Ed Frias and advice needed - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-19-2018, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Ed Frias and advice needed

I have a setup consisting mostly of BIC America speakers (very decent sound for an excellent prince) and remembered there was a guy that did crossover mods for some of their speakers. I found his name, Ed Frias but can't seem to find any current contact information. The email address on LinkedIn bounced and the only other info I have is as follows:

EFE TECHNOLOGY
FRIAS ENTERPRISES
760-741-6525
[email protected]

The phone does not seem to be good. Not sure about the email. It has not bounced yet but I have my doubts since it is an AOL address.

Anyone have any idea if he is still in business and have current contact info. If not, does anyone have details on the mods he did? I am willing to give it a go if I had the details.

Here is my setup.

Fronts: DV64 towers
Center: DV62CLR-S
Surrounds: Muro M-80
Sub: V1020

The other dilemma I have is the rears. I currently have a set of Bose cubes figuring they would be fine and unobtrusive for their use. I do not like their sound. I know, you do not have to tell me! I just bought a set of BIC DV32. Would you consider them a reasonable choice for the rears?

More questions. I have set up a small system in my office (part of my basement finishing, first office I have ever had and I am 59). I have an old pair of Bose 4001 I have had forever and they seem to sound decent. I am considering buying an old BIC Adatto 4.2 for a center channel but can find next to no information on it. BIC did send me a copy of the old owner’s guide. The situation is that I also have three DV52CLR speakers. Use them for the L/R and center? Any advice?

Both setups are running thru current Marantz receivers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-20-2018, 07:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffering View Post
I have a setup consisting mostly of BIC America speakers (very decent sound for an excellent prince) and remembered there was a guy that did crossover mods for some of their speakers. I found his name, Ed Frias but can't seem to find any current contact information. The email address on LinkedIn bounced and the only other info I have is as follows:

EFE TECHNOLOGY
FRIAS ENTERPRISES
760-741-6525
[email protected]

The phone does not seem to be good. Not sure about the email. It has not bounced yet but I have my doubts since it is an AOL address.

Anyone have any idea if he is still in business and have current contact info. If not, does anyone have details on the mods he did? I am willing to give it a go if I had the details.

Here is my setup.

Fronts: DV64 towers
Center: DV62CLR-S
Surrounds: Muro M-80
Sub: V1020

The other dilemma I have is the rears. I currently have a set of Bose cubes figuring they would be fine and unobtrusive for their use. I do not like their sound. I know, you do not have to tell me! I just bought a set of BIC DV32. Would you consider them a reasonable choice for the rears?

More questions. I have set up a small system in my office (part of my basement finishing, first office I have ever had and I am 59). I have an old pair of Bose 4001 I have had forever and they seem to sound decent. I am considering buying an old BIC Adatto 4.2 for a center channel but can find next to no information on it. BIC did send me a copy of the old owner’s guide. The situation is that I also have three DV52CLR speakers. Use them for the L/R and center? Any advice?

Both setups are running thru current Marantz receivers.
I've a pair of Ed Frias designed AR DIY speakers along with a BIC center modified by him that I use in my bedroom but have no idea whether he's still active or not. Honestly, the BIC center sounds as close to the AR-DIYs in tonal quality as any center I've ever heard in regards to matching LR speakers.

Display: Vizio P55-E1l Pre-pro: Marantz 7703; Amps: Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1, H/K AVR 520 (direct in to amps); Sources: Sony UBP-X700; X-box 1 S; Technics 1200 Mk II; Win10 PC for digital; Phono Preamp: Emotiva XPS-1; Speakers - LR: Philharmonic BMR LR; Center: Selah Audio BMR-CC; Surrounds: Wharfedale Reva-2; Rear Surrounds: Wharfedale Diamond 220; Atmos: TF - Monoprice Alpha 8; TR - BIC VI-38; Subwoofers: dual Rythmik L22s
post #3 of 3 Old 12-31-2018, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Here is a current number

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Bic America , dv52clr , dv62clr-s , dv64 , ed frias