Refreshed Klipsch Reference Premiere Speakers Debut - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
  • 2 Post By imagic
  • 1 Post By Khaile
  • 1 Post By imagic
  • 5 Post By drh3b
  • 2 Post By bluewizard
  • 4 Post By Shoshin Samurai

post #1 of 28 Old 08-29-2018, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9166 Post(s)
Liked: 16162
Refreshed Klipsch Reference Premiere Speakers Debut

The Reference Premiere line of speakers by Klipsch has earned much praise. Now, the second generation of the series has arrived.

Click the following link to read more: https://www.avsforum.com/klipsch-ref...efresh-debuts/
tezster and Daniel Chaves like this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 08-29-2018, 06:14 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Again, klipsch and their naming conventions love to confuse people. There just isn’t consistent nomenclature for consumers to date new or old products.
MackGuyver likes this.

7.2.4 Setup
TV: LG B7a OLED AVR: Denon AVRX-4400H LR: Klipsch RP-280f C: Klipsch RP-450c SR: Klipsch RP-160m SB: Klipsch RP-150m Atmos Speakers: (4) In Ceiling Sonance Mag6r Subs: Dual SVS PB1000s
post #3 of 28 Old 08-29-2018, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
The Reference Premiere line of speakers by Klipsch has earned much praise. Now, the second generation of the series has arrived.

Click the following link to read more: https://www.avsforum.com/klipsch-ref...efresh-debuts/
I noticed these were listed on their website yesterday with a "coming soon" note. The RP-8000F are intriguing to me. I have never owned a pair of Klipsch but the wife really loves the copper and black scheme. The local BB doesn't have them located in the Magnolia section but out on the floor on an aisle next to the Polk signature series and between some JBL bluetooth speaker so it's tough to get a good measure on how they sound. I'm not a measurement guy, so I might start looking at the reviews of the previous generation. Based on the noted change of the vented tweeter any idea how that would change the sound from the previous version?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 08-29-2018, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Do they have compression drivers or domes? Or something else?? Their literature on their tweeters always confuses me.

Marantz SR7010 - Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 3 - SeymourAV 16:9 Premier 130" XD - JVC DLA-RS540 - 7.2.4 - L/C/R DIY Fusion 15 Sentinel - Surrounds RSL CG3 - Ceiling Polk RC80i - Dual UM-18s in sealed 4 cu ft with bridged Crown XLS 2002s
post #5 of 28 Old 08-29-2018, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimo View Post
Do they have compression drivers or domes? Or something else?? Their literature on their tweeters always confuses me.
Compression drivers and domes are not mutually exclusive concepts. Because Klipsch's tweeters are mounted in horns and possess an aperture plus a phase plug, they are in fact compression drivers.
BattleAxeVR likes this.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #6 of 28 Old 08-29-2018, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2034 Post(s)
Liked: 4062
I see they brought back the dual 6 1/2 inch center speaker. I'm sure it was my bitching on the Klipsch thread on the lack of one for the RP series (no RP-260c, the bastards) that brought it back.
I mean what other reason could it be?

My World Beating System!
Spoiler!

Last edited by drh3b; 08-29-2018 at 02:50 PM.
post #7 of 28 Old 08-29-2018, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 39
That little copper trim ring is nice. Hopefully the advertised pricing on the old line goes down so I can do a credit card price match on the RP-450C I just bought.
post #8 of 28 Old 08-29-2018, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2727 Post(s)
Liked: 2541
Quote:
Originally Posted by phat0m View Post
That little copper trim ring is nice. Hopefully the advertised pricing on the old line goes down so I can do a credit card price match on the RP-450C I just bought.
The regular old RP line has been on sale for a while now.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
post #9 of 28 Old 08-29-2018, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 35
The author's spellchecker might need some tweaking to get it to stop correcting "Tractrix" to "track takes".

TCL R615 | Sony UBP-X700 | Integra DTR-7.8 | Front = Klipsch KLF-20 | Center & Surrounds = Klipsch KG 5.5 | Subwoofers = 2x sealed Velodyne ULD-15 and 6x ported subs with miniDSP 2x4
Large JBL cinema horns under construction and testing.
"The more to the right it is turned, the greater the volume."
post #10 of 28 Old 08-31-2018, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for reviews of these. I’m starting to think about upgrading my old wharfedales, and an rf-5000f/500c combo, or similar could be an option.

My Lounge System
TV: Samsung 82” NU8000|Sources: AppleTV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB420|Receiver: Marantz SR6012 5.1.4
Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 8.3 fronts, Wharfedale Diamond 8 centre, AudioPro C5 rears,
4x Polk V60 in-ceiling, Polk HTS12 Sub
post #11 of 28 Old 09-01-2018, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue 72 View Post
The author's spellchecker might need some tweaking to get it to stop correcting "Tractrix" to "track takes".
Oh man... I use speech recognition is why that happens. Thx.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
post #12 of 28 Old 09-01-2018, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 2321 Post(s)
Liked: 1533
It seems the RP-6000F with 2x6.5" drivers are going to be $500 each -

https://www.klipsch.com/products/rp-...anding-speaker

The RP-8000F with 2x8" each are going to be $600 each -

https://www.klipsch.com/products/rp-...anding-speaker

For $1200/pr the RP-8000F seem pretty appealing ...assuming they haven't "F...." it up.

I think the key to the success and sound quality of this line is the molded rubber horn -

HORN ANATOMY -

Klipsch Reference Premiere series speakers feature a compressed molded silicon face thats matted to the 90x90 Tractrix horn to reduces horn resonance for a smoother frequency response. Klipsch computer modeled phase plugs acts as a mechanical filter to further ensure a smooth, flat frequency response while protecting the tweeter from damage.

Those seem pretty desirable speaker at a very reasonable price.

Steve/bluewizard
stitch1 and Blais223 like this.
post #13 of 28 Old 09-02-2018, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 322
I agree with you. I am hoping to hear these pretty soon. They have the looks, price, and hopefully performance.
post #14 of 28 Old 09-07-2018, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I had a demo of the rp-4000f today. First impression are:
  1. They are tiny! They look like toys, not real speakers.
  2. They sound really good. I still find myself doubting what I heard because they sounded like much bigger speakers.

Now, take what I say with a grain of salt, because I am no audiophile and have limited experience comparing speakers, but I was really impressed with the sound quality. There was no sabwoofer connected, and a surprising amount of bass for such small speakers.

I also had a brief listen to the rp-6000f, they sounded really nice to me, but I am quite space constrained, so I didn’t spend much time with them. Unfortunately they didn’t have any rp-5000f which are the ones I was most interested in, but the sound of the 4000s has me questioning if I need the bigger speakers.....they just looked so.....dinky.

My Lounge System
TV: Samsung 82” NU8000|Sources: AppleTV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB420|Receiver: Marantz SR6012 5.1.4
Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 8.3 fronts, Wharfedale Diamond 8 centre, AudioPro C5 rears,
4x Polk V60 in-ceiling, Polk HTS12 Sub
post #15 of 28 Old 09-07-2018, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9090 Post(s)
Liked: 6235
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotttnz View Post
I had a demo of the rp-4000f today. First impression are:
  1. They are tiny! They look like toys, not real speakers.
  2. They sound really good. I still find myself doubting what I heard because they sounded like much bigger speakers.

Now, take what I say with a grain of salt, because I am no audiophile and have limited experience comparing speakers, but I was really impressed with the sound quality. There was no sabwoofer connected, and a surprising amount of bass for such small speakers.

I also had a brief listen to the rp-6000f, they sounded really nice to me, but I am quite space constrained, so I didn’t spend much time with them. Unfortunately they didn’t have any rp-5000f which are the ones I was most interested in, but the sound of the 4000s has me questioning if I need the bigger speakers.....they just looked so.....dinky.
Thanks for the initial impressions; the new RP line does look promising.

RP5000F is 2" taller, only 3/4" wider and about 2 1/2 deeper so visually from head on shouldn't look that much larger.

Geoff A. J., California
post #16 of 28 Old 11-17-2018, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Talking A non-audiophile auditioning the RP-8000F

I live in India. We've had a few Bose systems now and then, and we went to audition the new RP-8000Fs. No.., we went to listen to the 6000s. My wife and kid went along. We've never listened to Klipsch before. Last week, we had auditioned the Focals (from France) and a couple of other brands.

So we walked inside and asked to listen to the 6000s and 8000s. We didn't care much about the HT setup, as we mostly listen to music -- either jazz or classical. But, we would love to have a subwoofer is what we thought. The guy said that he had the 6000s, but had only the 280f for the demo. In any case, I understood the difference between the 280f and the 8000f was, for the most part, aesthetic (the copper ring and such)-- correct me if I am wrong.

The guy doesn't ask the prelim questions -- 'what's the room size' or 'what do you like to listen to'. I leave him to set it up, and walk around, noticing with some satisfaction that he carried the heritage line as well, I could see the Heresys hooked up in another set up. When I returned, he was ready, and said he was playing the 6000s first. I asked him what was driving the speakers. He pointed to a Marantz stereo processor and, he had this two-channel power amp from a brand called 'Roksan' -- which he said, was from UK, and I am sure I've never heard the name -- which led me to become skeptic about what I was going to hear.

The music starts to play and my god, the look on my wife's face on hearing the first passage of the song said it all. Our mind was blown. My 9 year old daughter fell silent, looked up from the her playing on an iPhone, and had a look of glee on her face. All it took was that fraction of a second. The second when the kind of transparency of the sound stage hit us. There was no indication that the speaker was about to play. It just played. The purity of the sound had won us over. During my research, I came across posts which said, Klipsch was too bright, too jarring, tiresome, fatiguing and the like. I really don't see how. It was like as if we were right in the middle of a performing stage, a concert, if you will. Then he played the 8000s. More width in the stage. More sound. All music. No noise, nothing unclear. My wife silently mouths the word 'amazing'. No point in letting the guy know we loved it, he might not give us a good price. We were beyond caring about the budget at that point, sort of on a high.

Then we asked to plug in the SPL-120 sub to the 8000s. The guy had to move the units into a HT demo room to plug it into a multi-channel AVR -- an old Marantz SR2009 with a Marantz power amp for the front two. I bluetoothed my phone with the AVR, and played the jazz tunes we used to audition the speakers. We were pretty sure the subs might not be needed for the 8000s. So, first, the 8000s without the sub. Then the 15" sub. Wow. But I was sure the price of the sub would be a big bite off the pocket, so we asked him to plug in the SPL-120, the 12". Not much of a difference to the LFE. Now, without any sub. Sucks, the sub with the front port was rounding off the sounds so well, like chaser after shots -- satisfying, making you ready for the next shot and down goes the rabbit hole, or up -- depending on what the music was trying to do. Beautiful.

So, we came back all appreciative of what we had heard, the impact lasting all the drive back -- about 3 hours -- and we decided we were getting the 8000s, with the SPL-120 (no point in the 15", if more base was needed, at a later point in time, we could add another 12") along with a Marantz 6013. All this costs about $4775 in Indian rupee (our purchasing power parity sucks), and some more for the cables. We thought it was damn expensive, but just today morning, we had heard this: (paraphrased) 'we can buy a product, but the experience of enjoying it cannot be bought, it is intangible and thus, priceless'.
drh3b, gajCA, altpensacola and 1 others like this.
post #17 of 28 Old 11-17-2018, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshin Samurai View Post
I live in India. We've had a few Bose systems now and then, and we went to audition the new RP-8000Fs. No.., we went to listen to the 6000s. My wife and kid went along. We've never listened to Klipsch before. Last week, we had auditioned the Focals (from France) and a couple of other brands.

So we walked inside and asked to listen to the 6000s and 8000s. We didn't care much about the HT setup, as we mostly listen to music -- either jazz or classical. But, we would love to have a subwoofer is what we thought. The guy said that he had the 6000s, but had only the 280f for the demo. In any case, I understood the difference between the 280f and the 8000f was, for the most part, aesthetic (the copper ring and such)-- correct me if I am wrong.

The guy doesn't ask the prelim questions -- 'what's the room size' or 'what do you like to listen to'. I leave him to set it up, and walk around, noticing with some satisfaction that he carried the heritage line as well, I could see the Heresys hooked up in another set up. When I returned, he was ready, and said he was playing the 6000s first. I asked him what was driving the speakers. He pointed to a Marantz stereo processor and, he had this two-channel power amp from a brand called 'Roksan' -- which he said, was from UK, and I am sure I've never heard the name -- which led me to become skeptic about what I was going to hear.

The music starts to play and my god, the look on my wife's face on hearing the first passage of the song said it all. Our mind was blown. My 9 year old daughter fell silent, looked up from the her playing on an iPhone, and had a look of glee on her face. All it took was that fraction of a second. The second when the kind of transparency of the sound stage hit us. There was no indication that the speaker was about to play. It just played. The purity of the sound had won us over. During my research, I came across posts which said, Klipsch was too bright, too jarring, tiresome, fatiguing and the like. I really don't see how. It was like as if we were right in the middle of a performing stage, a concert, if you will. Then he played the 8000s. More width in the stage. More sound. All music. No noise, nothing unclear. My wife silently mouths the word 'amazing'. No point in letting the guy know we loved it, he might not give us a good price. We were beyond caring about the budget at that point, sort of on a high.

Then we asked to plug in the SPL-120 sub to the 8000s. The guy had to move the units into a HT demo room to plug it into a multi-channel AVR -- an old Marantz SR2009 with a Marantz power amp for the front two. I bluetoothed my phone with the AVR, and played the jazz tunes we used to audition the speakers. We were pretty sure the subs might not be needed for the 8000s. So, first, the 8000s without the sub. Then the 15" sub. Wow. But I was sure the price of the sub would be a big bite off the pocket, so we asked him to plug in the SPL-120, the 12". Not much of a difference to the LFE. Now, without any sub. Sucks, the sub with the front port was rounding off the sounds so well, like chaser after shots -- satisfying, making you ready for the next shot and down goes the rabbit hole, or up -- depending on what the music was trying to do. Beautiful.

So, we came back all appreciative of what we had heard, the impact lasting all the drive back -- about 3 hours -- and we decided we were getting the 8000s, with the SPL-120 (no point in the 15", if more base was needed, at a later point in time, we could add another 12") along with a Marantz 6013. All this costs about $4775 in Indian rupee (our purchasing power parity sucks), and some more for the cables. We thought it was damn expensive, but just today morning, we had heard this: (paraphrased) 'we can buy a product, but the experience of enjoying it cannot be bought, it is intangible and thus, priceless'.
Shoshin, looks like we both had the same idea. Just posted this today.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...gm-se6000.html
We both came away with the exact same feeling. Sound stage on the 6000's won me over against some pretty stiff competition from Paradigm. I havnt opened my wallet yet, but this pretty much sealed the deal.
post #18 of 28 Old 11-18-2018, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9090 Post(s)
Liked: 6235
Quote:

Congratulations on finding something that blew you away!

Geoff A. J., California
post #19 of 28 Old 11-19-2018, 03:02 AM

Smile Thanks, they are getting delivered day after tomorrow. In Ebony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvlg1 View Post
Shoshin, looks like we both had the same idea. Just posted this today.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...gm-se6000.html
We both came away with the exact same feeling. Sound stage on the 6000's won me over against some pretty stiff competition from Paradigm. I havnt opened my wallet yet, but this pretty much sealed the deal.
You are lucky that you get to sample many more brands. In India, they are hard to come by. Paradigm doesn't have a presence here, as don't many others, like Parasound or Cambridge Audio.
Coincidentally, I too have a part hearing loss, in one ear, but my other ear seems to have become keener. The sound direction is a bit of an issue, but I can still perceive the instrument placement in the soundstage -- I drive a pick-up -- as long as the instrument is not bass heavy (in any case, base is perceived omni).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
Congratulations on finding something that blew you away!
Thank you!

Last edited by Shoshin Samurai; 11-19-2018 at 03:07 AM.
post #20 of 28 Old 11-19-2018, 04:37 AM

Quote:
You are lucky that you get to sample many more brands. In India, they are hard to come by. Paradigm doesn't have a presence here, as don't many others, like Parasound or Cambridge Audio.
Coincidentally, I too have a part hearing loss, in one ear, but my other ear seems to have become keener. The sound direction is a bit of an issue, but I can still perceive the instrument placement in the soundstage -- I drive a pick-up -- as long as the instrument is not bass heavy (in any case, base is perceived omni).

Thank you!

Bummer that you dont have an specialty Audio store around. Typically you wont find brands like Paradigm to listen to unless you can find one. One thing I have noticed in most of my experiences so far is the Klipsch definitively has its own signature sound. It wasnt until last years model that they finally got the tractrix horns right in order produce the needed warmth to allow for all day listening.
I always evaluate from the the 2 channel experience down. If I can check most my box's with 2 channel, then HT sound should be right there for me. Way to go on the 8000's! My wife would have killed me if I brought those monsters home. I was lucky she eventually agreed to the size and price of the 6000.
post #21 of 28 Old 11-19-2018, 04:16 PM

Smile The 8000s, WAF and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvlg1 View Post
I always evaluate from the the 2 channel experience down. If I can check most my box's with 2 channel, then HT sound should be right there for me. Way to go on the 8000's! My wife would have killed me if I brought those monsters home. I was lucky she eventually agreed to the size and price of the 6000.
Oh, depending on the room size, the perceived difference between the 6000s and the 8000s is small. The space where we auditioned them both must be like a 16' x 16'. The 6000s did a good job of filling it up, but surely, there was a difference with the 8000s.
I was hoping the 6000s are enough for the room we were planning on setting this up. My wife is a classical vocalist, and she insisted that we take the 8000s instead after listening to the 280s. But, everyone deals with their own personal set of ups and downs; in my case, the tough part is knowing she expects the high bar to be normal performance level, haha... but, I am thankful I didn't have to ever bother about the WAF.
I guess that is the logical way to demo them: two speakers first. Especially when I enjoy the sound of one hi-hat note or the staccato bow on the c-string of the cello at the right time. HT being good has not been so much of a draw for me, but I guess that will change with the IMAX enhanced coming in, in 2019. Here's the thing about HT- I believe the placement of the front right and left matters to a greater extent than in the case of stereo listening, not only depending on the size of the speakers, but also that it has to correlate to the size of the display used. meaning, having a large speaker pair set up fair away from a smallish display doesn't work. HT has to be tightly controlled that way, at least, I feel that. But in the case of music, the distance between the pairs is reasonably flexible. In fact, within logical limits, the wider the space, the channel separation becomes better and the sound stage, wider, of course, the 8000s' 8 inch drivers help there. I like that spacious feel, and good reverbs excite me- that is to say, the acoustics for the listening room is slightly different than a typical HT set up. So, we are going to set it up in, what we are calling, the 'hobby room', where we plan to do the things we do, all while listening to music. I am a violinist, but I don't always need a studio monitor kind of tightness when listening casually, and I look for the dynamics and tonality and enjoy the nuances. By profession, I am an architect, and my creativity quotient is much higher when music plays in the background while I work. So these 8000s are going to occupy a large part of our creative endeavours.
Have you decided on yours? Paradigm or Klipsch?
post #22 of 28 Old 11-19-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Oh, depending on the room size, the perceived difference between the 6000s and the 8000s is small. The space where we auditioned them both must be like a 16' x 16'. The 6000s did a good job of filling it up, but surely, there was a difference with the 8000s.
I was hoping the 6000s are enough for the room we were planning on setting this up. My wife is a classical vocalist, and she insisted that we take the 8000s instead after listening to the 280s. But, everyone deals with their own personal set of ups and downs; in my case, the tough part is knowing she expects the high bar to be normal performance level, haha... but, I am thankful I didn't have to ever bother about the WAF.
I guess that is the logical way to demo them: two speakers first. Especially when I enjoy the sound of one hi-hat note or the staccato bow on the c-string of the cello at the right time. HT being good has not been so much of a draw for me, but I guess that will change with the IMAX enhanced coming in, in 2019. Here's the thing about HT- I believe the placement of the front right and left matters to a greater extent than in the case of stereo listening, not only depending on the size of the speakers, but also that it has to correlate to the size of the display used. meaning, having a large speaker pair set up fair away from a smallish display doesn't work. HT has to be tightly controlled that way, at least, I feel that. But in the case of music, the distance between the pairs is reasonably flexible. In fact, within logical limits, the wider the space, the channel separation becomes better and the sound stage, wider, of course, the 8000s' 8 inch drivers help there. I like that spacious feel, and good reverbs excite me- that is to say, the acoustics for the listening room is slightly different than a typical HT set up. So, we are going to set it up in, what we are calling, the 'hobby room', where we plan to do the things we do, all while listening to music. I am a violinist, but I don't always need a studio monitor kind of tightness when listening casually, and I look for the dynamics and tonality and enjoy the nuances. By profession, I am an architect, and my creativity quotient is much higher when music plays in the background while I work. So these 8000s are going to occupy a large part of our creative endeavours.
Have you decided on yours? Paradigm or Klipsch?

Being a fellow string player of a different variety I also appreciate music when its offered in a way that brings you closer to the person actually playing the music, as if you were close by. Some may call that vintage some may call that old school but its what I like I guess. I am sticking with the 6000's because I really dont have a room big enough the 8000's. Currently I am weighing several options.My local specialty shop offers a 1 year free upgrade on any Klipsch I buy. If I move into a bigger house within a year and I decide to move up, they will give me full credit to any upgraded speaker. This deal does not offer the instant rebate a lot of online outlets are offering. I believe he offered 10%. Off. I could probably haggle that or I can buy online and get the bigger discount.
Some of the feedback I am reading about Klipsch's RP line saying they are too bright are really overstated. I was lucky enough to audition in an environment almost identical to mine. If anything, I could maybe have asked for more brightness, but I understand the sonic characteristics of speaker cabinets to a degree. While listening to the SE6000's I asked are these speakers even ported. When you compare the klipsch side by side it makes the SE's a bit shallow. We were using a high end Marantz amp so it left me thinking what the SE's would have sounded like without a high end amp.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy these speakers. For the price you are getting quite a bit. Yes you could spend 2K -3K but like you said, its a personal and creative thing and you dont need thousands of dollars of speakers for that.
post #23 of 28 Old 11-20-2018, 09:09 AM

Just pulled the trigger on 2 of the RP-8000's off Amazon and they will be here tomorrow. We recently moved into a much larger house, and the first thing I did was upgrade to a HSU 15" sub, A Marantz 6012, and added Monitor Audio 2 CT280's in the kitchen, and 2 KEF Ventura 6's on the Patio. Once the sub came in the sheer size of the speaker dominated my Kef Q300's (pic attached- but sideways for some reason?); my wife said we "HAVE" to get tower speakers. As much as I wanted to get the new Q950's she has other plans for the disposable income, so the Klipsch RP line was on sale and fit the budget. It's got high WAF to match with the giant HSU sub. Right now it the Klipsch is mated with a B&W HTM62, but eventually that will go in to the bedroom and be replaced with the matching Klipsch center. Now our bedroom will have the Kef Q300's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Subwoofer.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	731.3 KB
ID:	2485250  
post #24 of 28 Old 11-20-2018, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have the RP500C and the RP600M bookshelf speakers. They are definitely not bright like Klipsch has a reputation for. These are clear, detailed and relatively neutral speakers.

The finish is the black wood grain, but there are anomalies in the ones I have. Some parts have small silvery splotches, and some even have purplish. Overall they do look nice on some short black stands.

I am happy with them. The wife said we should have gotten towers, although the stands looked better than she thought they would. She seems to be happy with them. I know though if those monster towers were put in our living room, her response would be the opposite.

Last edited by ozshadow; 11-20-2018 at 10:12 AM.
post #25 of 28 Old 11-20-2018, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Refreshed Klipsch Reference Premiere Speakers Debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blais223 View Post
Just pulled the trigger on 2 of the RP-8000's off Amazon and they will be here tomorrow. We recently moved into a much larger house, and the first thing I did was upgrade to a HSU 15" sub, A Marantz 6012, and added Monitor Audio 2 CT280's in the kitchen, and 2 KEF Ventura 6's on the Patio. Once the sub came in the sheer size of the speaker dominated my Kef Q300's (pic attached- but sideways for some reason?); my wife said we "HAVE" to get tower speakers. As much as I wanted to get the new Q950's she has other plans for the disposable income, so the Klipsch RP line was on sale and fit the budget. It's got high WAF to match with the giant HSU sub. Right now it the Klipsch is mated with a B&W HTM62, but eventually that will go in to the bedroom and be replaced with the matching Klipsch center. Now our bedroom will have the Kef Q300's.

I’m in a similar situation. We moved to a much larger space and my single 12” sub couldn’t keep up so I have dual 18” subs now and still have the same RP160M bookshelves. They still do well but have to wonder if the RP8000Fs would be better and if so by how much. I will be very curious as to how you like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #26 of 28 Old 11-20-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.hayes0338 View Post
I’m in a similar situation. We moved to a much larger space and my single 12” sub couldn’t keep up so I have dual 18” subs now and still have the same RP160M bookshelves. They still do well but have to wonder if the RP8000Fs would be better and if so by how much. I will be very curious as to how you like them.

Once I get them set up and broken in I'll provide some pictures and my impressions of them. I have some pretty high expectations after hitting a home run with the HSU VTF 3 MK5. Hopefully these don't disappoint. At least I have prime shipping on Amazon to return them, if they do.
post #27 of 28 Old 01-04-2019, 08:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Liked: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blais223 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.hayes0338 View Post

Once I get them set up and broken in I'll provide some pictures and my impressions of them. I have some pretty high expectations after hitting a home run with the HSU VTF 3 MK5. Hopefully these don't disappoint. At least I have prime shipping on Amazon to return them, if they do.
Did you finally set them up? Thoughts?
post #28 of 28 Old 01-23-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
Did you finally set them up? Thoughts?
I did and sadly I am not impressed with them. They aren't too bright, like everyone told me, but they just don't wow me like some of my other speaker choices. I've attached a picture, and for some reason it's always sideways when I upload it here. I'll move them into the bedroom once I save up some extra cash to replace them. Right now my replacement leaders are KEF Q950's and the Monitor Audio Silver 500's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	livingroom.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	890.0 KB
ID:	2514998  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch , reference premiere , speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version