Matching surrounds and Atmos to the rest - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-14-2019, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Surrounds for KEF fronts and Denon 3500H

Hello All,

Could you please help me choose surrounds and atmos speakers for my HT? I have Denon 3500H, KEF Q550 towers, R200c center, SVS PB1000 sub. I need a pair of rear and a pair of in-ceiling atmos speakers. My understanding is that these don't have to be hifi's like the KEFs. Correct me if I am wrong. What brand of speakers might pair well with the rest of the items? Is budget speakers an option?

Thank you!

Last edited by chinna6; 02-14-2019 at 07:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-14-2019, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 2969 Post(s)
Liked: 2738
You can go budget with Monoprice for the in-ceiling and surround speakers. A bit more $, with higher quality, would be the RSL CG3 and C34e in-ceiling speakers. As for matching the fronts, that is not really an issue unless you are a big gamer or into 4 channel music. Most modern receivers alter the output of the speakers to better match each other ... unless you have a huge mismatch in speaker type, you should be fine.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...-speakers.html

https://rslspeakers.com

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-14-2019, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 43
If you are interested in the Monoprice 8” I will give you a screaming deal.

I bought 4 of them, in the interim decided to go with Klipsch CDT 5800-ii and never took the Monoprices out of the box.

Because there was nothing faulty with the speakers, I would have had to pay 50.00 to send them back and figured I would just keep and put them to use somehow.

These are in-ceiling speakers.

I would say I spent more than I needed to, as the Atmos speakers are never under high demand. With that being said, I haven’t heard the Monoprice speakers....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-14-2019, 09:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 3472 Post(s)
Liked: 2933
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinna6 View Post
Hello All,

Could you please help me choose surrounds and atmos speakers for my HT? I have Denon 3500H, KEF Q550 towers, R200c center, SVS PB1000 sub. I need a pair of rear and a pair of in-ceiling atmos speakers. My understanding is that these don't have to be hifi's like the KEFs. Correct me if I am wrong. What brand of speakers might pair well with the rest of the items? Is budget speakers an option?

Thank you!
It's always best to match whenever possible, but it isn't as critical as matching the front 3. Depending on your budget and where you're located, A4L have Kef in ceiling speakers at reduced prices.
https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...1.html?brand_f[]=KEF

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, Kef Kube 10B (X2) , Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216 THX, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: Kef Q100 ,JBL Loft 20, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
atmos , Denon , Kef , surround , Svs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page