Poll: Is Bose Bashing Justified? - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
View Poll Results: Is Bose bashing justified?
Yes 273 66.91%
No 135 33.09%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 299Likes

post #211 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9089 Post(s)
Liked: 6234
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt66 View Post
I will try to keep this brief since it is an audio forum. I do respect your opinion but there is more to a motorcycle then power and speed.
Of course, that is kind of the point.

Some people buy expensive products that are functionally inferior for reasons other than performance and that is fine; I'm actually not a Bose or HD hater at all.

I've owned BMW motos since 1987, (K75s and now F800ST), and they are certainly not road rippers in the modern sense. My second bike is all of 40hp, (DRZ400SM), but a perfect tool for the crumbling roads here in Sonoma County.

For me, in Audio, I'm willing to pay decent money for solid performance but I think my tower based 5.1 system with 15" sealed servo sub, to replace today, would likely cost about what the Bose Lifestyle System would cost. But even so my system is hardly "state of the art" which is where my price/value comfort zone lies.

But it would certainly be as discreet as the Bose which I can easily some folks preferring.

We need to keep in mind that 2/3 of people out there listen to music at home through a Soundbar if I recall the article I now can't find correctly.

This is worth a read as it shows the decline of AVRs vs Soundbars; we here on AVS are becoming dinosaurs it would seem.

But happy ones mind you.

https://hometheaterreview.com/is-the...udio-industry/
Lp85253 likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
It all seems pretty silly to me as well. It feels like some people have only heard one example of Bose speakers, or have not heard them at all in their own listening environment. I've heard JBL speakers that didn't sound good to me. Does that mean all of the speakers are overpriced and they are ripping people off? I think calling typical Bose consumers clueless is way out of line too. A lot of brands that are highly regarded around here are WAY overpriced and nobody seems to complain.

I have the acoustimass 5 in an extra room with an audiosource amp and it sounds really good in my opinion. Dialogue sounds really clear and natural like it should, and music sounds nice too. Perfect for the application they are in. I previously had the Pioneer Andrew Jones speakers in the same spot and prefer the sound that these put out and it looks and fits nicer in the area they are in as well. Maybe all of the people that like Bose are just happy with the way they sound so they don't have to come on this forum and constantly research and look for new speakers to buy all of the time? Maybe not so clueless?
Ryan1 and vvegas like this.

Last edited by acer; 01-30-2018 at 11:20 AM.
post #213 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It seems a lot of Bose bashing is that some audiophiles are frustrated that consumers are giving money to a company that's not giving them the best value for the dollar while smaller companies don't get same chance. In the end, isn't it up to consumers to decide if they want to compare different speakers and do research? Sure they can go to different stores and audition a bunch of speakers, but maybe it tells more about the buying public if they just want to go to Best Buy and get something that meets their needs and be done with it. Even if there are better values for the dollar, they don't care enough really to shop around and research. And that's the same for many industries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 12:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked: 692
One of the main assets of logging on to an audio and video forum is to get help and advice, typically for members in the market for buying components. The general observation that Bose speakers aren't recommended as a good value for the sound quality isn't bashing, it's just a common opinion from AVS forum participants. Of course, some advice is written by blunt, rude, and offensive posters that troll the forums. I've been around enough to know that the general consensus here is that if you love the product and the sound, more power to you; doesn't mean the advice is wrong.
post #215 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1941 Post(s)
Liked: 2085
We have to make a major distinction here...
This is a science forum and while anyone is welcome, it really is a community of people with a greater interest in sound...not only do we want the best sound possible, but we want to know how the best sound is happening. I want to know about drivers, crossovers, cabinets and ports. Bose won't tell me any of that and in fact, won't even let me listen to a Bose system side by side at one of the many stores that carry Bose. Anyway, the group of people who care not only about good sound, but how it is produced and how we can get even better sound, and since alot of us aren't rich, how we can get the best possible sound without robbing a bank...those are not Bose consumers.

A lot of consumers couldn't care less about finding the best quality sound or how it happens. They want better than their TV speakers and in some cases, they want the Bose name...as they see it in magazine and occassionally on TV. They want to spend 30 min on set up, not 3 weeks. They don't want wires all over their houses and they want speakers that blend into there living rooms. This group can't understand why Bose wouldn't be appreciate by Group #1 .

I look at the Bose Acoustimas and notice that Pyle Pro sells an identical looking system for 1/5 the price. I say- wait, what does the Bose system have that Pyle Pro doesn't and the only answer I can come up with is NOTHING...I have heard both and they both sound like crap...and maybe the Bose was a little better, but why is it not okay for me to point out that if both systems are "sub optimal" audio performers, the Pyle pro is the better VALUE?
snpanago and adrummingdude like this.

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
post #216 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 954 Post(s)
Liked: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by acer View Post
It all seems pretty silly to me as well. It feels like some people have only heard one example of Bose speakers, or have not heard them at all in their own listening environment. I've heard JBL speakers that didn't sound good to me. Does that mean all of the speakers are overpriced and they are ripping people off? I think calling typical Bose consumers clueless is way out of line too. A lot of brands that are highly regarded around here are WAY overpriced and nobody seems to complain.

I have the acoustimass 5 in an extra room with an audiosource amp and it sounds really good in my opinion. Dialogue sounds really clear and natural like it should, and music sounds nice too. Perfect for the application they are in. I previously had the Pioneer Andrew Jones speakers in the same spot and prefer the sound that these put out and it looks and fits nicer in the area they are in as well. Maybe all of the people that like Bose are just happy with the way they sound so they don't have to come on this forum and constantly research and look for new speakers to buy all of the time? Maybe not so clueless?
I hate acer computers...
Ryan1 likes this.
post #217 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 02:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by snpanago View Post
One of the main assets of logging on to an audio and video forum is to get help and advice, typically for members in the market for buying components. The general observation that Bose speakers aren't recommended as a good value for the sound quality isn't bashing, it's just a common opinion from AVS forum participants. Of course, some advice is written by blunt, rude, and offensive posters that troll the forums. I've been around enough to know that the general consensus here is that if you love the product and the sound, more power to you; doesn't mean the advice is wrong.
I wouldn't put too much stock in this. There are members here who have strong, but completely unfounded opinions, like the "golden ears" who swear that they can hear differences between DACs, amps, different speaker wire brands or power cords, 24/192 audio, lossless vs. high bit compressed, and so on. Of course, virtually all of it is nonsense, unsupported by ABX tests, yet firmly established among some "audiophiles." It's the same with Bose. Often the most vocal are the most delusional.

A cursory search finds that any Bose products generally get perfectly good pro reviews, better than many competitors, I'd guess. Here are the results of my 30 seconds perusal of CNET:

https://www.cnet.com/products/bose-s...ch-300/review/
https://www.cnet.com/products/bose-q...-35-ii/review/
https://www.cnet.com/products/bose-s...-micro/review/
https://www.cnet.com/videos/bose-sou...os-competitor/

I don't own a single Bose product, but I have friends who do and I generally like the combination of pretty good design and perfectly fine sound. It seems like a lot of the attacks are from people who are focused on "value" and who don't value design enough to understand why it commands a premium. I hear similar vitriol directed at B&O, and especially at Apple, because many find their products "overpriced," without any understanding of the appeal such products have with their target audience.

In the same vein one can argue that virtually every fashion designer is "overpriced," since you can buy a product with equivalent functionality at your local Walmart for much, much less. Similarly with cars, houses, and I suppose, spouses....

There are valid arguments for and against specific products for specific purposes, but some of the strong opinions expressed here are nonsense colored by religious fervor.

The bottom line is, if you think something is overpriced for you, don't buy it. But don't call "stupid" those who have made a different decision than you.

Cheers.
post #218 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 126
I've had some decent Bose products. The QC 35 II and QC 20 are good noise canceling headphones and earbuds. I bought someone a Bose Revolve + speaker for xmas and it's actually pretty nice. Great build quality and design and it looks and sounds good and I don't even use bluetooth myself.
Yes their ads are hyperbolic but everyones are.
vvegas likes this.
post #219 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyhuhn View Post
they produce products that are objectively measured terrible
so yes and this should keeping going on until they start to produce the type of products they are known for decades ago.
That is not true.
Their bluetooth speakers and noise canceling headphones are measured and rated to be quite good.
post #220 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
This is a science forum and while anyone is welcome,
A science forum? Since when?
Ryan1 and Jack D Ripper like this.
post #221 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
This is a science forum and while anyone is welcome, it really is a community of people with a greater interest in sound...not only do we want the best sound possible, but we want to know how the best sound is happening. I want to know about drivers, crossovers, cabinets and ports. Bose won't tell me any of that and in fact, won't even let me listen to a Bose system side by side at one of the many stores that carry Bose. Anyway, the group of people who care not only about good sound, but how it is produced and how we can get even better sound, and since alot of us aren't rich, how we can get the best possible sound without robbing a bank...those are not Bose consumers.

A lot of consumers couldn't care less about finding the best quality sound or how it happens. They want better than their TV speakers and in some cases, they want the Bose name...as they see it in magazine and occassionally on TV. They want to spend 30 min on set up, not 3 weeks. They don't want wires all over their houses and they want speakers that blend into there living rooms. This group can't understand why Bose wouldn't be appreciate by Group #1 .

I look at the Bose Acoustimas and notice that Pyle Pro sells an identical looking system for 1/5 the price. I say- wait, what does the Bose system have that Pyle Pro doesn't and the only answer I can come up with is NOTHING...I have heard both and they both sound like crap...and maybe the Bose was a little better, but why is it not okay for me to point out that if both systems are "sub optimal" audio performers, the Pyle pro is the better VALUE?
In my experience, "value" is a loaded term.

val·ue
ˈvalyo͞o/
noun
the regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something.
"your support is of great value"

verb
estimate the monetary worth of (something).
"his estate was valued at $45,000"

For instance, being a Realtor, I understand the value of a property is EXACTLY what someone is willing to pay for it. This can be approximated by comping recent sales and current listings, but it is indeed only an approximation. Until someone reaches into their wallet, the value is not known.

The same thing is true for speakers, cars, computers, doctors, whatever. Companies sell their products or services for the highest amount the market will bear, period. Therefore, if Bose can get $2500 for a cube/subwoofer system, $2500 is what it's worth and $2500 is what you will pay. If consumers stop buying that system for $2500, the value has been adjusted.

It's all well and good to bash Bose because it's price may not reconcile with it's performance compared to certain competitors, but there is much more than that to the value equation. Most consumers think of Bose as a premium name, and therefore will pay more for that name. Most consumers aren't speaker nerds like us, so will place a higher priority on aesthetic design (which means not seeing the speakers, usually). Bose does this quite well, as most better performing systems will also be much more intrusive to the eye. And lastly, consumers have been (successfully by Bose marketing) conditioned to think of Bose as a manufacturer of quality audio gear, and probably wouldn't believe us audio nerds outright if we contradict this notion. Of course, we could prove it to them with a side by side comparison, but how many of us have facility or the desire to do that? Nope, they wont believe us unless we can make a slick infomercial with rock stars and pretty girls. Credit Bose for awesome marketing.
vvegas likes this.

HT: KEF Reference 1 - Anthem AVM60 & MCA525 - Martin Logan Focus - DefTech XTR-20BP - Dual SVS SB16 Ultra
Office 2CH: KEF LS50 - Crown - Bluesound
Stage: Allen & Heath Dlive s5000 - Westone AMPRO 30 - AKG mics - Crown Amps
WAF is currently at DEFCON ORANGE
post #222 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

How many threads are started on AVS forum titled something like "$2500 Home Theater Speaker Recommendation"? Bose is rarely, if ever, mentioned as a recommended speaker brand. Elitist or just being helpful?
post #223 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
How many threads are started on AVS forum titled something like "$2500 Home Theater Speaker Recommendation"? Bose is rarely, if ever, mentioned as a recommended speaker brand. Elitist or just being helpful?
I suppose if it was stipulated they wanted tiny speakers that only sound good at low to moderate volume, bose might get suggested, but there are still many less expensive alternatives.
Ralarcon and CruelInventions like this.
post #224 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 771
Quote:
I wouldn't recommend Bose either, but I think you missed the point of my post.

HT: KEF Reference 1 - Anthem AVM60 & MCA525 - Martin Logan Focus - DefTech XTR-20BP - Dual SVS SB16 Ultra
Office 2CH: KEF LS50 - Crown - Bluesound
Stage: Allen & Heath Dlive s5000 - Westone AMPRO 30 - AKG mics - Crown Amps
WAF is currently at DEFCON ORANGE
post #225 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrummingdude View Post
I wouldn't recommend Bose either, but I think you missed the point of my post.
You made a good point. I didn't quote you because this wasn't a direct reply to your post.
adrummingdude likes this.
post #226 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Lie about your product, and you'll eventually be caught out.

Fifty years ago, I worked in a store that sold the Böse 901. Not having heard a truly good speaker (such as the KLH Nine, or the QUAD ESL-63), I was mightily impressed. I bought four for my surround system, and was surprised to discover that the basic sound quality of the 901 was no better than that of my KLH Model 11 FM!

Böse used a 4" full-range Carbonneau driver similar to the 4" full-range KLH driver that was the midrange of most of its speakers. The drivers sounded a lot alike, so you were, in effect, getting the sound of a KLH Model 17 -- and paying three times as much for it. Of course, Julian Hirsch said that it was the most-realistic sound he'd ever heard, while Gordon Holt remarked that it sounded like The Truth And The Light, while every other speaker in a showroom was just piddling around.

It's important to point out that Gordon Holt waited a long time to receive the 901 for review. Amar, et al, must have known that Holt wouldn't like it, and wanted to avoid damage from an unfavorable review. Gordon proceeded to write perhaps the greatest audio review of all time (equaled only by his trashing of RCA's Dynagroove system), in which he politely ripped the 901 to shreds, without getting nasty or personal.

Other than its use of bass EQ, every last thing about the 901 is wrong. It is not in any way a high-fidelity product, because it imposes its own sound on every recording, the opposite of the purpose of high-fidelity reproduction. But stores were happy to be able to sell an expensive and unique-sounding product with little competition from other 901 dealers.

If you make a lousy product, you claim it's the best there is, which is how Böse presented itself for many years.

I don't remember when Böse began making its "Lifestyle" speakers. I do remember a reviewer dismantling one of the multidirectional mini speakers, and complaining about cheap drivers and mediocre construction.

Böse claims a lot and delivers little. It has made no meaningful contribution to audio technology. This is strictly its own fault. (I could go into excruciating detail, but won't.) Böse richly deserves the trashing it gets, because it's earned it. If anyone would like to discuss particular products (Böse did produce one genuinely innovative speaker, the 2201), I'd be happy to join the discussion. Otherwise, I'm outta here.
post #227 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 2855 Post(s)
Liked: 2625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1 View Post
I wouldn't put too much stock in this.[B]There are members here who have strong, but completely unfounded opinions, like the "golden ears" who swear that they can hear differences between DACs, amps, different speaker wire brands or power cords, 24/192 audio, lossless vs. high bit compressed, and so on. Of course, virtually all of it is nonsense, unsupported by ABX tests, yet firmly established among some "audiophiles."[/B] It's the same with Bose. Often the most vocal are the most delusional.

A cursory search finds that any Bose products generally get perfectly good pro reviews, better than many competitors, I'd guess. Here are the results of my 30 seconds perusal of CNET:

https://www.cnet.com/products/bose-s...ch-300/review/
https://www.cnet.com/products/bose-q...-35-ii/review/
https://www.cnet.com/products/bose-s...-micro/review/
https://www.cnet.com/videos/bose-sou...os-competitor/

I don't own a single Bose product, but I have friends who do and I generally like the combination of pretty good design and perfectly fine sound. It seems like a lot of the attacks are from people who are focused on "value" and who don't value design enough to understand why it commands a premium. I hear similar vitriol directed at B&O, and especially at Apple, because many find their products "overpriced," without any understanding of the appeal such products have with their target audience.

In the same vein one can argue that virtually every fashion designer is "overpriced," since you can buy a product with equivalent functionality at your local Walmart for much, much less. Similarly with cars, houses, and I suppose, spouses....

There are valid arguments for and against specific products for specific purposes, but some of the strong opinions expressed here are nonsense colored by religious fervor.

The bottom line is, if you think something is overpriced for you, don't buy it. But don't call "stupid" those who have made a different decision than you.

Cheers.
Looks to me like you don't follow your own advice, so I won't.

"Double Blind Testing" a.k.a. The Blind Leading The Blind ...

Omniscience is a terrible responsibility, be careful how you use it!

Last edited by RayGuy; 01-30-2018 at 07:45 PM.
post #228 of 261 Old 01-30-2018, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
I suppose if it was stipulated they wanted tiny speakers that only sound good at low to moderate volume, bose might get suggested, but there are still many less expensive alternatives.
Polk !

Cheers
post #229 of 261 Old 01-31-2018, 03:12 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1 View Post
I wouldn't put too much stock in this. There are members here who have strong, but completely unfounded opinions, like the "golden ears" who swear that they can hear differences between DACs, amps, different speaker wire brands or power cords, 24/192 audio, lossless vs. high bit compressed, and so on. Of course, virtually all of it is nonsense, unsupported by ABX tests, yet firmly established among some "audiophiles." It's the same with Bose. Often the most vocal are the most delusional.
You make yourself out to be the owner of The Truth about everything audio. I completely disagree with your pov and i find it arrogant and pretentious.
RayGuy likes this.

Focal Aria 936, 807V, SVS PB2000, OPPO 103D, MRX 500, Simaudio Moon Neo 280D, Yamaha AS-2100, Rega Planar 3, Moon 110lp.
post #230 of 261 Old 01-31-2018, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I think what turns me off the most about Bose is their outrageous pricing for what obviously are products that are much cheaper for them to make. Way overpriced. You can do much better for less money. So yes, the bashing is justified.
post #231 of 261 Old 01-31-2018, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francky View Post
You make yourself out to be the owner of The Truth about everything audio. I completely disagree with your pov and i find it arrogant and pretentious.
Here we go....

I measured the Bose acoustimass 5 last night with ARC and here is what it found with left channel as an example. The right was similar but I didn't get a screen shot of it I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	2354320  

Last edited by acer; 01-31-2018 at 07:10 AM.
post #232 of 261 Old 01-31-2018, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francky View Post
Yes, I see why you want to lash out at him... you own a $2200 DAC...

Full disclosure: I used to want to believe in the magic, actually, that's what I bought, a DACMagic plus from Cambridge audio. ~$450

I guess my "goldenears" are not golden enough because it sounded to me like an undiscernible upgrade.

As I read more to see what was wrong with my ears, I discovered others had done test with higher quality stuff with similar results.

Here is one:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...udio,3733.html

Last edited by Shadowed; 01-31-2018 at 08:13 AM.
post #233 of 261 Old 01-31-2018, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Bose

I was a Bose fan back in the mid 70s when I purchased a set of 901s. They were great at the time when I was 21 years old and liked everything loud. Still Bose brought higher end sound to the masses. But now, Bose is mass market stuff at higher than should be pricing. I wish the company well but I have gone in other directions.
post #234 of 261 Old 01-31-2018, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1898 Post(s)
Liked: 1819
I spent a lot of money and time on my theater, both in hardware and construction. I spent years tuning, tweaking, absorbing, trapping, reflecting, and adjusting. I was proud of my final accomplishment!

One day my mother comes to town so I demo it for her and her husband.

After the movie her first question to me was "Is this a bose system?"

A part of me died that day.
post #235 of 261 Old 01-31-2018, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackkrash View Post
I can't argue with your subjective opinions. But I just hated the Bose system in my my two Audi S4s, although I admit didn't give the Bose system much of a chance in my trucks. But when you pull the speakers out and just look at them its not very surprising that they sound thin and hollow.

I will say, as a far as stock goes, big thumbs up to the optional Alpine system that comes in the higher-trim level Jeep Grand Cherokees and Dodge Durangos, and well as the Harmon Kardon system in some of the newer Mercedes Benz SUVs. They sound great even without an after market sub.
Yep. I hated the Bose "premium" stereo in my Porsche, the speakers of which the previous owner kept despite upgrading the HU. The first thing I did was replace all that crap with Polk 250s and it's incredible inside now.
post #236 of 261 Old 01-31-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmandal View Post
Yep. I hated the Bose "premium" stereo in my Porsche, the speakers of which the previous owner kept despite upgrading the HU. The first thing I did was replace all that crap with Polk 250s and it's incredible inside now.
I bought a 370Z and they tried to talk me into upgrading to the bose system and I said "no, i plan to rip all this out and put in a real system" and the salesmen kept saying if you get the bose you wont have to swap it out.

Bose has accomplished one hell of a marketing campaign.
post #237 of 261 Old 01-31-2018, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1627 Post(s)
Liked: 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkpenguin View Post
I spent a lot of money and time on my theater, both in hardware and construction. I spent years tuning, tweaking, absorbing, trapping, reflecting, and adjusting. I was proud of my final accomplishment!

One day my mother comes to town so I demo it for her and her husband.

After the movie her first question to me was "Is this a bose system?"

A part of me died that day.
LOL- post of the week. Does this confirm you were adopted?
post #238 of 261 Old 01-31-2018, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmandal View Post
See... for me, polk has the opposite stigma. The only polk I have heard are the low end home speakers that sound harsh, to be polite.
Some of the audio box stores push them at "huge discounts" because it looks good on a price quote.
post #239 of 261 Old 01-31-2018, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
See... for me, polk has the opposite stigma. The only polk I have heard are the low end home speakers that sound harsh, to be polite.
Some of the audio box stores push them at "huge discounts" because it looks good on a price quote.
Polk caters to both ends of the spectrum, and prices appropriately at either segment. I am normally a huge fan of the Boston Acoustics sound.. unfortunately they left the car audio market 2 years back, and to my ears, the Polk MM250s came closest to the uncolored sound I am used to at home.
Shadowed likes this.
post #240 of 261 Old 01-31-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
LOL- post of the week. Does this confirm you were adopted?
LOL funny you should say that! It's always been a running joke in my family that I look nothing like my 3 brothers.
rboster likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Bose , headphones , soundbar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page