Help needed choosing speakers, FAST - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 11-16-2018, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2022 Post(s)
Liked: 1697
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallite View Post
Although I would say they are better in a 3-way, as they tend to lack the dynamics of a dome in the midrange.
agreed , by safer , i mean less likely to be offensive .. it's an opinion , subject to user likes , but a general rule , imo...btw the amt has different(more) ability to play lower , at least from what i can understand in discussions of speaker makers on here...

YAMAHA TSR 5790.. front l/r emotiva b1's and /or kef q100's ..BIC v1220.....Emotiva basx10.... ascend cbm 170 center.. polk t15 rears..samsung 55" j620d
bedroom .. YAMAHA r-xv 383... front l/r.. wharfedale 10.1s... ascend cbm 170 center ... Emotiva basx8... samsung ku6300 50 in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 11-16-2018, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7054 Post(s)
Liked: 5358
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallite View Post
Although I would say they are better in a 3-way, as they tend to lack the dynamics of a dome in the midrange.
huh, not sure what you mean by "dynamics of a dome in the midrange"---I find my Emotiva B1s' midrange to be as good as any I've ever heard from any dome tweeter at any price, as long as they aren't cranked to reference volumes full-range. It's the treble region where they can seem a little subdued, in comparison to the riotousness of an aggressive dome like that of the KEF Q100s.
Lp85253 likes this.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #33 of 33 Old 11-16-2018, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2022 Post(s)
Liked: 1697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
huh, not sure what you mean by "dynamics of a dome in the midrange"---I find my Emotiva B1s' midrange to be as good as any I've ever heard from any dome tweeter at any price, as long as they aren't cranked to reference volumes full-range. It's the treble region where they can seem a little subdued, in comparison to the riotousness of an aggressive dome like that of the KEF Q100s.
i believe that is what he talking about , or maybe that midrange happy bump like q acoustics has.. either way i like emo... the raal isn't at it's best in a 2 way speaker.. it has problems getting low enough to mate with 5/6 inch mid woofers...

YAMAHA TSR 5790.. front l/r emotiva b1's and /or kef q100's ..BIC v1220.....Emotiva basx10.... ascend cbm 170 center.. polk t15 rears..samsung 55" j620d
bedroom .. YAMAHA r-xv 383... front l/r.. wharfedale 10.1s... ascend cbm 170 center ... Emotiva basx8... samsung ku6300 50 in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page