6 Channel Thoughts and Recommendations, ~$2000 budget. - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 09-23-2018, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6861 Post(s)
Liked: 5133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orta View Post
You might be right, I don't play them loud, I just want the highest quality sound in budget at normal and comfortable levels. I would say my average SPL in use is 65-75db.
Praise da Lawd! So nice to come across someone who has a REALISTIC idea of just how much loudness they really need, for a change. From reading this forum sometimes you could come away thinking that everyone is out to shake the paint off their walls, LOL

A pair of Emotiva T1s + 2 pairs of B1 bookshelves for surrounds would run you just $1300 shipped, as long as you're ok with their aesthetics.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 09-24-2018, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8440 Post(s)
Liked: 5626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orta View Post
Yes, phantom center. Placement of full size centers is problematic and though I use both configurations, I am bothered by the dialog seeming to originate from overhead or below the display. With most towers and the right height TV stand, you can have your eyes, ears, and the tweeters very near the mid point of the screen and the phantom image is very convincing at producing dialog from the display.

You might be right, I don't play them loud, I just want the highest quality sound in budget at normal and comfortable levels. I would say my average SPL in use is 65-75db.
Thanks for clarifying.

Maybe the Elac Debut 2.0s are worth a look with free returns; easy to drive, free returns at Best Buy.

Polk Signatures as well.

Geoff A. J., California
post #33 of 33 Old 09-24-2018, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
Thanks for clarifying.

Maybe the Elac Debut 2.0s are worth a look with free returns; easy to drive, free returns at Best Buy.

Polk Signatures as well.

Yes the Elac sale pricing is very attractive which is why I was considering them. I have already caught the Uni-fi Towers for $329/ea and the Books for $350/pr. I expect the Debut 2.0's to go pretty low as Holiday sales start approaching, probably $150/200pr the Books and $150/200ea on the towers (5" and 6" respectively). Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the 6.2's hit $150.

Last edited by Orta; 09-24-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page