$10k Budget for 7.2.4 Speakers and Receiver - Please help - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 72Likes

post #31 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgzimbabwe View Post
So this is where I am at this point. Any suggestions/changes here?

Exactly at about $10K:

Subs: 2 x Rythmik FV18
FRONT LCR: 3 x Paradigm Millennia 30 LCR
Surrounds: 4 x Martin Logan EM Motion FX2
Height: 4 x RSL C34E
Receiver: Denon AVR-X6500H

OR

Replace the 3 x Paradigm Millenia 30 LCR with:
CENTER: 1 x Martin Loan Motion 50XT
LR: 2 x Martin Logan Motion SLM XL

OR

Replace the Front 3 with 3 x Triad Onwall Bronze LCR

All Three set ups will run about $10k. Going to $11.5K if the 6500H is replaced with a MRX-1120.

Any suggestions/changes here?

Speakers, subs and room correction are the most important elements in your setup. Denon uses Audyssey MultXT32 which is clearly a very modest software for that effect, compared to Anthem´s ARC and NAD´S DIRAC Live. DIRAC is the best room correction filter in the world, so my suggestion is to go with the NAD T777v3 ($2000), 7 Kef LS50 ($4000), 4 Kef R50 Atmos speakers ($1500), 2 Kef Kube 12b subs ($1200), Marantz 7055 5 channel external amp ($900) and $400 on Umik-1 mic, cables, banana plugs and Logitech Remote.

DIRAC really, really, really makes a huge difference, it´s amazing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhattan View Post
Speakers, subs and room correction are the most important elements in your setup. Denon uses Audyssey MultXT32 which is clearly a very modest software for that effect, compared to Anthem´s ARC and NAD´S DIRAC Live. DIRAC is the best room correction filter in the world, so my suggestion is to go with the NAD T777v3 ($2000), 7 Kef LS50 ($4000), 4 Kef R50 Atmos speakers ($1500), 2 Kef Kube 12b subs ($1200), Marantz 7055 5 channel external amp ($900) and $400 on Umik-1 mic, cables, banana plugs and Logitech Remote.

DIRAC really, really, really makes a huge difference, it´s amazing...
I like those LS50s. But they will give me the exact problem we have with FloorStanding speakers. At ~ 11" deep, it wont work well with the 3 TVs placement. Otherwise I would just go full blown Floor Standing Speaker set up.

I will check on NAD! Thks!
post #33 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Gordon View Post
MSRP for the Triad Bronze LCR Series is $650 each.
That is not bad. I wonder there is nothing ONWALL from Triad between the Bronze and the Platinum series? Platinum looks like it way out of my budget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Actually, Triad will make a custom speaker (at additional cost) for any of their models. So if you want an on-wall Silver or Gold speaker it can be done.

[email protected]
post #35 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by zora View Post
How about the NAD T758v3 with Dirac, a solid speaker set and a four ID sub array?
i loved the nad t758v3 but not exactly feature rich and def not user friendly if thats what hes looking for and still need external amp with the nad but at that price no big deal its only 1100$ . although dirac is better than arc or audessy its much more time consuming and not as user friendly. why not go with the anthem mrx720 you get 7 channels powered 11 channel of processing the room correcton and then add a external amp for extra channels need.
can you do in wall speakers? what about these goldenear in wall speakers-$1000 each msrp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_NEW_Invisa-Signature-Point-Source.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	2512590  
post #36 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden78 View Post
i loved the nad t758v3 but not exactly feature rich and def not user friendly if thats what hes looking for and still need external amp with the nad but at that price no big deal its only 1100$ . although dirac is better than arc or audessy its much more time consuming and not as user friendly. why not go with the anthem mrx720 you get 7 channels powered 11 channel of processing the room correcton and then add a external amp for extra channels need.
can you do in wall speakers? what about these goldenear in wall speakers-$1000 each msrp
These are external walls and unfortunately they are somewhat thin....Besides if I put in walls on the FRONT R/L they will be somewhat almost hidden behind the TVs.

Good thought on the 720 + Amp.
post #37 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Gordon View Post
Actually, Triad will make a custom speaker (at additional cost) for any of their models. So if you want an on-wall Silver or Gold speaker it can be done.
This Excellent! I didn't know this could be done. I'm already impressed with these guys....
post #38 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

So, just had a conversation with the Wife and we might have a solution. Just not sure it would work for the speaker placement.

See attached Picture.

We can Squeeze in the two 50" TV to the middle so that they just 2" off the 75" TV. This would free up 9" to the sides of the 50" TV and with the original 5" I had between the TVs and the Wall I would have 14" of clearance between 50" TVs and Walls.

This would make it possible (space wise) to put a thinner Floor Standing Speaker like a Motion 40 to the Left and Right of the 50" TVs. Then I would go with a 30 or 50XT for the Center.

My question under this scenario is if the distance between the 2 Front L and R speakers would be too much? It would be 162". I'm assuming I would have to tilt them to center a little. I just don't want to be in a position where every time I want to watch a movie, I have to adjust those Speakers out and towards the Center.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	v2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	766.4 KB
ID:	2512604  
post #39 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 131
whats distance to seating from wall
post #40 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1265
For best imaging you want to stay close to an equilateral triangle. This can be +/- a little and still be okay. What is your seating distance to the speakers?

The MLM 40 will probably perform better than the onwalls, but I wonder if you'll have enough room for the rear port? Not many speakers have a front port, though.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
post #41 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
For best imaging you want to stay close to an equilateral triangle. This can be +/- a little and still be okay. What is your seating distance to the speakers?

The MLM 40 will probably perform better than the onwalls, but I wonder if you'll have enough room for the rear port? Not many speakers have a front port, though.
GOlden78 and you had the same question.
At this point, I can make it be whatever I wanted it to be given the limitations of my room. The room is 9'5"H x 15'5"W x 24'3" L and we would like two rows of seating. I also plan on eventually adding a 4k Projector and the largest 2:35 motorized projection screen that would fit that room properly.

I'm not tied to M40s. I just thought that if I had some room on both sides under this scenario I could do a floorstanding speaker. But yes, i'm not familiar with all of these products, so I don't know if all of these speakers are rear ported?
post #42 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I can vouch for dual Rythmik FV-18 Subs... I put in a 7.2.4 Atmos home theater this summer in a room that's 12.5' wide, 22.5' long w/ 8' ceilings.... I used RBH Signature speakers for everything but the subs and love the results (although I'm still tweaking things constantly, for fun)...

I put 1 sub in the front right corner, and one in the center of the back wall (not necessarily the optimal placement, but one that looks good and keeps the wife happy'ish)... one of these days, I'll try moving the rear sub into each corner to see how that changes the bass, but at this point, I'm very happy with the setup...

Other thoughts... the FV-18's are BIG and HEAVY... regardless of which subs you choose, make sure you measure closely to ensure they fit into your space... while mine fit in my space, their size changed what we could do with the space in the back of the room... had to take out the game table, and just installed media racks instead so there's a bit of open space now (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)...

Good Luck!

Home Theater: RBH Signature Reference Speakers 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos | Rythmik FV-18 Subs (x2)
LG 65" OLED C7 | Marantz AV7703 | Outlaw 7700 & 5000 | OPPO UPD-203 | XBOX One X
Front Room: RBH 61-SE/r | RBH SX-1010/r Sub | Vizio M602i-B3 | Marantz SR7009 | Denon DVD-1930CI
post #43 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1334 Post(s)
Liked: 1467
Quote:
GOlden78 and you had the same question.
At this point, I can make it be whatever I wanted it to be given the limitations of my room. The room is 9'5"H x 15'5"W x 24'3" L and we would like two rows of seating. I also plan on eventually adding a 4k Projector and the largest 2:35 motorized projection screen that would fit that room properly.

I'm not tied to M40s. I just thought that if I had some room on both sides under this scenario I could do a floorstanding speaker. But yes, i'm not familiar with all of these products, so I don't know if all of these speakers are rear ported?
This room is screaming for a projector and an acoustically transparent screen. Then you can do whatever you want

If you buy speakers with wide dispersion characteristics then the seating and placement of the speakers is less important

Example for placement:
https://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/do...-4-setups.html
post #44 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 12:33 PM

Also keep in mind that Audyssey has released an app now and you can do custom curves and tweaks via your phone/tablet. I have Audyssey XT32 and with the app I am pretty impressed. It may not be to the level of Dirac Live, but it's super easy to use.
madhuski likes this.
post #45 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post
This room is screaming for a projector and an acoustically transparent screen. Then you can do whatever you want

If you buy speakers with wide dispersion characteristics then the seating and placement of the speakers is less important

Example for placement:
https://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/do...-4-setups.html
I hear you. That is the goal. Not sure how big a 2:35 motorized AT screen I can fit here. My seating arrangements (as far as distance to wall) are not yet finalized as I'm trying to tackle the speaker(s) placement given my 3 TVs. I've been wanting to post in the Projector/Screen forums, but I have been told to figure out my room first with the constraints that I have (3 TVs on the wall, speaker placement given those TVs, etc) before making a decision on Screen/Projector.
post #46 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrob104 View Post
I can vouch for dual Rythmik FV-18 Subs... I put in a 7.2.4 Atmos home theater this summer in a room that's 12.5' wide, 22.5' long w/ 8' ceilings.... I used RBH Signature speakers for everything but the subs and love the results (although I'm still tweaking things constantly, for fun)...

I put 1 sub in the front right corner, and one in the center of the back wall (not necessarily the optimal placement, but one that looks good and keeps the wife happy'ish)... one of these days, I'll try moving the rear sub into each corner to see how that changes the bass, but at this point, I'm very happy with the setup...

Other thoughts... the FV-18's are BIG and HEAVY... regardless of which subs you choose, make sure you measure closely to ensure they fit into your space... while mine fit in my space, their size changed what we could do with the space in the back of the room... had to take out the game table, and just installed media racks instead so there's a bit of open space now (which isn't necessarily a bad thing)...

Good Luck!
I would love to get those. But given the height of the TVs, the FV-18s are way too big. I'm looking at two FV15HPs instead.
darrob104 and bear123 like this.
post #47 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrob104 View Post

Typically the center of wall placement will be flatter, while the corner will be more peaky and dippy. Yes those are technical terms. Feel free to experiment, however, your results may vary.
darrob104 likes this.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
post #48 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Been looking for a front ported one....no luck yet...Not sure if the rear porter Floor Standing would be ok given that it will be in the two front corners of my room.

A coworker just told me to look at the Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers for Front L/R with a Sierra Horizon Center Channel instead of the Motion 40/50XT Combo. Similar price point, but he claims the Sierra Towers would "destroy" the Motion 40.....whatever that means...

Anyone here has any experience with Sierra Towers? It looks like they would fit perfectly in those corners as they are only 7'5" wide and 2" smaller than the Motion 40 (Depth wise).
post #49 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Been looking for a front ported one....no luck yet...Not sure if the rear porter Floor Standing would be ok given that it will be in the two front corners of my room.

A coworker just told me to look at the Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers for Front L/R with a Sierra Horizon Center Channel instead of the Motion 40/50XT Combo. Similar price point, but he claims the Sierra Towers would "destroy" the Motion 40.....whatever that means...

Anyone here has any experience with Sierra Towers? It looks like they would fit perfectly in those corners as they are only 7'5" wide and 2" smaller than the Motion 40 (Depth wise).
The Sierra towers are fan favorites around here and highly respected. Your coworker knows his/her stuff. I don't own them but there are lots of reviews and feedback on them here. They would be a huge upgrade over any onwall speaker.
post #50 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 04:03 PM

Oh and Ascend has partnered with Ryhtmik making it easy to get speakers and subs
post #51 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 650
Totem Tribe V on-wall speakers: https://totemacoustic.com/en/tribe-v
post #52 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The Sierra towers are fan favorites around here and highly respected. Your coworker knows his/her stuff. I don't own them but there are lots of reviews and feedback on them here. They would be a huge upgrade over any onwall speaker.
I would tend to agree, but do they fit into the budget?

If not, looking at that class of speaker, the obvious choice would be the BMR Philharmonitor. Likely superior for less money. How does the wife feel about piano black? Just get a third one for a center channel. It's what I plan on doing when funds allow.

They can be ordered with a front port if you want to place them close to a wall. The wait time will be much longer however because those cabinets are custom made. The ones shown on the website are pretty much ready to go.

You should think about your output needs, however. These are speakers that will neutrally and faithfully reproduce just about any material, but they probably are not your speaker for reference level playback of movies. But if 90-95dB or so is enough (that's louder than I listen), then they will do great. And, the bass extension is into the low 30s so you have plenty of crossover options depending how your room affects your bass.

That should leave money for surrounds.

Last edited by Soulburner; 01-18-2019 at 05:49 PM.
post #53 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I would tend to agree, but do they fit into the budget?

If not, looking at that class of speaker, the obvious choice would be the BMR Philharmonitor. Likely superior for less money. How does the wife feel about piano black? Just get a third one for a center channel. It's what I plan on doing when funds allow.

They can be ordered with a front port if you want to place them close to a wall. The wait time will be much longer however because those cabinets are custom made. The ones shown on the website are pretty much ready to go.

You should think about your output needs, however. These are speakers that will neutrally and faithfully reproduce just about any material, but they probably are not your speaker for reference level playback of movies. But if 90-95dB or so is enough (that's louder than I listen), then they will do great. And, the bass extension is into the low 30s so you have plenty of crossover options depending how your room affects your bass.

That should leave money for surrounds.
Some of the above ONWALL options with for a front CLR would be $2 to $2.5K....The Sierra's with a Horizon center would go for right under $3k. I don't mind going up a little if the upgrade is as good as the reviews I've read. While I prefer to keep it at $10K, if I stretch a little to get a huge improvement, then ok....The BMR is nice, but bulky....it is 10" wide & 14" Deep...vs 7.5" and 10".
post #54 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigpig View Post
Totem Tribe V on-wall speakers: https://totemacoustic.com/en/tribe-v
Wouldn't 3 Tribe Vs be upwards of $5K + ?
post #55 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh and Ascend has partnered with Ryhtmik making it easy to get speakers and subs
wow didn't know that...One shop, $5600 later and 2xFV15HPs, 2 Sierra Towers and a Sierra Horizon center....about $5K left for Receiver + 4 x Surrounds and 4 x in-ceiling Heights....would love to find a place in DFW to test drive the Sierras....
post #56 of 197 Old 01-18-2019, 10:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
wow didn't know that...One shop, $5600 later and 2xFV15HPs, 2 Sierra Towers and a Sierra Horizon center....about $5K left for Receiver + 4 x Surrounds and 4 x in-ceiling Heights....would love to find a place in DFW to test drive the Sierras....
The Sierra Towers come with the RAAL tweeter as a $700 upgrade option but well worth it and will match better with the Horizon center. Awesome choices BTW!
post #57 of 197 Old 01-19-2019, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
I posted a question about Receivers in the Receiver's thread thinking I was set with KEF T305s but I have been told I could do a lot better than that. Need suggestion from the pros here.

I have a new room for an "almost fully" dedicated HT with 2 rows of seating (also Gaming Room) (Room is 9'5"H x 15'5"W x 24'3" L). Set up is 3 Screens on one Wall (50" TV - 75" TV - 50" TV) each with its own XBOX ONE X so that my son and his buddies can play games at the same time (and me too sometimes and I can watch 3 games at same time on Sat and Sundays. PLUS a motorized large AT screen that drops in front of the TVs for Movies (to be played mainly from an Oppo UHD player, XBOX ONE X an sometimes from an Apple TV).

80% for Movies and 20% for Weekend Football/Soccer live events and some gaming.

I'm looking to put together a 7.2.4 ATMOS system and I'm shopping for a Receiver and Speakers Combo. On the Speakers front, given the 3 TVs are on the same wall, I only have space for thin on wall front speakers on L/R like SML XLs, Mythos, KEF t301s. I actually have 11 inches between each TV to hang a Speaker. The 3 TVs are all leveled at the bottom.

I was budgeting about $3500 for Receiver (Anthem MRX 1120 or Integra R1 or ?) and $6500 for Speakers.

I'm looking for suggestions on all 11 speakers and 2 Subs under my budget. The only ones that I need to be thin on wall speakers are the L and R Front Speakers that will go around a 75".

Your help is truly appreciated.

Thank you in advance...
That's not much bigger than my room, 10k might be a waste of money, I think you could get a highend experience in that room for way under 3k.
post #58 of 197 Old 01-19-2019, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

If you interested in my thoughts......inbox me
post #59 of 197 Old 01-19-2019, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Murderousone View Post
If you interested in my thoughts......inbox me
Why not spell it out here? I am sure all would be interested in cost savings. Please do share
post #60 of 197 Old 01-19-2019, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocrh View Post
Why not spell it out here? I am sure all would be interested in cost savings. Please do share
My recommendations can be somewhat contraversal on this site......that said here are my thoughts....

I would start with two- four of these with your budget, these things sounds amazing for the money and will get the job done.

$800-$1600

https://rslspeakers.com/products/rsl...tfkaR1jWHneOYA

If you want MONSTER Deep bass go with two of these HSU VTF-15's instead for about $1800

INTEGRA
DTR-70.1 9.2-Ch x 140 Watts THX Networking A/V Receiver
http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-15hmk2.html

$450 shipped and she does it all and sounds amazing!

https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...eceiver/1.html

The Fluance signature series speakers are amazing period!

$1200 ALL seven speakers

https://www.fluance.com/signature-se...ystem-blackash

This system would be Amazing, and provide a highend experiene. I recently had a chance to do a direct head to head comparison with the signatures vs Sonus faber Venere S and B&W 802D, The sig's

held there own man. Here's a pic from the listening test........To the OP your going to get a lot opinions on here telling you to use most or all of your budget and I'm here to tell you that would in fact

likely be waste of your money
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Signature vs Faber vs Diamond.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	2513086  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
7.2.4 atmos , anthem mrx , Integra , Martin Logan , Paradigm