Borresen Acoustics Owners Thread... The Next Level - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 101Likes

post #1 of 118 Old 02-10-2019, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Lightbulb Borresen Acoustics Owners Thread... The Next Level

Here's the first videos on these all new Borresen speakers... The Next Level!

Borresen Acoustics 03's

Borresen Acoustics 01's

Here's Borresen Acoustics Web Site

https://borresen-acoustics.com/

Here's Borresen Acoustics Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/BorresenAudio/

More feedback on these all new Borresen speakers here on page 86 and up

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...thread-86.html
shivaji likes this.

Last edited by musicman777; 02-11-2019 at 12:15 PM. Reason: More Info...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 118 Old 02-11-2019, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I got to see and hear the BØRRESEN 01 speakers at the Florida Audio Expo this past weekend.

My friend and I arrived to there room and they sat us down in the sweet spot and Lars started playing the music. Apparently I had a big goofy smile on my face the whole time cause Lars pointed it out.

After a few songs more people showed up to hear the infectious sound coming from the room.

When the songs finished Lars started his presentation/lecture about the tech behind these speakers. They had a demo tweeter membrane and woofer cone they let us touch. I didn't record Lars' speech but he said they are using F1 Car tech in there speakers.

As with any audio show you leave the room with the audiophile high but as I was going from room to room hearing all the different speakers I couldn't get past how good and clean the BØRRESEN 01s sounded. My buddy and I took a break in the hallway and we both came to the same conclusion; we had just touched and heard the one of the best tweeters in the world.

So enough with hyperbole, I'm now trying to figure out what I need to do to afford a pair.

H

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1090.png
Views:	114
Size:	8.83 MB
ID:	2524074  
post #3 of 118 Old 02-11-2019, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1132 Post(s)
Liked: 827
I have ordered a pair of 03's. My local dealer is NextLevel and he has all 3 models in his shop for demo. I currently own Raidho D3.1's and the 03 has so much more clarity/detail and dynamics. Smoother and more 'airy' highs too. The 3.1's sound muffled after hearing the 03's. The 03's are also much more efficient by 4-5db. I did a demo of one D3.1 and one 03 in the system and you couldn't hear the 3.1 from the sweet spot. If I stood directly in front of the 3.1 I could hear both. Truly amazing. Hope to have my 03's early March.

@hmoney001 there are no discounts on the Borresen speakers. I will miss the D3.1 cabinets though. Pretty cabinets unfortunately don't add to the SQ.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6925.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	595.9 KB
ID:	2524470  
shivaji likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 118 Old 02-11-2019, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2066 Post(s)
Liked: 2196
No fvcking way those little standmounts are worth 30K...that's a joke.
openbaffled and steven59 like this.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL T/9i | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
post #5 of 118 Old 02-11-2019, 07:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
No fvcking way those little standmounts are worth 30K...that's a joke.
Have you even heard them yet?
post #6 of 118 Old 02-11-2019, 08:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1783 Post(s)
Liked: 1479
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmoney001 View Post
I got to see and hear the BØRRESEN 01 speakers at the Florida Audio Expo this past weekend.

My friend and I arrived to there room and they sat us down in the sweet spot and Lars started playing the music. Apparently I had a big goofy smile on my face the whole time cause Lars pointed it out.

After a few songs more people showed up to hear the infectious sound coming from the room.

When the songs finished Lars started his presentation/lecture about the tech behind these speakers. They had a demo tweeter membrane and woofer cone they let us touch. I didn't record Lars' speech but he said they are using F1 Car tech in there speakers.

As with any audio show you leave the room with the audiophile high but as I was going from room to room hearing all the different speakers I couldn't get past how good and clean the BØRRESEN 01s sounded. My buddy and I took a break in the hallway and we both came to the same conclusion; we had just touched and heard the one of the best tweeters in the world.

So enough with hyperbole, I'm now trying to figure out what I need to do to afford a pair.

H

You're lucky, I was at the show and it was one of the rooms I was most looking forward to. Unfortunately even though I spend about half an hour in that room they barely played the speakers, and he spent 99% of the time pitching all of the Ansuz power conditioners and power cables. He'd switch some power blocks around, play 15 seconds of music, switch to a different power block, play another 15 seconds and go on about how each changed the sound. I couldn't really hear a difference, but I was way off-axis because for some reason there was a rapt audience happy to sit there dumbfounded while he talked about power cords. The whole experience really soured me Borresen. It's a shame, because at Axpona I do remember him having a lot of great things to day about the Raidho speakers he had on display (which sounded amazing) and he clearly has a lot of technical knowledge and loves what he does, I just wish he'd leave the power-cable tomfoolery alone and stick with the meat of the matter.

HT: Sony 940C, Oppo 203, Harman/Kardon DPR1001, Infinity Interlude IL40 x2, Infinity Interlude IL36C, Infinity MS-1 ii x2, Infinity MSW-1
Computer: Elac Uni-Fi UB5 x2, Elac Element EA101EQ integrated amp, SVS SB-12NSD
Dedicated 2-channel: Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t towers, Bluesound Node 2, Emotiva PT-100, Crown XLS 1502, Furman PL-8C
post #7 of 118 Old 02-12-2019, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuteTibiImperes View Post
You're lucky, I was at the show and it was one of the rooms I was most looking forward to. Unfortunately even though I spend about half an hour in that room they barely played the speakers, and he spent 99% of the time pitching all of the Ansuz power conditioners and power cables. He'd switch some power blocks around, play 15 seconds of music, switch to a different power block, play another 15 seconds and go on about how each changed the sound. I couldn't really hear a difference, but I was way off-axis because for some reason there was a rapt audience happy to sit there dumbfounded while he talked about power cords. The whole experience really soured me Borresen. It's a shame, because at Axpona I do remember him having a lot of great things to day about the Raidho speakers he had on display (which sounded amazing) and he clearly has a lot of technical knowledge and loves what he does, I just wish he'd leave the power-cable tomfoolery alone and stick with the meat of the matter.
Lars sure can talk up a storm. I did have a private demo with both Mike Borresen and Lars at Nextlevel with a similar set up the day before a public demo. Those are the prototype Supreme Ansuz products he was talking about. They really are incredible. I was in the sweet spot when Lars swapped out the Mainz D-TC power bar with the Supreme. The first thing that I noticed was how much louder the music played at the same level on the pre amp. I would say at least 2db louder. Then you realized how much the noise floor dropped resulting in much more clarity and detail. Then he swapped out the D-TC power cord for the Supreme. Pretty much the same thing - louder and more detail and clarity with added layers of resolution too in both cases. Then he replaced the digital cable and last the interconnects. With those the music didn't get louder but you defiantly heard more layers of resolution. When he was done those 01's almost had the mid range clarity of the 03's. The 01's had greater dynamics when done.

The day of the demo all the Supreme prototypes were still in. Started with the 01's followed by the 02's and last were the 03's. Then Lars added a second D-TC power bar in series and started going through all the different power cables feeding it.Like you I could hardly hear any differences but if you squint you could hear some very minor differences. That day I sat way off axis to let other folks sit more in the sweet spot.

That said although the Borresen speakers are new the cables and power bar are even newer.
post #8 of 118 Old 02-12-2019, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1783 Post(s)
Liked: 1479
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Lars sure can talk up a storm. I did have a private demo with both Mike Borresen and Lars at Nextlevel with a similar set up the day before a public demo. Those are the prototype Supreme Ansuz products he was talking about. They really are incredible. I was in the sweet spot when Lars swapped out the Mainz D-TC power bar with the Supreme. The first thing that I noticed was how much louder the music played at the same level on the pre amp. I would say at least 2db louder. Then you realized how much the noise floor dropped resulting in much more clarity and detail. Then he swapped out the D-TC power cord for the Supreme. Pretty much the same thing - louder and more detail and clarity with added layers of resolution too in both cases. Then he replaced the digital cable and last the interconnects. With those the music didn't get louder but you defiantly heard more layers of resolution. When he was done those 01's almost had the mid range clarity of the 03's. The 01's had greater dynamics when done.

The day of the demo all the Supreme prototypes were still in. Started with the 01's followed by the 02's and last were the 03's. Then Lars added a second D-TC power bar in series and started going through all the different power cables feeding it.Like you I could hardly hear any differences but if you squint you could hear some very minor differences. That day I sat way off axis to let other folks sit more in the sweet spot.

That said although the Borresen speakers are new the cables and power bar are even newer.
My view is that your electronics should have the necessary power filtration and regulation circuitry inside of the, so that there should be no audible improvement from fancy power conditioners. If it takes thousands of dollars of power filtration to make your electronics work at their best then those electronics have serious design faults.
DS-21 and Laika like this.

HT: Sony 940C, Oppo 203, Harman/Kardon DPR1001, Infinity Interlude IL40 x2, Infinity Interlude IL36C, Infinity MS-1 ii x2, Infinity MSW-1
Computer: Elac Uni-Fi UB5 x2, Elac Element EA101EQ integrated amp, SVS SB-12NSD
Dedicated 2-channel: Infinity Intermezzo 4.1t towers, Bluesound Node 2, Emotiva PT-100, Crown XLS 1502, Furman PL-8C
post #9 of 118 Old 02-12-2019, 06:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuteTibiImperes View Post
My view is that your electronics should have the necessary power filtration and regulation circuitry inside of the, so that there should be no audible improvement from fancy power conditioners. If it takes thousands of dollars of power filtration to make your electronics work at their best then those electronics have serious design faults.
That would be nice if amps had the power filtration but none has. Manufacturers care about profit not what power cords or filtration they provide for example. Please tell me what electronic manufacture does NOT benefit from aftermarket power cords or conditioners.
Thanks
post #10 of 118 Old 02-12-2019, 07:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Have you even heard them yet?
Where in socal can I hear them?

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL T/9i | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
post #11 of 118 Old 02-12-2019, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Arrow

Here's more on their Ansuz Cables!..

Here's more on Aavik Amps

Last edited by musicman777; 02-13-2019 at 06:15 AM.
post #12 of 118 Old 02-13-2019, 04:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Where in socal can I hear them?
No dealers there yet. If you went to the RMAF they had all 3 models.
post #13 of 118 Old 02-19-2019, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Something new - The 05 has 4 - 8" and 2 - 4 1/2" drivers. No specs or anything yet but I would guess about 5 1/2' tall
Just found out they are 1.55M tall or about 5'1"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Borresen-Acoustics-Model-05-Loudspeakers.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	2528048   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slim-profile-means-the-Borresen-05-speakers-are-domestic-friendly-and-can-sit-comfortably-in-mos.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	2528050  

Last edited by OctaDyn_Dude; 02-20-2019 at 05:58 AM.
post #14 of 118 Old 02-19-2019, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Proper 3 way?

post #15 of 118 Old 02-19-2019, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Proper 3 way?
No 2 1/2 way.
post #16 of 118 Old 02-20-2019, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Speakers for the 1%. For me much of the appreciation of buying something for myself as reward for some imagined hardship and I was wondering if being able to obtain unobtainium takes the fun out of it? On my level,the 99%, personally being able to own speakers I could only previously dream of owning has taken the much of the excitement out of it. or i'm just old.

Meridian dsp8000se upgrade, Vienna acoustics Beethoven's, Hegel H360, Roon Nucleus, Rega jupiter cd, Revox s26 tuner,
post #17 of 118 Old 02-20-2019, 05:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven59 View Post
Speakers for the 1%. For me much of the appreciation of buying something for myself as reward for some imagined hardship and I was wondering if being able to obtain unobtainium takes the fun out of it? On my level,the 99%, personally being able to own speakers I could only previously dream of owning has taken the much of the excitement out of it. or i'm just old.
Steve I'm old too. I don't want to miss out on sound quality I've only dreamed about. That said because I'm older this will be the endgame for me regarding speakers. I thought the 03 was going to be just a slight improvement over the Raidho D3.1's. The 3.1's was supposed to be my endgame. They are incredible but the 03's are so much more than that. At least to me and in the end that's all that counts. Will there are going to be more improvements - I'm sure there will be. Probably not at the level the D3.1 to 03 brings. It is just a hobby but my only one. I worked hard and saved many pennies over many years to get where I'm at. Time for me to enjoy my hobby .
shivaji and steven59 like this.
post #18 of 118 Old 02-21-2019, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

An unofficial artist rendering showing the entire speaker is below.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Borresen-Acoustics-Model-05-Loudspeaker-1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	2529056  
post #19 of 118 Old 02-21-2019, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Steve I'm old too. I don't want to miss out on sound quality I've only dreamed about. That said because I'm older this will be the endgame for me regarding speakers. I thought the 03 was going to be just a slight improvement over the Raidho D3.1's. The 3.1's was supposed to be my endgame. They are incredible but the 03's are so much more than that. At least to me and in the end that's all that counts. Will there are going to be more improvements - I'm sure there will be. Probably not at the level the D3.1 to 03 brings. It is just a hobby but my only one. I worked hard and saved many pennies over many years to get where I'm at. Time for me to enjoy my hobby .

Two big thumbs up!!
post #20 of 118 Old 02-21-2019, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Wink

I let a little jealousy slip out there. My bad, I don't know you personally tho' you've been helpful on avs and didn't intend to be hurtful with my 1% crack . In my circle friends and family look at me and my collection of indulgences like i'm a fool and I hope you didn't take it that way. I actually wasn't speaking towards anyone.Many companies have their statement product followed by more affordable speakers for the masses. I had hoped Borrenson was going to be that product, not scansonic, but hi-end raidho with smaller margins. If you need an extra pair of hands setting them up
OctaDyn_Dude likes this.

Meridian dsp8000se upgrade, Vienna acoustics Beethoven's, Hegel H360, Roon Nucleus, Rega jupiter cd, Revox s26 tuner,

Last edited by steven59; 02-21-2019 at 10:50 AM. Reason: three's the charm
post #21 of 118 Old 02-22-2019, 05:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Looks like the Borresen 01's did very well at the Florida Audio Expo

http://www.avshowrooms.com/florida-a...nKEfbhEfTFOEkQ
post #22 of 118 Old 02-22-2019, 05:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven59 View Post
I let a little jealousy slip out there. My bad, I don't know you personally tho' you've been helpful on avs and didn't intend to be hurtful with my 1% crack . In my circle friends and family look at me and my collection of indulgences like i'm a fool and I hope you didn't take it that way. I actually wasn't speaking towards anyone.Many companies have their statement product followed by more affordable speakers for the masses. I had hoped Borrenson was going to be that product, not scansonic, but hi-end raidho with smaller margins. If you need an extra pair of hands setting them up
Steve I never took that comment as hurtful in any way. I've heard a lot worse from other members. I just find it a shame when other members call me out for having a higher end system than theirs. Honestly it has caused some to stop posting. I think that is a also a shame. But don't worry I won't stop posting. Believe it or not I sometimes like those comments.

You sir - I commend you for this response and Thank You
post #23 of 118 Old 02-22-2019, 06:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Did you get your bore-a-sons yet?

post #24 of 118 Old 02-22-2019, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Arrow

Quote:
Looks like the Borresen 01's did very well at the Florida Audio Expo

http://www.avshowrooms.com/florida-a...nKEfbhEfTFOEkQ

shivaji likes this.
post #25 of 118 Old 02-23-2019, 04:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Did you get your bore-a-sons yet?
Supposed to ship in 3 weeks along with my power cord. Tyler should get his 05's in the same shipment. The 05's will be at Axpona.
post #26 of 118 Old 02-27-2019, 05:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #27 of 118 Old 04-03-2019, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

My 03's arrived last night. I'll try and get some pictures soon. I have just 25 hrs on them now. All I can say is they blow away the D3.1's in every way and they still have to break in. The transients are so much faster. Bass is deeper and tighter. Mids have much better attack and decay. The highs do need to settle down a bit but even now they are about equal to broken in D series. I've heard out of the box and broken in with several Borresen speakers. They only get a world better when broken in. The Borresen speakers are also much more efficient. I can't believe how much louder these puppies can play. Dynamics are also a world better as a result.
shivaji and jnelson2000 like this.
post #28 of 118 Old 04-03-2019, 07:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 556 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
My 03's arrived last night. I'll try and get some pictures soon. I have just 25 hrs on them now. All I can say is they blow away the D3.1's in every way and they still have to break in. The transients are so much faster. Bass is deeper and tighter. Mids have much better attack and decay. The highs do need to settle down a bit but even now they are about equal to broken in D series. I've heard out of the box and broken in with several Borresen speakers. They only get a world better when broken in. The Borresen speakers are also much more efficient. I can't believe how much louder these puppies can play. Dynamics are also a world better as a result.

Nice to hear George. Congrats. Was this before or after the Hopsmack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony XBR-65A1E, XBR-55A1E, Marantz AV8805, AV7704
Naim SN2, Hi-Cap DR, ND5XS2, Naim Unity Core, Emotiva XPA-9, A-5175
Dynaudio Contour 30, Focus 210C, IC17, S4-W80, Emit 10, 2X JTR S1, SVS SB-2000
Panasonic UBD-820, Bluesound Node 2i, Ansuz Mainz C2 Power Distribution,X Power and speaker cables
post #29 of 118 Old 04-04-2019, 04:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
Nice to hear George. Congrats. Was this before or after the Hopsmack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had an Old Style before they arrived but Hopsmack after they were installed
post #30 of 118 Old 04-04-2019, 05:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Here is a couple of pictures
I still don't why the attach sideways
Attached Thumbnails