What is your favorite Internet Direct (ID) speaker company? - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 48Likes

post #61 of 102 Old 04-03-2018, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1042 Post(s)
Liked: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
https://www.whathifi.com/news/oppo-c...layer-business

Apparently their smartphones are quite popular in Asia.

Bye-bye Oppo Blu-ray Players, part of cord cutting plus I think their players were over-priced vs Sony for example

Primary set-up 5.1.4; Yamaha A2050, Paired w/Parasound P5 & ATI 522NC 2 channel amp
Revel F206 fronts & Revel M16 rears; Outlaw X12 Sub & 4 RSL C34e in-ceilings

Secondary 5.1: Denon S900W, Polk LSiM703/704C, Polk RC80i in-ceiling rears, RSL Speedwoofer 10s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 102 Old 04-03-2018, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7459 Post(s)
Liked: 5688
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks1 View Post
Bye-bye Oppo Blu-ray Players, part of cord cutting plus I think their players were over-priced vs Sony for example
Agreed. When they first came out their players weren't too overpriced, I think they started around $300. Probably too much competition that low to be very profitable.

But in the last several years they just went way too high-end for my cheap @ss, lol.
yanks1 and Out-Of-Phase like this.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #63 of 102 Old 04-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I bought the HSU sub VTF-1, liked it so much, I bought 3.1 (my surrounds are small, due to the room). Love them. I never hear the speakers, only the source.

In Vienna we sit, in late night cafe. Straight Connection, on T.E.E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 102 Old 04-03-2018, 09:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked: 1454
Quote:
https://www.whathifi.com/news/oppo-c...layer-business

Apparently their smartphones are quite popular in Asia.
I have one, but here in the US of A.

Quote:
Is Oppo and OnePlus same company?
Now, to answer the question – all three brands are subsidiaries of one Chinese mega company. ... While Vivo and Oppo are wholly owned by BBK, OnePlus is technically a subsidiary of Oppo, but since BBK owns the parent company as well, we take it the folks at OnePlus are well familiar with the mother company.Jun 21, 2016

Quote:
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. ~ Richard P. Feynman
post #65 of 102 Old 04-03-2018, 10:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked: 1454
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post

I will say the most fervent advocates/acolytes who abhor ANY implication that their speakers aren't THE BEST FOR EVERY APPLICATION are the owners of Tekton and Chane speakers.
Heh, I think I know what you mean. In one case, it may start from the top.
post #66 of 102 Old 04-03-2018, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 170
NHT. Besides MLP (below) I have Absolute Zeros and Super Zeros. I've never been disappointed.

Panasonic TCP65VT60, Denon AVR-x6200w
Oppo UDP-203, Dish VIP722
NHT C4 front speakers, NHT C LCR center spkr
NHT Classic 3 surrounds
Velodyne Optimum 12 & DLS-5000R subs
post #67 of 102 Old 04-04-2018, 05:45 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Q acoustic concept 40 just bought a pair. this is a fantastic speaker I actually got it on sale. In my opinion this is plays in a much higher price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gajCA likes this.
post #68 of 102 Old 04-04-2018, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 721 Post(s)
Liked: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by realjetavenger View Post
I would add Elac Uni-Fi UB5 to that list. The msrp is $500 but in just over the past 3 months have been on sale for $350. Even at msrp, they are some pretty great speakers.
I actually considered the UniB but with the debut line coming out with a brighter tweeter (which I enjoy) I figured I’d wait and see if they revise the Uni line as well. Although $350 is a nice price for that pair.

| Eqmt | Vizio 4K M50-E1 | Yamaha RX-V681 | iNUKE 3kdsp x2 | Emotiva BasX A-100 | miniDSP UMIK-1 | Monolith M1060 | Monolith USB DAC |
| Sub | Trilithon | Stonehenge Variant Subwoofer - 18” - 9ft³ - 19Hz | Marty | Microcube 390HO - 22Hz | Monolith THX Ultra 12 | Monolith THX Select 10 |
| Spkrs | HSU CCB8 x3 | SVS Prime Elevation x2 | Polk S15 |
post #69 of 102 Old 04-06-2018, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2337 Post(s)
Liked: 3456
Quote:
Agreed. When they first came out their players weren't too overpriced, I think they started around $300. Probably too much competition that low to be very profitable.

But in the last several years they just went way too high-end for my cheap @ss, lol.

Totally agree on those higher end model, a simple model that do well with HDMI (4K and all), that most use, would have suffice.

$500 for the BD83, both in the US and Canada, and got one of them.
Yes they were a lot more expensive to get, but did have advantage over my previous Sony and Toshiba player.
It loaded much faster, and allow you to skip the previews that the other did not (not all previews, from the Sony and Toshiba would allow-it and the Oppo did).

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks1 View Post

As mention in the quote above, they were more pricey to get, but did had some advantage then.
They even fix mine once my warranty was done by a month at no charge (with free shipping, both ways [Canada to States, then States to Canada])
I will miss them, I was about to get a player capable of 4K/UHD from them

Ray

Last edited by darthray; 04-06-2018 at 08:04 AM.
post #70 of 102 Old 04-06-2018, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlaw View Post
I bought the HSU sub VTF-1, liked it so much, I bought 3.1 (my surrounds are small, due to the room). Love them. I never hear the speakers, only the source.
Did you get the CCB8? For the LCR

| Eqmt | Vizio 4K M50-E1 | Yamaha RX-V681 | iNUKE 3kdsp x2 | Emotiva BasX A-100 | miniDSP UMIK-1 | Monolith M1060 | Monolith USB DAC |
| Sub | Trilithon | Stonehenge Variant Subwoofer - 18” - 9ft³ - 19Hz | Marty | Microcube 390HO - 22Hz | Monolith THX Ultra 12 | Monolith THX Select 10 |
post #71 of 102 Old 04-11-2018, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My B1s are arriving this Thursday so hopefully by this weekend I'll be able to give you a very rough unscientific comparison of them to the 340s I owned +12 years ago.

(Snip)
(Snip)
Give me the rundown. How are you liking your B1’s?

post #72 of 102 Old 04-11-2018, 04:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 1095
Quote:
To be honest very few of the ID companies have any major AVS detractors which says a lot.

I will say the most fervent advocates/acolytes who abhor ANY implication that their speakers aren't THE BEST FOR EVERY APPLICATION are the owners of Tekton and Chane speakers.
I'm sure that my saying it defies the permissible narrative, Geoff, but that's just out of the blue, and it's an ironic detraction itself. In fact, it could be why people tell us you have a talent for marginalizing at least one of those brands, especially the odd "for every application" charge.

Rather, speaking for Chane, it simply does quite well for itself when real users make real comparisons - almost always in-category, too - and report real results. You could look and listen for yourself instead of encouraging hearsay...

Chane Music & Cinema
Need advice? Avoid speculation; for solid referrals seek out real users.

Last edited by Jon Lane; 04-11-2018 at 05:08 AM.
post #73 of 102 Old 04-11-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBateman View Post
Give me the rundown. How are you liking your B1’s?
Well, I haven't had a chance to do an extended listening session at higher volumes or any AB comparisons yet, which is why I've been holding off on posting anything about them...however, I can say that they don't seem to do anything wrong at all. The moment of truth will be when I switch back to the Wharfedales after another week or two of exclusively listening to them.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #74 of 102 Old 04-11-2018, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9373 Post(s)
Liked: 6455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Lane View Post
I'm sure that my saying it defies the permissible narrative, Geoff, but that's just out of the blue, and it's an ironic detraction itself. In fact, it could be why people tell us you have a talent for marginalizing at least one of those brands, especially the odd "for every application" charge.

Rather, speaking for Chane, it simply does quite well for itself when real users make real comparisons - almost always in-category, too - and report real results. You could look and listen for yourself instead of encouraging hearsay...
And yet, when they are in stock, the Chanes are on my list of AVS favorites while the affordable bookshelves of the brand I have in my main home theater are not.

Geoff A. J., California
post #75 of 102 Old 04-11-2018, 11:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 1095
Quote:
And yet, when they are in stock, the Chanes are on my list of AVS favorites while the affordable bookshelves of the brand I have in my main home theater are not.
There are a lot of reasons to favor a product of any kind or in any category. There's appearance, reputation, price, community, or any number of perceptions, some of them potentially objective about it's real purpose and the experience it provides.

Bias evidences itself when a valid consideration or finding is consistently challenged simply because it conflicts with the competing preference or preconception: Narratives arise and narratives can be jealously guarded.

One reason to favor a product, technology, or a brand's expression is, in the case of a loudspeaker, even actual sound, as well as a user is able to determine it. In that case the only arbiter is the listener whose goal is the sound.

It's natural to pop into a conversation and casually inquire which complex product - car, meal, suit, boat, or even neighborhood or travel itinerary or hospital or townhouse - is "best" but getting a concrete, consensus report from actual, broad experience is less common than are the opinions drawn from one of the usual expectations or biases.

Maybe only a small fraction of ostensibly related chatter relates to tangible, concrete "scientific" reality, so to put it. Only the guys who have experienced a significant sampling possess it, and of them, only the ones free to discuss are going to be pertinent. The rest is just bias, hearsay, habit, or simple conjecture. In some cases it's even the gratuitous assumption or worse.

Solution? Go out and experience the item. That's been my recommendation for years. Unless you're in it for a reason other than listening, which is fine, you're best off hearing as much as you can. The folks with the broadest real experience set are the ones to consult if your aims align with theirs, that being how does something really drive, taste, wear, or sound.

Chane Music & Cinema
Need advice? Avoid speculation; for solid referrals seek out real users.
post #76 of 102 Old 04-11-2018, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, I haven't had a chance to do an extended listening session at higher volumes or any AB comparisons yet, which is why I've been holding off on posting anything about them...however, I can say that they don't seem to do anything wrong at all. The moment of truth will be when I switch back to the Wharfedales after another week or two of exclusively listening to them.
Understood. No rush here just figured you had forgot that I asked. Seeing your first impression is nothing being noticeably wrong, I guess that somewhat answers my concerns of them being underwhelming. Still, I look forward to hearing what your impression is. Just curious what kind of Wharfedales do you have?

post #77 of 102 Old 04-11-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Understood. No rush here just figured you had forgot that I asked. Seeing your first impression is nothing being noticeably wrong, I guess that somewhat answers my concerns of them being underwhelming. Still, I look forward to hearing what your impression is. Just curious what kind of Wharfedales do you have?
Well, "underwhelming" would be way too harsh and way too early...I'm just being a little cautious is all.

Also, I'm well aware that my personal preferences for a "warm" presentation is not shared by most AVS folks, who tend to be more HT focused and when they do listen to music, tend to be more analytical. My Wharfedales are 10.1s and by some accounts a good deal warmer than the subsequent 220s.

I can safely say however that the B1s do not have the treble "edge" that I discovered in the Q100s, so I would recommend them more widely and with fewer caveats as of now.

post #78 of 102 Old 04-11-2018, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Well, "underwhelming" would be way too harsh and way too early...I'm just being a little cautious is all.

Also, I'm well aware that my personal preferences for a "warm" presentation is not shared by most AVS folks, who tend to be more HT focused and when they do listen to music, tend to be more analytical. My Wharfedales are 10.1s and by some accounts a good deal warmer than the subsequent 220s.

I can safely say however that the B1s do not have the treble "edge" that I discovered in the Q100s, so I would recommend them more widely and with fewer caveats as of now.
Just curious, for how long did you have your Q100s? I have found the edge rounding out somewhat over time. This relieves me. OTH, I'm still waiting for my newer ELAC C6.2 to sharpen up a bit more. Love the level of bass it produces for a center, but there's some thickness to it. Sorry, don't want to derail the thread--break-in periods have just been on my mind lately as I've bought 3 sets of bookshelves, a center, and a sub in the last two months and have been following their gradual evolution. The Uni-Fi UB5s are my clear favorites of the bunch. I like everything about them.
post #79 of 102 Old 04-11-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartamets View Post
Just curious, for how long did you have your Q100s? I have found the edge rounding out somewhat over time. This relieves me. OTH, I'm still waiting for my newer ELAC C6.2 to sharpen up a bit more. Love the level of bass it produces for a center, but there's some thickness to it. Sorry, don't want to derail the thread--break-in periods have just been on my mind lately as I've bought 3 sets of bookshelves, a center, and a sub in the last two months and have been following their gradual evolution. The Uni-Fi UB5s are my clear favorites of the bunch. I like everything about them.
I was limited by BB's 15 day return period, but I listened to them pretty intensively...probably several hours a day.

Personally I'm agnostic on the topic of speaker break-in vs user break-in. I did have a very strong experience with my Wharfedales...hated them out of the box, but after a week or two I loved them. From reading anecdotal reviews, this seems to be a fairly common experience with many listeners.

If I had kept the Q100s for 30 days instead of 15, might I have gotten so used to them as to find the Wharfedales to be hopelessly "muddy and veiled" (the two most common descriptions used by their detractors)? I tend to doubt that, but who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if it just boils down to some unknowable mixture of habituation plus personal taste.
spartamets likes this.

post #80 of 102 Old 04-12-2018, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked: 465
My favorite ID company? The one that does not price gouge customers.
post #81 of 102 Old 04-12-2018, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I bought Emotiva and was so impressed I kept buying more. I’m sure they’re all good, just try one or two and stick with what you like.

Main 7.1 HT: Dali Zensor (7s, Vokal, and 1s), Emotiva E2s, HSU ULS-15 MK2, Emotiva BasX preamp/amps (MC-700, A-300, A-500)
Kid’s 5.1 HT: Dali Oberon (5s, Vokal), RSL C34Es, HSU VTF-2 MK5, Denon X2400H
7-Zone CCA/Spotify WHA: Paradigm (E-80Rs x6, P-80SM), Def Tech AW6500s, Polk MC-80, Emotiva BasX amps (A-700, A-500), FiiO D3 DACs
post #82 of 102 Old 04-12-2018, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartamets View Post
How do you like the 2.0 line & have you listening to the first debuts? I’m curious if it’s true that the tweeter is brighter than the first gen. I had considered the Uni-Fi UB5’s while they were on sale for $350 but curiosity killed the cat and they went back up.

post #83 of 102 Old 04-12-2018, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectah View Post
I bought Emotiva and was so impressed I kept buying more. I’m sure they’re all good, just try one or two and stick with what you like.
I’m still leaning with the B1’s but my first purchase was rash so I’m trying not to make the same mistake this time around.

Although I can’t get the CCB8’s out of my head. Just such a huge price difference. I’ve been debating the two for 3pgs now

post #84 of 102 Old 04-12-2018, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I find that when a speaker “gets stuck in your head” you need to order it immediately and try it out. Only a demo will enable you to move on (either with the purchase or no longer considering it based on trying and returning).

Main 7.1 HT: Dali Zensor (7s, Vokal, and 1s), Emotiva E2s, HSU ULS-15 MK2, Emotiva BasX preamp/amps (MC-700, A-300, A-500)
Kid’s 5.1 HT: Dali Oberon (5s, Vokal), RSL C34Es, HSU VTF-2 MK5, Denon X2400H
7-Zone CCA/Spotify WHA: Paradigm (E-80Rs x6, P-80SM), Def Tech AW6500s, Polk MC-80, Emotiva BasX amps (A-700, A-500), FiiO D3 DACs
post #85 of 102 Old 04-12-2018, 11:46 PM
The Village Idiot

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 757
I've owned speakers from several ID speaker manufacturer/sellers, Emotiva, Salk, Philharmonic Audio, and Selah Audio. I still have two pairs of Emotiva speakers, the ERD-1 bipole/dipole surrounds, and Emotiva XRM-4.1 bookshelf speakers in zone 2, and a single custom center channel from Selah Audio that is an amazingly good center speaker. Best I've ever heard. It has the same Hiquphon OW2 tweeter as used in the Song Towers (Salk) - timbre is nearly dead-on, closer than some center channel speakers that were matched to the front L/R. Until I bought the Song Towers I had regretted selling a pair of Emotiva ERT 8.3s for the longest time. I'd had them about 4 years and someone over on the Emotiva Lounge talked me out of them. When I'm ready for a new pair of speakers I'll be visiting one of these four companies. What I buy depends on the state of my funds at the time I'm looking. Dennis Murphy has some very interesting designs - and his flagship speakers are something more of us should be looking at. A pair of speakers for $3500 that play down to 30hz is not something to be ignored. And since I just sold my classic car for a very good price I'm thinking I should give Dennis a call. You may see a pair of Song Towers up for sale in a few months ---- or not! I really do like the Song Towers --- a lot!

I also have a sub from a now-defunct speaker manufacturer - Elemental Designs (eD) A5-350 15" sub. I suppose they deserve a mention here. Sub still works great. I even turn it on once in a great while. And I'm still impressed with how it shakes the entire house.

Most everyone here will tell you to go out and audition speakers before you buy. There isn't a decent audio shop within 100 miles of me. So I just read what the average Joe had to say about particular speakers. Based on so many favorable reviews I bit and bought. So far I haven't been disappointed in any of the ID speaker products I've bought over the years. The last speakers I could audition were a pair of Infinity Interlude IL40s. I still have a pair of them - but not the originals. When a pair came up locally for dirt cheap I bought them. They play for me every night for about 2 hours - nite nite music.
gajCA and Lp85253 like this.

(WWG1WGA)
Twas a woman who drove me to drink. I never had the decency to write and thank her ~ WC Fields

Last edited by Knucklehead90; 04-12-2018 at 11:57 PM.
post #86 of 102 Old 04-13-2018, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
I’m still leaning with the B1’s but my first purchase was rash so I’m trying not to make the same mistake this time around.

Although I can’t get the CCB8’s out of my head. Just such a huge price difference. I’ve been debating the two for 3pgs now
I know the feeling. CCB8's danced in my brain for months. I dont know exactly why. Partly because they were unique, partly because I had coaxial KEFs and id become enamored with the idea of coaxials in general, partly the 8inch midrange..whatever the reason I just couldnt stop thinking about them. Glad I ended up getting them. People ask ,"Do they perform $X more than the another speaker?" Confirmation bias is hard to escape, its unlikely you will let yourself believe you made a mistake. The telling factor should be if it stresses you out to pay the extra money. Irrespective of the performance increase, its not worth it.

Epson 5040 UB ; 120 inch Elite Cinewhite 1.1 gain 16:9
XBOX One S ; Denon X3300W
(4) KEF Q100 ; Q200C ; (2) SVS Prime Elevation ; HSU VTF3 MK3 (5.1.2)
post #87 of 102 Old 04-13-2018, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectah View Post
I find that when a speaker “gets stuck in your head” you need to order it immediately and try it out. Only a demo will enable you to move on (either with the purchase or no longer considering it based on trying and returning).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Category5 View Post
I know the feeling. CCB8's danced in my brain for months. I dont know exactly why. Partly because they were unique, partly because I had coaxial KEFs and id become enamored with the idea of coaxials in general, partly the 8inch midrange..whatever the reason I just couldnt stop thinking about them. Glad I ended up getting them. People ask ,"Do they perform $X more than the another speaker?" Confirmation bias is hard to escape, its unlikely you will let yourself believe you made a mistake. The telling factor should be if it stresses you out to pay the extra money. Irrespective of the performance increase, its not worth it.
Yes I think you guys are right, regardless if I’ll be spending $700 more for the CCB8’s I should still demo them at least were I can decide.

& @Category5 that’s exactly what’s been going through my head..High gloss piano black beautiful cabinets w/ a 8” yellow coaxial driver, you just don’t see many 8” drivers, you don’t see many coaxials. Ugh they’re beautiful!

Hell I guess I just decided I’ll order them next week.
Category5 likes this.

post #88 of 102 Old 04-13-2018, 06:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2194 Post(s)
Liked: 1836
Quote:
I was limited by BB's 15 day return period, but I listened to them pretty intensively...probably several hours a day.

Personally I'm agnostic on the topic of speaker break-in vs user break-in. I did have a very strong experience with my Wharfedales...hated them out of the box, but after a week or two I loved them. From reading anecdotal reviews, this seems to be a fairly common experience with many listeners.

If I had kept the Q100s for 30 days instead of 15, might I have gotten so used to them as to find the Wharfedales to be hopelessly "muddy and veiled" (the two most common descriptions used by their detractors)? I tend to doubt that, but who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if it just boils down to some unknowable mixture of habituation plus personal taste.
it's a strange combo to live with on a daily basis... i like both about equally .. but i find myself playing music that emphasizes the strengths of whichever pair i am listening to at the time... i guess that's what a lot of folks might do...i have been thinking of adding b1's into the mix, thinking about WD denton's as an alternative.. plus a couple others..

YAMAHA TSR 5790.. front l/r Dennis Murphy modded emotiva b1's ..BIC v1220.....Emotiva basx10.... infinity alpha 20 center.. polk t15 rears..samsung 55" j620d
bedroom .. YAMAHA r-xv 383... front l/r.. ascend cbm 170 se... kef q100 center ... Emotiva basx8... samsung ku6300 50 in
post #89 of 102 Old 04-14-2018, 02:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Only one I own so far is HSU and I absolutely adore my VTF3-MK5. There just wasn't anything on the market quite like it at the price and I would certainly buy it again.

I am on the preorder for some Chane's so we will see how those turn out but I have little doubt I will love them.
post #90 of 102 Old 04-14-2018, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 58
For me I would list them this way:

Subs
Power Sound Audio*
SVS
HSU
Rythmic
Monoprice Monolith
Outlaw Audio

Speakers
Aperion
Ascend
RBH
SVS
Emotiva
Power Sound Audio

Amps
Emotiva*
Outlaw Audio*
Monoprice Monolith

*own currently or have owned

My favorite brand of speakers are PSB - so I cannot * any of the listed ones.

“The world's intelligence is a constant, the population is growing.”

HT Ymha CX-A5100 | Monolith 7x200 | PSA V1800 | PSB Spkrs | Sony UBPX800 | BlueJeans cbls | Smsng UN65KS; 2-channel Rotel RA-1570 | Project Carbon Espirit DC | Bluesound Node 2i | Qacoustics 3050

Last edited by hdash; 04-14-2018 at 08:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
internet direct main speaker

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page