Definitive CLR 3000 setup help needed. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By keeper
  • 1 Post By WOKNROX
  • 1 Post By ALtlOff

post #1 of 7 Old 09-18-2018, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Definitive CLR 3000 setup help needed.

Hi there anyone on this forum. I need help to understand how to setup my center channel correctly. Center I'd CLR 3000 and is a powered speaker. Imy fronts are the BP-10's my preamp is the Emotiva XMC1 and my amp is a 7 channel Emotiva. Please can someone give me clear instructions on how to connect this speaker.
I really appreciate any help you can give.
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-18-2018, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by replyme View Post
Hi there anyone on this forum. I need help to understand how to setup my center channel correctly. Center I'd CLR 3000 and is a powered speaker. Imy fronts are the BP-10's my preamp is the Emotiva XMC1 and my amp is a 7 channel Emotiva. Please can someone give me clear instructions on how to connect this speaker.
Thank you.
I have mine set up with speaker wire only and set to large in my receiver. I might try a crossover of 40. Do not connect lfe line to this speaker.
WOKNROX likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-18-2018, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeper View Post
I have mine set up with speaker wire only and set to large in my receiver. I might try a crossover of 40. Do not connect lfe line to this speaker.

According to customer support on the Def Tech website (in the q & a for the CS9080), the LFE input "is there for a limited use case scenario in which the subwoofer built into the CS9080 is the only powered subwoofer for a theater." The OP didn't mention having a separate subwoofer in his system, and BP 10's don't have a powered sub, so in this unique situation it may make sense to hook the LFE output of the receiver into the LFE input on the center - but I would check with Def Tech just to make sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-18-2018, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 2684 Post(s)
Liked: 2472
Quote:
Originally Posted by replyme View Post
Thank you.
Connect it with just speaker wire, crossover should be at least 80hz. That speaker, despite what DefTech specs say, doesn't have much output under 60hz so I wouldn't even cross it that low since it's already rolling off a lot by then.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
post #5 of 7 Old 09-18-2018, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 221
I second what @keeper suggested.
Run it "Full-range" if you are so inclined I wouldn't and don't myself cross it over any higher than 50hz.
This speaker as a ton of bottom end.
keeper likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-18-2018, 05:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Ditto, ditto, ditto...
Speaker wire only and adjust your crossover to what sounds best in your room with your placement.

No matter which, sub or no sub in your system, do not connect LFE to that speaker, it's only called a powered sub for marketing, it's more of a powered woofer to help full in some low end for that channel.
keeper likes this.

*Warning* None of my suggestions, ideas or even thoughts have any WAF, in any way!
My Build Thread:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...formation.html
post #7 of 7 Old 09-19-2018, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 195
In addition to the other comments... also adjust the gain to taste. Start at the 10 O'Clock position ( looking at the knob from the back ) and adjust up or down until it sounds good to you. Any James Earl Jones dialog in Star Wars 5 & 6 is a good source to adjust the sub to.

The sub in the CLR 3000 can be used as a LFE sub as a last resort. 150w isn't that much power and the 10" driver is small. To do this, connect the speaker wire normally to one of the top two sets of binding posts and remove the shunt connecting the LOW to MID binding posts. Connect the receiver's LFE out to the LFE in on the 3000 and set the center channel to SMALL in the receiver. If you don't have a dedicated sub, an Emotiva S12 or SVS SB2000 would be a much better choice to pair with the DefTech BP-10.

Denon AVR X7200WA, Emotiva XPR-5, Emotiva XPA-7, Sony XBR 85" X900F, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra.
DefTech BP7000SC (L/R), CLR3000 (C), SM55 (FH), UIW BPZ/A (SB), UIW 75 (TM).
JBL L7 (Sur), EoSone RSR 350 (RH).
PC 2.1 setup. Emotiva Stealth 6, SVS SB16-Ultra sub, Emotiva DC-1 DAC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page