Please help choosing JTR or SVS - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 56Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 145 Old 07-01-2018, 03:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
madhuski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,859
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1484 Post(s)
Liked: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigpig View Post
High sensitivity, high power handling, nearly indestructible.

So then what are the trade offs to achieve all that?

Selling in AVS Classifieds
FS: D-Sonic Three Channel Amp
madhuski is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 145 Old 07-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
nodoubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 738
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuski View Post
So then what are the trade offs to achieve all that?
id say less finesse, less musical, harder to blend seamlessly....
just my guess
nodoubt is offline  
post #93 of 145 Old 07-02-2018, 06:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GIEGAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,379
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuski View Post
So then what are the trade offs to achieve all that?
Cost! The high grade Neodymium magnet coaxial compression driver used by JTR in their 3-way models retailed for between $750 - $800 per unit the last time I looked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoubt View Post
id say less finesse, less musical, harder to blend seamlessly....
just my guess
This is what high-priced consumer audio spivs would like you to believe. But I can't see how the attributes of high sensitivity, high power handling and being "almost indestructible" precludes the first two (loosely defined) attributes. The mid/high coaxial being point source, time aligned, phase coherent and very low distortion at high SPL would strongly indicate the opposite is true.

As for "harder to blend seamlessly...."; the BMC coaxial has a FR down to 300Hz (-10dB?) and loaded onto a 60º x 60º horn, is readily blended with the woofers using a 500Hz crossover on most JTR speaker models. Additionally, the midrange CD covers the majority of the range of human voice.
MKtheater, madhuski and BassMojo like this.
GIEGAR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 145 Old 07-02-2018, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 4,784
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2194 Post(s)
Liked: 2408
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoubt View Post
id say less finesse, less musical, harder to blend seamlessly....
just my guess
Not at all.

Trade offs are size, price and they look somewhat industrial.
raynist is offline  
post #95 of 145 Old 07-02-2018, 08:09 AM
The Ultimate chest punch!
 
Adamg (Ret-Navy)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 1,903
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1051 Post(s)
Liked: 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Not at all.

Trade offs are size, price and they look somewhat industrial.
Looks! Do you buy speakers to look at or listen to ? Some want the former and are never fully satisfied with the latter. Others go for the latter and never give a crap about the former. Chose wisely my friend.....

AdamG, ...out!
The government cannot give to anybody,
anything that the government does not first,
take from somebody else.
Adamg (Ret-Navy) is offline  
post #96 of 145 Old 07-02-2018, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 4,784
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2194 Post(s)
Liked: 2408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamg (Ret-Navy) View Post
Looks! Do you buy speakers to look at or listen to ? Some want the former and are never fully satisfied with the latter. Others go for the latter and never give a crap about the former. Chose wisely my friend.....
All of the speakers in my 4 systems are the PA type, looks come last for me
Adamg (Ret-Navy) likes this.
raynist is offline  
post #97 of 145 Old 07-02-2018, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Can I ask if there is a comparable (sound, quality, price) alternative to JTR ?

I've emailed, called, and leave messages, but there is no response from them (few emails over 2 weeks, called since last week).

I am a bit concerned of getting help in the future if just getting to their sales is rather difficult.

Is a diy a good idea ? I saw some info on the DIY Sound Group but cant find info on whether a build instruction is included in the packs they sold. (I figure we can use a locally sourced wood. Its something we have plenty of here).

Can anyone please advise how the DIYSG 1899 sounds ? For ht and for music ?

Do you diy the subwoofer also (I imagine this is more difficult ?). If not, then I'd still have to find a sub supply that is hopefully comparable to the cap2400.

Thank you guys.
hughhugh is offline  
post #98 of 145 Old 07-02-2018, 07:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
markg35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 871
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 288
DIY is most definitely an option look at that section.There are threads on the 1899's'one guy built 7!.
The Titans are another option.

The kits don't really come with instruction but there are build threads on most models.Most you can get prebuilt crossovers or there is a speaker designer who can bulid them for you.
Finishing is really the most difficult part.What I mean that by that,is the skys the limit as to how you finish them whether paint,duratex,veneer,ect.

Subwoofers can be built fairly easily as well depending what you want.There are many proven designs in the DIY section,and new ones are popping up daily(it seems)Again the skys the limit.

Check out the DIY section.Many who have, will never go back to commercial speakers and subs(I'm one of them,even though I've only just begun the journey.
markg35 is offline  
post #99 of 145 Old 07-02-2018, 07:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,138
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3222 Post(s)
Liked: 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhugh View Post
Can I ask if there is a comparable (sound, quality, price) alternative to JTR ?



I've emailed, called, and leave messages, but there is no response from them (few emails over 2 weeks, called since last week).



I am a bit concerned of getting help in the future if just getting to their sales is rather difficult.



Is a diy a good idea ? I saw some info on the DIY Sound Group but cant find info on whether a build instruction is included in the packs they sold. (I figure we can use a locally sourced wood. Its something we have plenty of here).



Can anyone please advise how the DIYSG 1899 sounds ? For ht and for music ?



Do you diy the subwoofer also (I imagine this is more difficult ?). If not, then I'd still have to find a sub supply that is hopefully comparable to the cap2400.



Thank you guys.


If not DIY then look at PSA speakers as well. While not the level of JTR they are a lot cheaper and IMO provide a lot of bang for the buck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is online now  
post #100 of 145 Old 07-02-2018, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 4,784
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2194 Post(s)
Liked: 2408
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhugh View Post
Can I ask if there is a comparable (sound, quality, price) alternative to JTR ?

I've emailed, called, and leave messages, but there is no response from them (few emails over 2 weeks, called since last week).

I am a bit concerned of getting help in the future if just getting to their sales is rather difficult.

Is a diy a good idea ? I saw some info on the DIY Sound Group but cant find info on whether a build instruction is included in the packs they sold. (I figure we can use a locally sourced wood. Its something we have plenty of here).

Can anyone please advise how the DIYSG 1899 sounds ? For ht and for music ?

Do you diy the subwoofer also (I imagine this is more difficult ?). If not, then I'd still have to find a sub supply that is hopefully comparable to the cap2400.

Thank you guys.
@Jeff Permanian

Strange, I have always had good luck calling them. He is on central time zone and a one man show.

I would call in the early to mid morning Central Standard Time. I think there is a big time zone difference from what I remember (you are not in the US correct?).
raynist is offline  
post #101 of 145 Old 07-02-2018, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GIEGAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,379
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhugh View Post
Can I ask if there is a comparable (sound, quality, price) alternative to JTR ?

...
JTR's are probably without peer in a high performance passive speaker, but here's a few off the top of my head:

Seaton Sound The Catalysts are DSP controlled tri-amplified active speakers that hook straight up to your pre/pro. (Rack mounted amps are an option.)

Tyler Acoustics Pro Dynamics line using Eminence pro drivers. (Cardas; bi-wiring? A taste of snake oil here.)

Danley Sound Labs Synergy Horns.

Yorkville Sound Unity U215B (passive) or Unity U15PB (powered).
GIEGAR is offline  
post #102 of 145 Old 07-02-2018, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg35 View Post
DIY is most definitely an option look at that section.There are threads on the 1899's'one guy built 7!.
It sounds interesting. Would be great if someone has posted the video on youtube. Although not accurate, I think those videos help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg35 View Post
The kits don't really come with instruction but there are build threads on most models.Most you can get prebuilt crossovers or there is a speaker designer who can bulid them for you.
I thought DIYSG also sells assembled crossovers ? I am not too confident in dealing with electronics. This would be a big factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg35 View Post
Finishing is really the most difficult part.What I mean that by that,is the skys the limit as to how you finish them whether paint,duratex,veneer,ect.
This part would be easy on my side ( for a change ). There are plenty of carpenters here. Although they mostly work without machines (using handsaw and the likes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg35 View Post
Subwoofers can be built fairly easily as well depending what you want.There are many proven designs in the DIY section,and new ones are popping up daily(it seems)Again the skys the limit.
DIYSG sub seems to be very limited. I saw a lot of interesting ideas on the DIY section but the thing with too many options is it becomes difficult deciding which one to choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg35 View Post
Check out the DIY section.Many who have, will never go back to commercial speakers and subs(I'm one of them,even though I've only just begun the journey.
Will do.
Thanks @markg35 . I'll keep this option open but will try a few more days on getting in touch with JTR
hughhugh is offline  
post #103 of 145 Old 07-02-2018, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
If not DIY then look at PSA speakers as well. While not the level of JTR they are a lot cheaper and IMO provide a lot of bang for the buck.
Ok Thanks @imureh . I'll have a look at them too.
hughhugh is offline  
post #104 of 145 Old 07-02-2018, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
@Jeff Permanian

Strange, I have always had good luck calling them. He is on central time zone and a one man show.

I would call in the early to mid morning Central Standard Time. I think there is a big time zone difference from what I remember (you are not in the US correct?).
Thanks Raynist. I googled the area code which comes out as Illinois. So time zone wise should not be an issue. We're 12 hours difference.

Hope he's okay. But probably just too busy. I'll give it a couple more go.
hughhugh is offline  
post #105 of 145 Old 07-02-2018, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post
JTR's are probably without peer in a high performance passive speaker, but here's a few off the top of my head:

Seaton Sound The Catalysts are DSP controlled tri-amplified active speakers that hook straight up to your pre/pro. (Rack mounted amps are an option.)

Tyler Acoustics Pro Dynamics line using Eminence pro drivers. (Cardas; bi-wiring? A taste of snake oil here.)

Danley Sound Labs Synergy Horns.

Yorkville Sound Unity U215B (passive) or Unity U15PB (powered).
Thanks @GIEGAR . I've heard of Seaton (much more expensive?) and Danley but not the others. I'll have a look at these too.
hughhugh is offline  
post #106 of 145 Old 07-03-2018, 12:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 4,784
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2194 Post(s)
Liked: 2408
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhugh View Post
Thanks @GIEGAR . I've heard of Seaton (much more expensive?) and Danley but not the others. I'll have a look at these too.
Yorkville is a Canadian pro audio company. Interestingly the u215 is a unity horn design from Tom Danley.

Tom Danley, Mark Seatin and Jeff Permanian all used to work together and are good friends.
raynist is offline  
post #107 of 145 Old 07-03-2018, 04:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I will take JTR/PSA over SVS anyday if I live in US.

Unfortunately SVS is the only company that sells locally in Canada so I have no choice

KEF R900 (coming), Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT, 15s, LX16. Dual SVS SB13. Dual PSA 3611s (coming)
Marantz SR5009, Yamaha A-S2100, MX-A5000, OPPO HA-1, Burson HD-160
Headphone : HD800 / Fostex TH900 mk1 / TH610 / Beyerdynamic T5p.2 / HE6 / LCD 2.2 / Denon AH-D7100/AH-D600
canadian411 is offline  
post #108 of 145 Old 07-03-2018, 05:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GIEGAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,379
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1009 Post(s)
Liked: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Yorkville is a Canadian pro audio company. Interestingly the u215 is a unity horn design from Tom Danley.

Tom Danley, Mark Seatin and Jeff Permanian all used to work together and are good friends.
Yes, I believe at Sound Physics Labs/ServoDrive before they struck out on their own.

ServoDrive appears to have wound up years ago: https://web.archive.org/web/20050118...basstech7.html.


Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian411 View Post
I will take JTR/PSA over SVS anyday if I live in US.

Unfortunately SVS is the only company that sells locally in Canada so I have no choice
What about Yorkville Unitys? Surely if we can get 'em in Australia, you can get 'em in Canada?

GIEGAR is offline  
post #109 of 145 Old 07-03-2018, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Giegar, Raynist, all these brands seem to be much more expensive than the JTR though. I like the idea of the Danley, but they have a lot to choose from and I havent figured out which one is comparable to 212RT. Plus they dont post their price (normally a sign that they'd be way too expensive...)

So far it seems the diy option is the only feasible route.

Canadian411, yes I agree. From previous advises above I have removed svs from the list. I think I'd be happy with the JRT if only there is a way to order it.

Thanks guys
hughhugh is offline  
post #110 of 145 Old 07-03-2018, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,138
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3222 Post(s)
Liked: 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhugh View Post
Giegar, Raynist, all these brands seem to be much more expensive than the JTR though. I like the idea of the Danley, but they have a lot to choose from and I havent figured out which one is comparable to 212RT. Plus they dont post their price (normally a sign that they'd be way too expensive...)



So far it seems the diy option is the only feasible route.



Canadian411, yes I agree. From previous advises above I have removed svs from the list. I think I'd be happy with the JRT if only there is a way to order it.



Thanks guys


Did you look at PSA? raynist can confirm that they are excellent speakers. I have yet to come across anyone that has not been pleased with them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is online now  
post #111 of 145 Old 07-03-2018, 06:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ack_bk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 11,367
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1345 Post(s)
Liked: 1507
There seems to be a common theme with JTR not picking up the phone or answering emails. I see this in a lot of threads these days. Too bad, but this is the downside of some of the small ID companies.

I think DIY makes sense, you should be able to get fully assembled cross overs and you could always hire a carpenter to assemble the cabinets.

What is your budget? Are these speakers going to be out in the open or hidden behind a screen? There are some good options from JBL and QSC as well for home theater, but you probably want to hide them behind a screen.
ack_bk is offline  
post #112 of 145 Old 07-03-2018, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 7
@ack_bk I saw the jbl ones. They seem to be home theater appropriate but not for music.
I am not familiar with QSC yet.
Budget wise I'd be happy with 3xjrt212rt and 2xcap2400. So about $13,600

@imureh I was just looking at PSA and am thinking that the spec (they seem to have only 1 tower model) is not on par with the jtr212rt. So if I can I'd look for something around the same spec (which hopefully translate to the same performance, although I've never actually heard the 212rt myself. But I know I will always wonder about it if I go with a lower spec).

Thank you
hughhugh is offline  
post #113 of 145 Old 07-03-2018, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,138
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3222 Post(s)
Liked: 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhugh View Post
@ack_bk I saw the jbl ones. They seem to be home theater appropriate but not for music.

I am not familiar with QSC yet.

Budget wise I'd be happy with 3xjrt212rt and 2xcap2400. So about $13,600


@imureh I was just looking at PSA and am thinking that the spec (they seem to have only 1 tower model) is not on par with the jtr212rt. So if I can I'd look for something around the same spec (which hopefully translate to the same performance, although I've never actually heard the 212rt myself. But I know I will always wonder about it if I go with a lower spec).



Thank you


I think @raynist can explain what differences you can expect to hear as he has owned both JTR and PSA. Not sure if it was exactly the 212RT but could help you get a feel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is online now  
post #114 of 145 Old 07-03-2018, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 4,784
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2194 Post(s)
Liked: 2408
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhugh View Post
@ack_bk I saw the jbl ones. They seem to be home theater appropriate but not for music.
I am not familiar with QSC yet.
Budget wise I'd be happy with 3xjrt212rt and 2xcap2400. So about $13,600

@imureh I was just looking at PSA and am thinking that the spec (they seem to have only 1 tower model) is not on par with the jtr212rt. So if I can I'd look for something around the same spec (which hopefully translate to the same performance, although I've never actually heard the 212rt myself. But I know I will always wonder about it if I go with a lower spec).

Thank you
You should be hearing from Jeff soon.
raynist is offline  
post #115 of 145 Old 07-03-2018, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 4,784
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2194 Post(s)
Liked: 2408
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
I think @raynist can explain what differences you can expect to hear as he has owned both JTR and PSA. Not sure if it was exactly the 212RT but could help you get a feel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 212RT is a full range speaker so this is much different than the PSA 210T speaker which is good down to around 70ish. I actually use the PSA 210T in my bedroom full range by giving it a big boost around 50-60hz. It is good enough for a bedroom
raynist is offline  
post #116 of 145 Old 07-03-2018, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,138
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3222 Post(s)
Liked: 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
The 212RT is a full range speaker so this is much different than the PSA 210T speaker which is good down to around 70ish. I actually use the PSA 210T in my bedroom full range by giving it a big boost around 50-60hz. It is good enough for a bedroom


But if he is getting some good subs these should work for him right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is online now  
post #117 of 145 Old 07-03-2018, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 4,784
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2194 Post(s)
Liked: 2408
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
But if he is getting some good subs these should work for him right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It could, but I thought part of what he wanted was full range music?

There is a pretty big difference in the sound coming out of the high end CD in the JTR RT/HTR/RM line and the PSA line as there should be - the CD in the JTR costs more than the PSA110 speakers.

I have never had the thought of upgrading my JTR speakers with the 2 way CD
raynist is offline  
post #118 of 145 Old 07-03-2018, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Imureh, Raynist, yes I sometimes like to do 2.0 music. So a full range speaker is preferable.
hughhugh is offline  
post #119 of 145 Old 07-13-2018, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Since I did not receive a single response from JTR despite emailing and leaving voice messages on their answering machine over the course of more than a month, I am no longer pursuing this brand.

However, I'd like to Thank You to all the above that has helped in your replies. I believe I learned a lot from your feedback. The support that I see from this group was a big part of my interest in jtr.

For now, I am moving to the DIY section.

Thank you guys
Red Five likes this.
hughhugh is offline  
post #120 of 145 Old 07-13-2018, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
imureh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,138
Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3222 Post(s)
Liked: 4245
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhugh View Post
Since I did not receive a single response from JTR despite emailing and leaving voice messages on their answering machine over the course of more than a month, I am no longer pursuing this brand.



However, I'd like to Thank You to all the above that has helped in your replies. I believe I learned a lot from your feedback. The support that I see from this group was a big part of my interest in jtr.



For now, I am moving to the DIY section.



Thank you guys


Good luck. Lot of value in DIY if you are the handy type for sure. You will save a lot of money as an upside for sure. As busy as Jeff is, I think it’s probably worthwhile for him to consider some help at least responding to potential customers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser, 2 BK LFE
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
imureh is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off