JBL 4312G Studio Monitor Introduced at CES 2019 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 4 Post By Molon_Labe
  • 1 Post By Molon_Labe

post #1 of 4 Old 01-07-2019, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9160 Post(s)
Liked: 16156
JBL 4312G Studio Monitor Introduced at CES 2019

Full press release:

"At CES 2019, JBL by HARMAN today introduced the 4312G studio monitor, a modern take on the classic JBL loudspeaker. Crafted in the mold of the legendary 4310/4311 family, and the more recent 70th Anniversary 4312SE, the 4312G delivers thundering, clear bass, with crystalline and precise highs, even at the highest listening levels.

The 4312G loudspeakers are built in matched mirror-image pairs allowing for a wide variety of placement and positioning applications. In classic studio monitor fashion, they can be positioned horizontally or vertically and with the tweeters to the inside or outside of the listening position, and they can be shelf or stand-mounted. This flexibility makes them capable of serving equal duty in small, intimate listening environments or in larger rooms without sacrificing the detail and coherent stereo soundstage and image quality that studio monitors must have.

"The JBL 4312G continues the tradition of the legendary 4312 series with dynamic, like-like sound," said Jim Garrett, Senior Director, Product Strategy & Planning, HARMAN Luxury Audio. "These classic designs remain extremely popular with listeners who enjoy their unparalleled sonic delivery and thoroughly engaging listening experience.”

Utilizing a compact monitor-type footprint, the 4312SE features advanced JBL transducers including the 12-inch (300mm) JW300SW-8 Pure Pulp cone woofer, the 5-inch (125mm) JM125PC-8 Polymer-coated Pure Pulp cone midrange, and the 1-inch (25mm) 054ALMg-1 Aluminum/Magnesium Alloy tweeter with waveguide.

Front-panel mid- and high-frequency trim controls, bass-reflex enclosure with front-firing port, binding-post speaker terminals, and a black wood grain finish with removable black cloth grille round out the system’s performance features.

The JBL 4312G Studio Monitor is available immediately at an MSRP of $2,500 per pair.
" - JBL

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-07-2019, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3432 Post(s)
Liked: 4121
Pics for thread. I love seeing JBL staying true to the old school vibe. These just scream "I Wanna Play Classic Rock!"
post #3 of 4 Old 01-11-2019, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
Pics for thread. I love seeing JBL staying true to the old school vibe. These just scream "I Wanna Play Classic Rock!"
so whats the biggest difference sound wise between these and the original 4312 studio monitors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-11-2019, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 3432 Post(s)
Liked: 4121
Quote:
Originally Posted by preretarded View Post
so whats the biggest difference sound wise between these and the original 4312 studio monitors?
Probably increased dynamics from a lack of dry rotted foam Honestly, I have no idea. I would think they would sound more similar than different, but I haven't owned any of these.
Blacklightning likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
ces 2019 , jbl 4312g , speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page