AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Speakers (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/)
-   -   Dali Zensor 1 or Spektor 2? (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/2987082-dali-zensor-1-spektor-2-a.html)

francismanapat 06-28-2018 08:20 PM

Dali Zensor 1 or Spektor 2?

I am torn between the Zensor 1 and the Spektor 2. which would be better? has anyone auditioned both? there is no option for me to audition. can you guys give input?
dealer said the spektor has better bass. although both have the same 5.25" woofer and im gonna use a subwoofer.
70% music and 30% movies
the sensitivity of the spektor is 84db while the zensor is 86db. is that a big difference?
AVR = Harman Kardon AVR635
Subwoofer = SVS PB1000
Dali Vokal Center and Mordaunt short bipole surrounds
Thanks in advance!

Jinge 06-29-2018 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francismanapat (Post 56414558)
I am torn between the Zensor 1 and the Spektor 2. which would be better? has anyone auditioned both? there is no option for me to audition. can you guys give input?
dealer said the spektor has better bass. although both have the same 5.25" woofer and im gonna use a subwoofer.
70% music and 30% movies
the sensitivity of the spektor is 84db while the zensor is 86db. is that a big difference?
AVR = Harman Kardon AVR635
Subwoofer = SVS PB1000
Dali Vokal Center and Mordaunt short bipole surrounds
Thanks in advance!

My parents own the Z1, I own the S2 in a second setup. I prefer the S2, but both are good speakers. I think the Z1 is a little bit brighter. If that is something you prefer is up to you. Havent heard them side by side and the rooms cannot be compared, sry.

francismanapat 06-29-2018 02:51 PM

thank you for your input jinge.

Spectah 06-29-2018 06:23 PM

I have the Zensor 1s and love them, but they’re not doing main duty for me. I have not heard the brightness...wonder if EQ and aqoustics play a role. I’ve heard the commentary on the Spektor bass and was originally thinking it would be because they were muddy sounding.

@Jinge , how is the clarity of the Spektor? Wondering how the tweeters compare.

gajCA 05-20-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francismanapat (Post 56418620)
thank you for your input jinge.

Did you get them?

If so how do they sound to you?

Thinking they might be perfect for some friends of mine.

SAR 13 06-20-2019 10:33 AM

Just replaced Dali Zensor 1 for Spektor 2. Very early, but the Spektor 2 seems a fraction more "muscular"? Plus I'm hearing more of some "phrasing" I haven't noticed before. Loved the Zensor from the start so gonna love the Spektor anyway. (Same room, same warm up material.) I'm looking forward to hearing more. Plus can't fault Denon D40.

Kindest,

searchandrescue