AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Speakers (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/)
-   -   LCR speaker under $1300 (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/3038584-lcr-speaker-under-1300-a.html)

sunnybhaku 12-28-2018 05:42 PM

LCR speaker under $1300

any good recommendation for LCR Speaker under $1300 and most of the time I watch 90% movies (movies and Netflix) and 10% songs. the receiver I' using Denon x3400h for Elac uni fi ub5 and uc5 centre speaker but every time I set volume to watch movies I have to set above 70. I'm planning to return back those speaker and if any one has any recommendation that throws good neutral, clear sound be good and the room dimension is 14*20 with 8 ft ceiling. Gonna add svs sub later in the future.
Thanks

Russdawg1 12-28-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnybhaku (Post 57340054)
any good recommendation for LCR Speaker under $1300 and most of the time I watch 90% movies (movies and Netflix) and 10% songs. the receiver I' using Denon x3400h for Elac uni fi ub5 and uc5 centre speaker but every time I set volume to watch movies I have to set above 70. I'm planning to return back those speaker and if any one has any recommendation that throws good neutral, clear sound be good and the room dimension is 14*20 with 8 ft ceiling. Gonna add svs sub later in the future.

Thanks

What’s your problem with setting the volume at 70?

And I’m going to recommend T2 towers with the C2 center from Emotiva. Going to be quite hard to beat at the price.

If not, A5.4 towers with the A2.4 center by Chane would be my next pick.

Lp85253 12-28-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Thanks

nht c3 x 3 if you have the room for 3 bookshelf speakers in the front...

Lp85253 12-28-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russdawg1 (Post 57340084)

And I’m going to recommend T2 towers with the C2 center from Emotiva. Going to be quite hard to beat at the price.

i'm listening to my emo's right now..your right t2 +c2 all the way...

sunnybhaku 12-28-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russdawg1 (Post 57340084)

at 70 eve though doesn't seem like it fills the room

pase22 12-28-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Thanks

How far back are you sitting that you need to turn it up so much? Also make sure your source volume level is turned all the way up.

sunnybhaku 12-28-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lp85253 (Post 57340094)
i'm listening to my emo's right now..your right t2 +c2 all the way...

any recommendation wit bookshelves speaker instead tower speaker
thanks

Russdawg1 12-28-2018 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnybhaku (Post 57340148)
at 70 eve though doesn't seem like it fills the room

I’m in a situation similar to you. I have an Onkyo rated for 100 watts. I find my self pushing 70, 80’s when I’m having a little fun, but it has crossed my mind that maybe there’s something wrong with the amp. But then I reassure myself that there can’t possibly be something wrong with the amp. However you are in a different situation. If I remember correctly, those Uni-if’s aren’t as inefficient as some. So I think there’s nothing wrong with yours, simply you need a better amp. Changing the speakers will work but if you like the way they sound, getting something with more power like an Emotiva amplifier would be good.

Russdawg1 12-28-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnybhaku (Post 57340164)

thanks

Chane A2.4’s as LCR or Ascend CMT340’s would work. They are MTM’s so they can be used as centers and L/R. The Ascends are EXTREMELY neutral, I have them myself. They aren’t for everyone. Where did you think your Uni-fi’s fell on the scale. I want to make sure your view of neural is correct.

sunnybhaku 12-28-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pase22 (Post 57340158)
How far back are you sitting that you need to turn it up so much? Also make sure your source volume level is turned all the way up.

its 12 feet and it was on 0db and just changed to 8 I hope it make little difference but won't

sunnybhaku 12-28-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russdawg1 (Post 57340170)
I’m in a situation similar to you. I have an Onkyo rated for 100 watts. I find my self pushing 70, 80’s when I’m having a little fun, but it has crossed my mind that maybe there’s something wrong with the amp. But then I reassure myself that there can’t possibly be something wrong with the amp. However you are in a different situation. If I remember correctly, those Uni-if’s aren’t as inefficient as some. So I think there’s nothing wrong with yours, simply you need a better amp. Changing the speakers will work but if you like the way they sound, getting something with more power like an Emotiva amplifier would be good.

I like the sound but it seems like need little bigger centre speaker to fill the room

Russdawg1 12-28-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnybhaku (Post 57340220)
I like the sound but it seems like need little bigger centre speaker to fill the room

Well when you get a subwoofer, it will get louder in general so maybe try one from Best Buy since they have free returns and see if it provides the improvement you seek. But the Uni-Fi’s are quite quality speakers and many of the owners recommend external power amps to make them sound their best and you seem like a prime candidate to get one.

sunnybhaku 12-28-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russdawg1 (Post 57340178)
Chane A2.4’s as LCR or Ascend CMT340’s would work. They are MTM’s so they can be used as centers and L/R. The Ascends are EXTREMELY neutral, I have them myself. They aren’t for everyone. Where did you think your Uni-fi’s fell on the scale. I want to make sure your view of neural is correct.

the only thing I like about these speaker is they sound clear and tweeter are not scratchy. so your ears won't get tired even though after watching for long time.

Russdawg1 12-28-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnybhaku (Post 57340244)
the only thing I like about these speaker is they sound clear and tweeter are not scratchy. so your ears won't get tired even though after watching for long time.

Completely agree, it’s a great characteristic, all the more reason to keep them.

Lp85253 12-28-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnybhaku (Post 57340164)
thanks

emotiva b1 or chane a 1.4 or for a larger space chane a2.4...

sunnybhaku 12-28-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russdawg1 (Post 57340178)

how you like your cmt 340 does it good enough to fill medium size room and how the tweeter on it

murphy_5 12-28-2018 06:27 PM

I really like the Infinity Reference line at this pricing! On sale for a few more days. Could build a whole LCR and get two subs for under 1300 right now!

https://www.harmanaudio.com/speakers/#prefn1=brand&prefn2=isRefurbished&prefv3=false&sr ule=popularity&prefv1=Infinity&prefv2=false&prefn3 =isSupport

sunnybhaku 12-28-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphy_5 (Post 57340272)
I really like the Infinity Reference line at this pricing! On sale for a few more days. Could build a whole LCR and get two subs for under 1300 right now!

https://www.harmanaudio.com/speakers...efn3=isSupport

thanks a lot

murphy_5 12-28-2018 06:29 PM

A review from sound and vision.

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/infinity-reference-r162-speaker-system

pase22 12-28-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnybhaku (Post 57340214)
its 12 feet and it was on 0db and just changed to 8 I hope it make little difference but won't

It appears you need more efficient and easier to drive speakers. Klipsch RP-160's and matching center would be good candidates for your usage and listening habits. A good sub would certainly make a big difference as it would add more depth and also relieve both your speakers and AVR giving you more head room.

Russdawg1 12-28-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnybhaku (Post 57340266)
how you like your cmt 340 does it good enough to fill medium size room and how the tweeter on it

They are really neutral and hold their composure really well when you start nearing Reference volume and even when passing Reference volume they sound fantastic. Extremely dynamic with the dual 6.5” polygel woofers, proprietary to Ascend. The tweeter is extremely detailed but it is VERY revealing. Poorly recorded or overmixed content sounds terrible because they bring light to every tiny detail in the sound but good recordings are where the Ascends shine. Live content or Vinyl make them sound amazing.

sunnybhaku 12-28-2018 06:34 PM

what your opinion with svs ultra centre with prime bookshelves speaker or Ascend CMT340

Russdawg1 12-28-2018 06:39 PM

LCR speaker under $1300

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnybhaku (Post 57340308)
what your opinion with svs ultra centre with prime bookshelves speaker or Ascend CMT340

SVS primes are really bright. You will not like them. Ascend’s will blow them out the water in terms of sound quality too. The Ultra Series is eh. You could do better for the money IMO. I don’t like SVS because I believe they are overpriced. Just my
opinion.

sunnybhaku 12-28-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pase22 (Post 57340294)
It appears you need more efficient and easier to drive speakers. Klipsch RP-160's and matching center would be good candidates for your usage and listening habits. A good sub would certainly make a big difference as it would add more depth and also relieve both your speakers and AVR giving you more head room.

the only thing I curious that their tweeter won't be too scratchy and that the only reason make me not to buy Klipsch

Russdawg1 12-28-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnybhaku (Post 57340330)
the only thing I curious that their tweeter won't be too scratchy and that the only reason make me not to buy Klipsch

The Reference series is quite bright. The RP line toned it down quite a bit. Stop by your nearest Best Buy and have a listen. Try out Kef and Martin Logan too while you’re at it. If you like ML, then you’ll love Emotiva.

sunnybhaku 12-28-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russdawg1 (Post 57340322)
SVS primes are really bright. You will not like them. Ascend’s will blow them out the water in terms of sound quality too. The Ultra Series is eh. You could do better for the money IMO. I don’t like SVS because I believe they are overpriced. Just my
opinion.

I read good review about ascend 340se as LCR and personally how you like the sound for action movies
other speaker I like the Chane a2.4 as LCR but don't know How It sounds as it says made in china and don't know their quality and return policy dent sound good

sunnybhaku 12-28-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russdawg1 (Post 57340350)
The Reference series is quite bright. The RP line toned it down quite a bit. Stop by your nearest Best Buy and have a listen. Try out Kef and Martin Logan too while you’re at it. If you like ML, then you’ll love Emotiva.

thanks a lot and now days so many different brands and some time take to much time to decide

Russdawg1 12-28-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnybhaku (Post 57340362)
I read good review about ascend 340se as LCR and personally how you like the sound for action movies

other speaker I like the Chane a2.4 as LCR but don't know How It sounds as it says made in china and don't know their quality and return policy dent sound good

The Chanes are supposed to be even better than the Ascends. Surprising, I know. They have production runs seasonally and sell out super quick and for good reason.

I don’t really watch action movies or any movies at all with the Ascends but they tackle any genre of music with ease. I’m sure movies would be no challenge either.

sunnybhaku 12-28-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russdawg1 (Post 57340234)
Well when you get a subwoofer, it will get louder in general so maybe try one from Best Buy since they have free returns and see if it provides the improvement you seek. But the Uni-Fi’s are quite quality speakers and many of the owners recommend external power amps to make them sound their best and you seem like a prime candidate to get one.

don't planning to buy sub now but I'll try for trial how it sounds with sub

sunnybhaku 12-28-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russdawg1 (Post 57340392)
The Chanes are supposed to be even better than the Ascends. Surprising, I know. They have production runs seasonally and sell out super quick and for good reason.

I don’t really watch action movies or any movies at all with the Ascends but they tackle any genre of music with ease. I’m sure movies would be no challenge either.

personally like ascends and the only reason I feel hesitate is their return policy