• 1 Post By m0j0

post #1 of 6 Old 03-07-2019, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Atmos speaker stands?

Hello All,

I am going to be finalizing my first full setup of my home theater. I currently have 5 Chane A series speakers for front L R center and surround L R. I am using a monolith 10" sub and now I am looking to get my height channels/presence channels. Firstly I cannot drill into my walls or ceiling according to the rental agreement. I was considering NHT Superzero 2.1's for my 4 atmos speakers. I have a Yamaha a2070 as the receiver. I need recommendations for a speaker stand that can run up above my front L and R and surround L and R by 3ft so I would need a speaker stand capable of 5ft extension. Or would you recommend I wall mount using many heavy duty command strips as support? I am open to speaker recommendations and stand recommendations and as always I am ever so grateful for every ounce of knowledge and wisdom I receive here.

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-07-2019, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphorios View Post
Hello All,

I am going to be finalizing my first full setup of my home theater. I currently have 5 Chane A series speakers for front L R center and surround L R. I am using a monolith 10" sub and now I am looking to get my height channels/presence channels. Firstly I cannot drill into my walls or ceiling according to the rental agreement. I was considering NHT Superzero 2.1's for my 4 atmos speakers. I have a Yamaha a2070 as the receiver. I need recommendations for a speaker stand that can run up above my front L and R and surround L and R by 3ft so I would need a speaker stand capable of 5ft extension. Or would you recommend I wall mount using many heavy duty command strips as support? I am open to speaker recommendations and stand recommendations and as always I am ever so grateful for every ounce of knowledge and wisdom I receive here.

Thanks all!

Have you considered upward firing atmos enabled speakers?
post #3 of 6 Old 03-07-2019, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0j0 View Post
Have you considered upward firing atmos enabled speakers?
everybody I have spoken to and all the research ive done shows In Ceiling>Upper Wall Mounted/Stand>Upfiring. I would much rather have a small bookshelf speaker placed as heights rather than upfiring. Upfiring is a last resort if there are no other viable options. Thanks though =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-07-2019, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphorios View Post
everybody I have spoken to and all the research ive done shows In Ceiling>Upper Wall Mounted/Stand>Upfiring. I would much rather have a small bookshelf speaker placed as heights rather than upfiring. Upfiring is a last resort if there are no other viable options. Thanks though =)

I completely agree. Just wanted to make sure you're aware of the option in the event that you could not find a feasible approach to wall mounting your height speakers. Worst case, you start out with some cheaper atmos upfiring modules, then go with an on wall or on/in ceiling approach in the future, when you have a little more flexibility.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-08-2019, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 107
in that case, I'm thinking instead of looking for tall speaker stands, maybe just go for tall but slim(mer) general stands that doubles as home decor and you can place the speakers on top of them with angling pads while getting some additional useful storage utility/room sound treatment.

I'm thinking something like https://www.amazon.com/Furinno-99132...SIN=B004S6L2WW

and they are basically inexpensive ikea/lego pieces you can buy additional set to add pieces to pile on height to your needs. but not knowing your space arrangement you might need even narrower stands.

if not, heavy duty command strips would work with really light speakers, but I'm not sure they can be removed safely without stripping the wall/paint for your rental agreement consideration.

LG OLED C6
Denon X4300h 5.1.4 setup
Sony UBP-X700 (no longer waiting for DV)
post #6 of 6 Old 03-08-2019, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian c 2 View Post
in that case, I'm thinking instead of looking for tall speaker stands, maybe just go for tall but slim(mer) general stands that doubles as home decor and you can place the speakers on top of them with angling pads while getting some additional useful storage utility/room sound treatment.

I'm thinking something like https://www.amazon.com/Furinno-99132...SIN=B004S6L2WW

and they are basically inexpensive ikea/lego pieces you can buy additional set to add pieces to pile on height to your needs. but not knowing your space arrangement you might need even narrower stands.

if not, heavy duty command strips would work with really light speakers, but I'm not sure they can be removed safely without stripping the wall/paint for your rental agreement consideration.
Those are pretty cool. If you could stack them to the ceiling you could definitely use them to place front or rear heights, plus some other decorations or even dvds/cds.
Joshua Chmiel likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page