Best Bookshelf $1000 - $3000 - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 82Likes

post #31 of 73 Old 11-02-2018, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklightning View Post
Well I think that need to change and the list should reflect the speakers WE talk about.
I used to tend toward internet direct speakers myself and I know a lot of people here think that you can't do better with the bigger names but the past year or so has kind of changed my mind and at every price level. First, I had Chane ARX A1's and tried out Wharfedale Diamond 220, they actually sounded very similar but I gave the slight edge to the Wharfedale plus they were finished a lot nicer, all for the same price. I've also had Polk LSIM 703, Kef Q150, LS50,Revel M16, BMR along with Mini Phils in my room in the past year and have concluded that neither model is clearly superior. I would say to anyone looking for new speakers to try as many speakers as you can, preferably in your home and decide what's best for you. As much as I love this forum, when you ask these kinds of questions, the answers are very biased.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 73 Old 11-02-2018, 12:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM3 View Post
Oh I am tempted but right now I am still spoiled by my fairly new Fef Q100's I got on closeout a while back. Got real lucky and got them for $250 per pair.
Those Fef Q100's might be a knockoff of the Kef's and why you got em cheap. Just couldn't help myself
Zorba922 and Lp85253 like this.
post #33 of 73 Old 11-02-2018, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons915 View Post
I used to tend toward internet direct speakers myself and I know a lot of people here think that you can't do better with the bigger names but the past year or so has kind of changed my mind and at every price level. First, I had Chane ARX A1's and tried out Wharfedale Diamond 220, they actually sounded very similar but I gave the slight edge to the Wharfedale plus they were finished a lot nicer, all for the same price. I've also had Polk LSIM 703, Kef Q150, LS50,Revel M16, BMR along with Mini Phils in my room in the past year and have concluded that neither model is clearly superior. I would say to anyone looking for new speakers to try as many speakers as you can, preferably in your home and decide what's best for you. As much as I love this forum, when you ask these kinds of questions, the answers are very biased.
While any recommendation will have an inherent bias, getting a full picture of what high quality speakers are available at every price point is good information to have. A useful piece of information that we get from both professional and user reviews/recommendations are speakers that never get mentioned. If pressure from the ID companies is forcing the big name companies to up their game then everyone wins, even if our wallets don't.
Zorba922 likes this.

Last edited by Rgarc; 11-02-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 73 Old 11-02-2018, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8772 Post(s)
Liked: 5961
Quote:
All the speakers you mentioned are often recommended on AVS, not just the ID companies.

There are a few "one trick ponies" on AVS but really not that many of them as there are so many great choices out there in the "budget" area where most questions from newbies arise.

Geoff A. J., California
post #35 of 73 Old 11-02-2018, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM3 View Post
Oh I am tempted but right now I am still spoiled by my fairly new Fef Q100's I got on closeout a while back. Got real lucky and got them for $250 per pair.
Yep, solid choice. And if you really want to rock out, just add two subwoofers.
Lp85253 likes this.
post #36 of 73 Old 11-02-2018, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 82
At a later time, swap the Q100 for the Magnepan 1.7i ($2200/pair).
post #37 of 73 Old 11-02-2018, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Just so we are all clear, the original list in the OP's link was for speakers sold through Amazon. It says at the bottom of the article:

"We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works here."

https://www.avsforum.com/affiliate-faq/

They are listing products that are sold through Amazon to earn a commission. Since we all use this site for "free," I don't think we should begrudge the site owners earning a living and paying the bills necessary to keep offering a site that is "free" for all of us to use.

This place has a tremendous amount of invaluable information and a few ads disguised as articles is a small price to pay for the community, IMO.

Also, almost none of our favorite ID brands sell through Amazon, so naturally they wouldn't be listed. But they DO use this forum for "free" advertising and good word-of-mouth. Entire small businesses (that we all know and love) are run this way. It's a worthy trade-off as far as I'm concerned for all parties involved.

It's win-win for everybody.
CruelInventions, Lp85253 and Rgarc like this.
post #38 of 73 Old 11-02-2018, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 42
just get a pair of JBL LSR 306
give your amp to homeless mon
buy a bag of good jamaican herb
it dont get no better
yea mon
e_honda and XpanD like this.
post #39 of 73 Old 11-03-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0nestar8 View Post
Just so we are all clear, the original list in the OP's link was for speakers sold through Amazon. It says at the bottom of the article:

"We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works here."

They are listing products that are sold through Amazon to earn a commission. Since we all use this site for "free," I don't think we should begrudge the site owners earning a living and paying the bills necessary to keep offering a site that is "free" for all of us to use.

This place has a tremendous amount of invaluable information and a few ads disguised as articles is a small price to pay for the community, IMO.

Also, almost none of our favorite ID brands sell through Amazon, so naturally they wouldn't be listed. But they DO use this forum for "free" advertising and good word-of-mouth. Entire small businesses (that we all know and love) are run this way. It's a worthy trade-off as far as I'm concerned for all parties involved.

Maybe the author can elaborate on return policy buying from Amazon for Prime members vs non Prime members when it comes to Bookshelf speakers.

This is what I found.

Amazon Global Store Return Policy
Items can be returned within 30 days of receipt of delivery using the Online Returns Center. It can take up to 25 days for an item to reach us once you return it. Once the item is received at our fulfillment center, it takes 2 business days for the refund to be processed and 3-5 business days for the refund amount to show up in your account.

Your return label will require you to return the item at your own expense. Amazon will automatically refund up to $20 for return postage costs on receipt of the item. If your return postage costs exceed $20, you may contact our Customer Service Center to request a refund of the remaining postage cost.

And this which is why it is confusing.

About Free Returns
Amazon.com offers free returns on some items. Look for “Free returns” next to the price to confirm that the item qualifies for free returns.

To receive Free Returns on your eligible product(s)
Only product(s) that say that they are eligible for Free Returns on the product detail page are eligible for Free Returns. Free Returns only applies to product(s) fulfilled by Amazon. It does not apply to the same product(s) fulfilled by other sellers.
No minimum purchase is required to receive Free Returns.
Free Returns is available to delivery addresses in the 50 states of the United States only, including Alaska and Hawaii. Free Returns is available to APO/FPO addresses when using a United States zip code only. Additional geographic shipping restrictions may apply to particular products.
If you're not satisfied with your purchase, return the eligible product(s) in new and unworn condition in the original packaging for a full refund in accordance with our returns policy. We do not refund the original shipping fees, however.

Geoff A. J., California
post #40 of 73 Old 11-03-2018, 01:43 PM

Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7054 Post(s)
Liked: 5359
Quote:
Also, almost none of our favorite ID brands sell through Amazon,
Actually, Amazon does carry many (but not all) speakers from Q Acoustics, NHT, Emotiva, and SVS.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #41 of 73 Old 11-03-2018, 01:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2022 Post(s)
Liked: 1697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
Actually, Amazon does carry many (but not all) speakers from Q Acoustics, NHT, Emotiva, and SVS.
aperion as well.. i am sure i am forgetting at least 1 brand i have researched on amazon...
Zorba922 likes this.

YAMAHA TSR 5790.. front l/r emotiva b1's and /or kef q100's ..BIC v1220.....Emotiva basx10.... ascend cbm 170 center.. polk t15 rears..samsung 55" j620d
bedroom .. YAMAHA r-xv 383... front l/r.. wharfedale 10.1s... ascend cbm 170 center ... Emotiva basx8... samsung ku6300 50 in
post #42 of 73 Old 11-03-2018, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
I guess I was more thinking along the lines of Hsu, Ascend, RBH, Philharmonic, Chane, JTR, PSA, etc...

But, yes Amazon is taking over the world!!
Zorba922 and Lp85253 like this.
post #43 of 73 Old 11-03-2018, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I guess I was more thinking along the lines of Hsu, Ascend, RBH, Philharmonic, Chane, JTR, PSA, etc...

i get it.. there are certainly more(better)choices elsewhere *but* you can do darn well on amazon..

YAMAHA TSR 5790.. front l/r emotiva b1's and /or kef q100's ..BIC v1220.....Emotiva basx10.... ascend cbm 170 center.. polk t15 rears..samsung 55" j620d
bedroom .. YAMAHA r-xv 383... front l/r.. wharfedale 10.1s... ascend cbm 170 center ... Emotiva basx8... samsung ku6300 50 in
post #44 of 73 Old 11-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lp85253 View Post
i get it.. there are certainly more(better)choices elsewhere *but* you can do darn well on amazon..
Tell me about it. I think I've bought at least half my speakers from Amazon. Musicdirect and Crutchfield would account for most of the other half because of their 60-day return policy versus Amazon's 30-day.
Pitbull0669 and Lp85253 like this.
post #45 of 73 Old 11-03-2018, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1388 Post(s)
Liked: 934
Quote:
Quote:

Amazon is one of my largest clients, but we are dooming ourselves as a society by driving all our purchases through their website.
We thrive as a country by supporting local & regional, small to medium businesses. People want to understand why they can’t find local shops it’s because we stay behind computers and shop on amazon. As opposed to exploring our surroundings finding local businesses (of all types) and discovering good companies and good products. Supporting our local economies supports local growth and local jobs whether it’s Toys R Us or a mom and pop shop. It all cities have Amazon FCs employeeing 3k people. Well if you don’t have that then you need to have several companies employeeing a few hundred employees or many companies with 15-20 employees. If “we” want to see success in our local smaller to medium communities stop insisting/pushing buying on amazon and create demand in your own community so people open businesses.
I both sell to and compete against Amazon, but I try to avoid buying from them as much as possible.

Dynaudio Contour 20, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, Naim Uniti Star, Marantz SR5010, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD, XBOX ONE S
post #46 of 73 Old 11-03-2018, 07:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Amazon is one of my largest clients, but we are dooming ourselves as a society by driving all our purchases through their website.
We thrive as a country by supporting local & regional, small to medium businesses. People want to understand why they can’t find local shops it’s because we stay behind computers and shop on amazon. As opposed to exploring our surroundings finding local businesses (of all types) and discovering good companies and good products. Supporting our local economies supports local growth and local jobs whether it’s Toys R Us or a mom and pop shop. It all cities have Amazon FCs employeeing 3k people. Well if you don’t have that then you need to have several companies employeeing a few hundred employees or many companies with 15-20 employees. If “we” want to see success in our local smaller to medium communities stop insisting/pushing buying on amazon and create demand in your own community so people open businesses.
I both sell to and compete against Amazon, but I try to avoid buying from them as much as possible.
Amazon is the new Wal-Mart. It's hard to compete with price AND convenience.

However, I was very lucky to have a local Dynaudio dealer mere miles away, and trust me, I was more than happy to buy locally in that case. Granted, the dealer is a single employee and it's not his day job, while Dynaudio itself is a Chinese-owned megacorp, but it was still a very pleasant experience and well worth the effort.
audiofreak38 and Lp85253 like this.

Last edited by l0nestar8; 11-03-2018 at 07:41 PM.
post #47 of 73 Old 11-03-2018, 07:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
i agree with 100% of the above.. and i still shop amazon.. mainly because i don't drive, and hauling speakers or cases of cat food home on the bus kinda sucks... my point being:amazon has a niche.. unfortunately that niche is becoming a huge piece of the retail pie.... it's capitalism gone sideways...
Pitbull0669 and wassup like this.

post #48 of 73 Old 11-03-2018, 10:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Amazon is the new Wal-Mart. It's hard to compete with price AND convenience.

However, I was very lucky to have a local Dynaudio dealer mere miles away, and trust me, I was more than happy to buy locally in that case. Granted, the dealer is a single employee and it's not his day job, while Dynaudio itself is a Chinese-owned megacorp, but it was still a very pleasant experience and well worth the effort.
I’m not advocating for any one speaker brand. Or even one aspect (speakers) while on my soap box....
Amazon is convienent - yes. And I know people (typically under 30) don’t understand good things come to those that wait, but as I tell clients, is this a need right now before it shuts down production, or we just want to know it’s here?
Price - this is not always the case....there are things I sell that are cheaper then what’s on amazon, besides most people/places will match pricing if they can, you just have to ask. Also, if there is no competition... you won’t know what a competitive price actually is. They can control their profits anyway they see fit. They can also use the convienence has a cost.... much like service typically comes with a cost.... most people tip based on service levels... wouldn’t you pay extra for better service?
Quote:
i agree with 100% of the above.. and i still shop amazon.. mainly because i don't drive, and hauling speakers or cases of cat food home on the bus kinda sucks... my point being:amazon has a niche.. unfortunately that niche is becoming a huge piece of the retail pie.... it's capitalism gone sideways...
IDK where you live or what makes you choose your method of transportation.... but for the sake of arguing the opposite side (LOL) good dealers will deliver, some grocery stores will too, or consider other more local r(e)tailers.
Look I can’t say I never buy on amazon, but I try to find it locally first.
And I feel bad for my 8 yo son (and other kids) who can’t wade through toy isles anymore unable to make up his kind about what toy to purchase.
Jonas2 and Lp85253 like this.

Dynaudio Contour 20, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, Naim Uniti Star, Marantz SR5010, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD, XBOX ONE S
post #49 of 73 Old 11-03-2018, 11:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
wouldn’t you pay extra for better service?
I certainly do my part when it comes to local craft beer and locally roasted coffee beans. And no, they aren't cheap but the quality is worth it. My nearest Whole Foods has a bunch locally-sourced products. Then again, WF is now owned by Amazon so <irony shrug>.

I've bought some used LP's locally as well. We also have a really vibrant farmer's market/stockyard that's fun to visit on the weekends. Everything else I frequent (outside of some bars/restaurants and the place that cuts my hair) are mostly national/global chains.

In reality, if I need a cheap phone case or some cables or something similar, I'm probably going through Amazon. The way I see it, there will always be a niche for local goods and services while monolithic Amazon warehouses have their perks as well.

Last edited by l0nestar8; 11-03-2018 at 11:17 PM.
post #50 of 73 Old 11-04-2018, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I’m not advocating for any one speaker brand. Or even one aspect (speakers) while on my soap box....
Amazon is convienent - yes. And I know people (typically under 30) don’t understand good things come to those that wait, but as I tell clients, is this a need right now before it shuts down production, or we just want to know it’s here?
Price - this is not always the case....there are things I sell that are cheaper then what’s on amazon, besides most people/places will match pricing if they can, you just have to ask. Also, if there is no competition... you won’t know what a competitive price actually is. They can control their profits anyway they see fit. They can also use the convienence has a cost.... much like service typically comes with a cost.... most people tip based on service levels... wouldn’t you pay extra for better service?

IDK where you live or what makes you choose your method of transportation.... but for the sake of arguing the opposite side (LOL) good dealers will deliver, some grocery stores will too, or consider other more local r(e)tailers.
And I feel bad for my 8 yo son (and other kids) who can’t wade through toy isles anymore unable to make up his kind about what toy to purchase.
my choice of transportation is purely economic.. take the bus and have a roof .. or buy a car and live in it...iow , i am poor.. no issues with it other than other people telling me how to "not be" poor.. at my age(56) it's partly physical( i have cerebral palsy) and partly a lifestyle choice.. but it's not going to change....
audiofreak38 likes this.

Last edited by Lp85253; 11-04-2018 at 08:26 AM.
post #51 of 73 Old 11-04-2018, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:

my choice of transportation is purely economic.. take the bus and have a roof .. or buy a car and live in it...
FWIW I wasn’t meaning any disrespect, some areas offer excellent alternative transportation vs somewhere like SoCal where I live.
Lp85253 likes this.

post #52 of 73 Old 11-04-2018, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
FWIW I wasn’t meaning any disrespect, some areas offer excellent alternative transportation vs somewhere like SoCal where I live.
it's all good.. i live in az(Phoenix) hillbilly heaven... the 2% still dictates to the 98% around here .. i am a native and love my home stare .. just have no use for the old guard country club types that have run this state since Carl Hayden was a pup( look him up, he made population growth possible in az with the C.A.P. canal, the father of modern az , as it were)... to get off my soap box .. transportation choices pretty much suck here.. but i adjust and adapt

post #53 of 73 Old 11-05-2018, 11:39 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
How would you compare the Mini Phils to the Q150? I'm thinking of getting the Mini Phils at the moment. Having heard the Q150s and LS50Ws, I'm wondering how they would compare.
post #54 of 73 Old 11-06-2018, 04:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
buchardt s400... not real popular but i hear they are spectacular ...
Im getting a pair for review

Chemist
post #55 of 73 Old 11-06-2018, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull0669 View Post
i will be very interested to see how you like them..
EM3 and Pitbull0669 like this.

post #56 of 73 Old 11-06-2018, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked: 854
Just wanted to summarize the thread so far as a lot of good things are happening.

Quote:
This was one of the most liked comments. @aarons915 makes a great point on trying as many speakers as you can in your home. Amazon seems to be a great place for this.

Quote:

@l0nestar8 I missed the fact that they were all Amazon Speakers and it's funny as I did say in the Original thread that I would have no problem if this was an Amazon list like they did with the Subwoofer list. I 100% would not have put up a stink if the title included "on Amazon". This was not clear to me and I apologize for being so vocal. This Site needs to make money and this is a great way to do it. l0nestar8 makes a great point.

Quote:
Quote:
The Actives list is being worked on as we speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Glad to see you are looking in on the thread and I would like to thank you and @imagic for not blowing me off as another RANTer.

Okay, AVS Members I'm surprised at the list so far and it did grow super quick and I can see how it would be really hard to hear them all. Here is a list in order of them being mentioned so far. No comments for the speakers only mentioned once or twice.

Philharmonic Audio BMR - No surprise this was one of the first mentioned and the most liked and the most mentioned.

Revel Performa3 M105 and M106 - Tied for second most mentions but it looks like a few members have this speaker. The M106 is right at the $1000 mark.

Monitor Audio Gold
Focal Aria
Dynaudio Excite X14 or X18
Dynaudio Special 40
KEF R300 and KEF LS50 were mentioned a few times with some wondering if the R300 is really “better” than the LS50.

buchardt s400 - this was a big hit, tied for second most mentioned and I think we will be hearing more about this speaker.
BBC LS3/5A FALCON ACOUSTICS
Focal Electra 1008 Be
Monitor Audio Silver 100 or 50 - Few members are wondering if the large driver with high crossover will affect the performance compared to the Silver 50.

Harbeth P3ESR
JBL LSR 306
EM3, Pitbull0669, Lp85253 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Blacklightning; 11-06-2018 at 08:26 AM.
post #57 of 73 Old 11-06-2018, 08:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just wanted to summarize the thread so far as a lot of good things are happening.

This was one of the most liked comments. @aarons915 makes a great point on trying as many speakers as you can in your home. Amazon seems to be a great place for this.

@l0nestar8 I missed the fact that they were all Amazon Speakers and it's funny as I did say in the Original thread that I would have no problem if this was an Amazon list like they did with the Subwoofer list. I 100% would not have put up a stink if the title included "on Amazon". This was not clear to me and I apologize for being so vocal. This Site needs to make money and this is a great way to do it. l0nestar8 makes a great point.

Glad to see you are looking in on the thread and I would like to thank you and @imagic for not blowing me off as another RANTer.

Okay, AVS Members I'm surprised at the list so far and it did grow super quick and I can see how it would be really hard to hear them all. Here is a list in order of them being mentioned so far. No comments for the speakers only mentioned once or twice.

Philharmonic Audio BMR - No surprise this was one of the first mentioned and the most liked and the most mentioned.

Revel Performa3 M105 and M106 - Tied for second most mentions but it looks like a few members have this speaker. The M106 is right at the $1000 mark.

Monitor Audio Gold
Focal Aria
Dynaudio Excite X14 or X18
Dynaudio Special 40
KEF R300 and KEF LS50 were mentioned a few times with some wondering if the R300 is really “better” than the LS50.

buchardt s400 - this was a big hit, tied for second most mentioned and I think we will be hearing more about this speaker.
BBC LS3/5A FALCON ACOUSTICS
Focal Electra 1008 Be
Monitor Audio Silver 100 or 50 - Few members are wondering if the large driver with high crossover will affect the performance compared to the Silver 50.

Harbeth P3ESR
JBL LSR 306
i think we have hit on some new possibilities in the "mid" level offerings that so many of us try to sort out..myself , after owning the emotiva b1's for a while , have found myself wanting to find a "better" version of that sound for my next "step up".. but i wouldn't want to blow return fee on several pair trying to find it.. this thread has been very useful in cutting through some of the chaff..

post #58 of 73 Old 11-06-2018, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

It's all good @Blacklightning . I think everyone here is pretty much on the same page. I love the little guys just as much as the big boys. Who doesn't like a good David vs Goliath story?

I've had wonderful experiences with smaller outfits the likes of Philharmonic, Ascend, NHT, Music Hall, and Hsu. I've also had great local dealer interactions with Dynaudio, for instance. And I've logged thousands of hours with global megacorps like Polk, Infinity (Harman), Elac, Wharfedale, Kef, Energy, PSB, Monitor Audio, Klipsch, and many others I'm probably forgetting.

BTW, those M106's are $2000/pr.

And I'm glad you pointed out that quote by @aarons915 . That's really good general advice.
audiofreak38 and Lp85253 like this.
post #59 of 73 Old 11-06-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
J

"Caveat Emptor" BIG time on Amazon when dealing with third party sellers.

On the similar thread about "best" under $500/pair I looked at the first speaker linked and went to the return policy of that vendor.

You return the speaker to that particular vendor and they do NOT refund the original cost to ship, (even if it was "free" they will not refund the true cost), and you have to pay to return ship the speakers plus they might decide (or not) to charge you a 15% restocking fee.

So if you bought a pair of $500/pr Focals from them and lived across the Country from the vendor and they decided to charge you 15 percent restocking it could cost as much as $200 lost to return.

If you want Focals, buy them from Crutchfield with their $10/box returns.
Blacklightning and Lp85253 like this.

Geoff A. J., California
post #60 of 73 Old 11-06-2018, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
"Caveat Emptor" BIG time on Amazon when dealing with third party sellers.

On the similar thread about "best" under $500/pair I looked at the first speaker linked and went to the return policy of that vendor.

You return the speaker to that particular vendor and they do NOT refund the original cost to ship, (even if it was "free" they will not refund the true cost), and you have to pay to return ship the speakers plus they might decide (or not) to charge you a 15% restocking fee.

So if you bought a pair of $500/pr Focals from them and lived across the Country from the vendor and they decided to charge you 15 percent restocking it could cost as much as $200 lost to return.

If you want Focals, buy them from Crutchfield with their $10/box returns.
+1 stick with amazon sold / fulfilled.. everything else is a crapshoot
Blacklightning and gajCA like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page