AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Speakers (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/)
-   -   Internet speaker and subwoofer locations in US/Canada for your future reference (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/3054550-internet-speaker-subwoofer-locations-us-canada-your-future-reference.html)

gajCA 03-05-2019 11:58 AM

Internet speaker and subwoofer locations in US/Canada for your future reference
 
Feel free to add new ones to the list; I've only narrowed it down to nearest large city but easy enough to find the actual address if need be.

Obviously if you live near one of these vendors easier to audition and avoid return shipping charges though several do offer free return shipping.

Those are marked with an asterisk.

I've also included the Crutchfield store location due to the huge number of brands they carry.

Before visiting anyone but Crutchfield I'd call first as some need you to make an appointment.


APERION* NEAR PORTLAND OREGON

ASCEND** NEAR LOS ANGELES

AXIOM NEAR TORONTO

CHANE TAMPA FLORIDA

CRUTCHFIELD CHARLOTTTESVILLE VIRGINIA

DEEP SEA SOUND SUBS NEAR KNOXVILLE

EMOTIVA NEAR NASHVILLE

FLUANCE NEAR TORONTO

FUNK AUDIO NEAR VANCOUVER

HSU NEAR LOS ANGELES

HTD* NEAR DALLAS

JTR NEAR MILWAUKEE

NHT NEAR SAN FRANCISCO

OHM BROOKLYN

PSA NEAR CLEVELAND

RBH NEAR SALT LAKE CITY

RHYTHMIK SUBS NEAR AUSTIN

RSL* NEAR LOS ANGELES

SALK AUDIO PONTIAC MICHIGAN

SEATON SOUND NEAR CHICAGO

SELAH AUDIO NEAR RALEIGH NC

SVS* NEAR CLEVELAND

TEKTON NEAR PROVO

TYLER ACOUSTICS NEAR LOUISVILLE


* free return shipping
**Ascend also carries Rhythmik subwoofers on site

cocrh 03-05-2019 12:01 PM

Nice! Thanks Geoff.

Russdawg1 03-05-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajCA (Post 57697772)
Feel free to add new ones to the list; I've only narrowed it down to nearest large city but easy enough to find the actual address if need be.



Obviously if you live near one of these vendors easier to audition and avoid return shipping charges though several do offer free return shipping.



Those are marked with an asterisk.



I've also included the Crutchfield store location due to the huge number of brands they carry.



APERION*NEAR PORTLAND OREGON

ASCENDNEAR LOS ANGELES

AXIOMNEAR TORONTO

CHANETAMPA FLORIDA

CRUTCHFIELDCHARLOTTTESVILLE VIRGINIA

EMOTIVANEAR NASHVILLE

HSUNEAR LOS ANGELES

HTD*NEAR DALLAS

NHTNEAR SAN FRANCISCO

PSANEAR CLEVELAND

RBHNEAR SALT LAKE CITY

RHYTHMIKNEAR AUSTIN

RSL*NEAR LOS ANGELES

SVS*NEAR CLEVELAND




* free return shipping


Very nice. Maybe include JTR?

gajCA 03-05-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russdawg1 (Post 57697834)
Very nice. Maybe include JTR?

Done.

BTW, I know you just got a Parasound integrated amp; seems that they are in San Francisco.

gajCA 03-05-2019 12:15 PM

Fun fact, Axiom Audio's founder worked under Floyd Toole!

Russdawg1 03-05-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajCA (Post 57697888)
Done.



BTW, I know you just got a Parasound integrated amp; seems that they are in San Francisco.


Parasound is in SF, but it was a two channel amp, not an Integrated. I used a Denon as my Preamp for testing. Was fun. Will be returning though :) Considering the Halo Integrated but the look of separates is irresistible.

zieglj01 03-05-2019 12:16 PM

What one can do when they are retired -- explore the audio world map -- good job

Russdawg1 03-05-2019 12:16 PM

@gajCA Also what about Selah Audio?

And does Dennis even have a home base for Philharmonic Audio?

cocrh 03-05-2019 12:18 PM

Selah Audio is in Garner, NC near Raleigh

gajCA 03-05-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russdawg1 (Post 57697908)
@gajCA Also what about Selah Audio?

And does Dennis even have a home base for Philharmonic Audio?

Will add.

Don't want to add Philharmonic Audio until Dennis returns from his well earned sabbatical.

gajCA 03-05-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zieglj01 (Post 57697904)
What one can do when they are retired -- explore the audio world map -- good job

Ha ha, so true.

If I was single I'd rent an RV and hit ALL these guys!

What a trip that would be...I'd stick my DRZ400SM moto on the back just for fun.

Billy p 03-05-2019 02:21 PM

62 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gajCA (Post 57697948)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zieglj01 (Post 57697904)
What one can do when they are retired -- explore the audio world map -- good job

Ha ha, so true.

If I was single I'd rent an RV and hit ALL these guys!

What a trip that would be...I'd stick my DRZ400SM moto on the back just for fun.

Agreed...I would love to fly out to San Clemente and visit the Ascend facility....talk shop perhaps and visit their demo room. The one place I've visited on that list was PSA....in Mineral Ridge Ohio. Talked with Jim for a bit...they were busy getting their new speakers(at the time) tested and ready for the public.

My road trips now mostly consist of triple D's....being all over the eastern States....checking out great foods with the missus....road trips are so much fun...[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

fatbulkexpanse 03-05-2019 03:14 PM

Tekton, Wilson, and Zu are in Utah. I have no idea whether any of them have any sort of showroom.

GIEGAR 03-08-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajCA (Post 57697772)
Feel free to add new ones to the list...

A few more Geoff:

  • Fluance near Toronto

  • Funk Audio near Vancouver

  • Seaton Sound near Chicago

  • Deep Sea Sound in Knoxville

  • Tyler Acoustics** near Louisville

[** Surprised we rarely hear about Tyler on AVS, particularly their Pro Dynamics range with top notch Eminence drivers.]

zieglj01 03-08-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIEGAR (Post 57717280)
[LIST]
[*]Deep Sea Sound in Knoxville

Only 4000 watts, and 135 lbs -- but not bad looking -- and 17 hz
https://www.deepseasound.com/product...s-18-subwoofer

GIEGAR 03-08-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zieglj01 (Post 57717318)
Only 4000 watts, and 135 lbs -- but not bad looking -- and 17 hz
https://www.deepseasound.com/product...s-18-subwoofer

DSS offer a side table option too. :D

Russdawg1 03-08-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zieglj01 (Post 57717318)
Only 4000 watts, and 135 lbs -- but not bad looking -- and 17 hz

https://www.deepseasound.com/product...s-18-subwoofer


3/4” Baltic Birch is no joke. At that price point however...

zieglj01 03-08-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russdawg1 (Post 57717402)
3/4” Baltic Birch is no joke. At that price point however...

That thing is well built -- it should shake some places and scare some people -- for that group of people who do not mind spending some money and do not live in an apartment.😊😁

zieglj01 03-08-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIEGAR (Post 57717354)
DSS offer a side table option too. :D

Mercy!

Billy p 03-08-2019 09:04 PM

62 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Russdawg1 (Post 57717402)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zieglj01 (Post 57717318)
Only 4000 watts, and 135 lbs -- but not bad looking -- and 17 hz

https://www.deepseasound.com/product...s-18-subwoofer


3/4” Baltic Birch is no joke. At that price point however...

Not sure there is any audible advantage to BB.... it's much lighter and stronger than mdf...and able to grab & hold nails better...I reckon if your spending $$....on a sub....I suppose only the best material will suffice...in these instances.

Russdawg1 03-08-2019 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy p (Post 57717588)
Not sure there is any audible advantage to BB.... it's much lighter and stronger than mdf...and able to grab & hold nails better...I reckon if your spending $$....on a sub....I suppose only the best material will suffice...in these instances.


It’s stronger than MDF, so in reality it’ll reduce any possible cabinet resonance, if any, since it should be well braced at this price.

Billy p 03-08-2019 09:32 PM

62 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Russdawg1 (Post 57717642)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy p (Post 57717588)
Not sure there is any audible advantage to BB.... it's much lighter and stronger than mdf...and able to grab & hold nails better...I reckon if your spending $$....on a sub....I suppose only the best material will suffice...in these instances.


It’s stronger than MDF, so in reality it’ll reduce any possible cabinet resonance, if any, since it should be well braced at this price.

Resonance imo...in a sub is less an issue vs. say full range or tower speaker. Woodworking skills is required when using ply because of the seams or exposed corners...making it more labor intensive...thus the higher cost. IK...Nathan like to use wood inlays for this reason plus the weight reduction helps with shipping cost...it's all relative...

gajCA 03-09-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIEGAR (Post 57717280)
A few more Geoff:

  • Fluance near Toronto

  • Funk Audio near Vancouver

  • Seaton Sound near Chicago

  • Deep Sea Sound in Knoxville

  • Tyler Acoustics** near Louisville

[** Surprised we rarely hear about Tyler on AVS, particularly their Pro Dynamics range with top notch Eminence drivers.]

OK, thanks.

Russdawg1 03-09-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy p (Post 57717662)
Resonance imo...in a sub is less an issue vs. say full range or tower speaker. Woodworking skills is required when using ply because of the seams or exposed corners...making it more labor intensive...thus the higher cost. IK...Nathan like to use wood inlays for this reason plus the weight reduction helps with shipping cost...it's all relative...


Well maybe they just want a reason to jack up their margins :)

But yes plywood is definitely harder to use than MDF. I’ve used both, never tried finishing my builds though. Too much expense and work for something that doesn’t affect performance. Although I will say I prefer Plywood over MDF because it doesn’t turn my garage light brown when I do cuts and sand.

gajCA 03-09-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy p (Post 57717662)
Resonance imo...in a sub is less an issue vs. say full range or tower speaker. Woodworking skills is required when using ply because of the seams or exposed corners...making it more labor intensive...thus the higher cost. IK...Nathan like to use wood inlays for this reason plus the weight reduction helps with shipping cost...it's all relative...

Absolutely.

In real terms my very first 5.1 system cost $10,500 in today's money but back then if you wanted to play you had to pay as the concept was in its infancy and the standalone processor alone would cost $1500 or so in today's money.

Despite my net worth being 10+ times greater today I would not invest even half that if my entire main system were stolen today.

Simply no need for my needs in my 200 sq/ft room that is an actual living space.

Mind you even $10,500 is peanuts for the top 10 percenters on AVS and more power to them! :p

gajCA 05-16-2019 01:17 PM

Updated:

ACCESSORIES 4 LESS*** NEAR ORLANDO FLORIDA
APERION* NEAR PORTLAND OREGON
ASCEND** NEAR LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA
CHANE TAMPA FLORIDA
CRUTCHFIELD*** CHARLOTTESVILLE VIRGINIA
DEEP SEA SOUND SUBS NEAR KNOXVILLE TENNESSEE
DIYSOUND GROUP CINCINNATI OHIO
EMOTIVA NEAR NASHVILLE TENNESSEE
HSU NEAR LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA
HTD* NEAR DALLAS TEXAS
JTR NEAR MILWAUKEE WISCONSIN
MONOPRICE NEAR RIVERSIDE CALIFORNIA
NHT NEAR SAN FRANCISCO CALIFORNIA
OHM BROOKLYN NEW YORK
PSA NEAR YOUNGSTOWN OHIO
RBH NEAR SALT LAKE CITY UTAH
RHYTHMIK SUBS NEAR AUSTIN TEXAS
RSL* NEAR LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA
SALK AUDIO PONTIAC MICHIGAN
SEATON SOUND NEAR CHICAGO ILLINOIS
SELAH AUDIO NEAR RALEIGH NORTH CAROLINA
SVS* YOUNGSTOWN OHIO
TEKTON NEAR PROVO UTAH
TRIAD PORTLAND OREGON
TYLER ACOUSTICS NEAR LOUISVILLE KENTUCKY
WORLDWIDE STEREO*** NEAR PHILADELPHIA PENNSYLVANIA

CANADIAN MANUFACTURERS
AXIOM NEAR TORONTO CANADA
FLUANCE NEAR TORONTO CANADA
FUNK AUDIO NEAR VANCOUVER CANADA
PARADIGM NEAR TORONTO CANADA
PSB NEAR TORONTO CANADA
TOTEM NEAR MONTREAL CANADA

* free return shipping
**Ascend also carries Rhythmik subwoofers on site
***retail outlet of many brands


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.