KEF Q50a Dolby Atmos-Enabled Speakers Review - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #61 of 62 Old 08-14-2019, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1247 Post(s)
Liked: 713
KEF Q50a Dolby Atmos-Enabled Speakers Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
I have more reasons to trust my ears and KEF than an "expert" authority on an internet forum who I know nothing about.

I have the R50's and like how the low ceiling, the speakers, and Dirac Live have all combined to make for a much more dynamic home theater experience than I get at most of the commercial theaters near me.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you’re wishing away a clear technical impossibility, based on your experience with different speakers that do not advertise dual use capability. Cute, I guess.

Also, I consider commercial cinemas and for that matter “Home Theater experience” to be very low bars that I would expect any very rudimentary home setup to clear. I briefly tried Atmos but found it basically worthless on its own terms (little interesting-to-me content, which is still an issue) and sucked because DSU is such an awful replacement for DPL2 as a 2-channel music upmixer. At the time there was still a pre-pro with Atmos and DPL2 from Yamaha. However, their room correction is terrible, so it was yanked for an obsolete 1st gen base model Anthem AVR. However, I recently heard a setup with Auro upmixing 2ch music, and am newly intrigued. If the Q50 is not crippled with “Atmos Enabled” HF filtering it is a good fit for me to purchase as heights. Auro does not accept bouncers so that solution is out.

--
"In many cases there aren’t two sides unless one side is 'reality' and the other is 'nonsense.'" - Phil Plait
Serious Audio Blog 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 Old 08-14-2019, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1630
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post58348582

This user's speakers definitely changed in sound when he switched modes, supporting the idea that the AVR applies an upfiring speaker profile or transfer function.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
dolby atmos-enabled speakers , kef q50a , uni-q

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page