Yamaha is it a good idea to use existing 5.1 and two separates on zone 2 in same room - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-08-2018, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Yamaha is it a good idea to use existing 5.1 and two separates on zone 2 in same room

I could not find any definite review or opinions on Yamaha NS-F350 -
I have an existing Definitive Technology pro cinema audio 5.1 surrounds. Coupling with 4 in ceiling Yamaha speakers and one Yamaha woofer I have managed to upgrade to 5.2.4 Atmos. with Yamaha Avantage RX-A3070 9 channel amplifier

The results are very satisfying for casual weekend movie theatre use but no so much for music listening

I was thinking of getting two-floor standers which I can connect as Zone 2 to Yamaha and then I have 2 channel with my Zone 2 . The speakers will be kept in the same room. and the Yamaha receiver has acess to TIdal/Deezer/OPPO Blueray etc for high-quality music

I was thinking of Yamaha NS -F350 which should go well with my Yamaha sub

The receiver is the newly acquired RX-A3070 leaving me budget below 1000 Euro

In future, I can complete the surrounds with tonally matched Yamaha and then free up the DT speakers

This way I can free up the DT 5.1 setup and throw is on a cheap 5.1 receiver to run my xbox etc for my Kids

Two things are stopping me from taking the plunge

1. Yamaha's are 6 ohms - Although RX-A3070 is part of advantage line ( 150 Watt will have enough juice on two wire setup or will it require Bi-wiring ( bi _ wiring will mean additional amp atleast one atmos pair)

there is no mention if the All the channels have acess to same headroom or only front left and right
Yamaha amp specs are

Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven) - 150 W (8 ohms, 0.06% THD)

2. No reviews of Yamaha 350 Line as a home surround package

Any suggestions / advise are welcome and thanks in advance

And Dynamic Power / Ch (Front L/R, 8/6/4/2 ohms) - 175 / 220 / 295 / 410 W
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-08-2018, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2642 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatikar View Post

I was thinking of Yamaha NS -F350 which should go well with my Yamaha sub
I tried finding that model, but don't even see it anywhere. Is that the correct model number? Did you mean 150, or 310? Or are my google skills failing me?

Don't worry about 'matching' your yamaha sub. Matching a sub is nonsense that some salesmen like to go on about, but matching a sub + speakers is meaningless (unless you are talking about small satellite/paired setups).

What is your total budget?

And don't worry about 6ohms. Any decent AVR can handle 6ohms (and probably 4ohms). Only be concerned with so-so AVRs and 4ohms or weird proprietary levels.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-08-2018, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe Doe View Post
I tried finding that model, but don't even see it anywhere. Is that the correct model number? Did you mean 150, or 310? Or are my google skills failing me?

Don't worry about 'matching' your Yamaha sub. Matching a sub is nonsense that some salesmen like to go on about, but matching a sub + speakers is meaningless (unless you are talking about small satellite/paired setups).

What is your total budget?

And don't worry about 6ohms. Any decent AVR can handle 6ohms (and probably 4ohms). Only be concerned with so-so AVRs and 4ohms or weird proprietary levels.
Sorry was not allowed to post links yet. the model seems to be Europe specific https://europe.yamaha.com/en/product...l#product-tabs

matching surround as a future upgrade - https://europe.yamaha.com/en/product...350/index.html

original DT speakers ( procinema 1000 all around and centre procinema 2000) - https://www.definitivetechnology.com...ocinema-series with Supercube woofer

receiver: Yamaha RX-A3070 https://europe.yamaha.com/en/product...070/index.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	21B91631E96E429BBAC26D6B7A792A01_12073_735x735_80b47b3f44c5847ddd5396a35c4deb53.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	2358044  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-08-2018, 04:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2642 Post(s)
Liked: 1234
Yamaha doesn't get mentioned much here, so afraid I'm not the one to ask if those towers are decent or not. There are certainly other options too if you want to go the tower route. Assuming you are in Europe, so you may also be able to find some deals on Cantons (especially if in Germany).

As for the overall setup, I wouldn't do the zone 2 thing myself. What I'd do is either replace the front three, (leave the pair of DTs as surrounds for now), if money is an issue. Or just replace everything in one go. You don't have to go crazy with surrounds, almost any half-way decent speaker will suffice back there.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-08-2018, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 2852 Post(s)
Liked: 2619
Sounds like a plan. Systems that do HT well often do not do music well. I have gone so far as to have two completely different systems in my main room, no reason you cannot do a version of that same set-up. Get some listening experience and see what options are available to you in your price range.

Where are you located? What speaker brands are available to you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page