Upgrade to B&W 7 series - opinions needed - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By Russdawg1
  • 1 Post By Russdawg1
  • 1 Post By Russdawg1
  • 1 Post By MTVhike

post #1 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Upgrade to B&W 7 series - opinions needed

Looking to upgrade my system’s performance with music and went to audition the 700 line. Currently have Mirage Omnisat LCR, Nanosat rears, and the S8 sub.

I heard the 703 and 702, but wasn’t able to directly swap back and forth, heard them sequentially. I didn’t hear a difference but I guess I might have had I been able to repeatedly switch?

I’d also like to consider the 704 due to the smaller footprint but the salesman (who was legit extremely helpful and knowledgeable, not pushy at all) recommended investing in something that would be satisfying for many years (which I agree with).

Any opinions on this? Is there really a perceptible difference between the three for a less critical ear? I will typically be listening to music, various genres, via either Sonos or AirPlay (Spotify) and am unlikely to get into hi res purely due to the convenience factor at least for the time being. Will power these with a Sony STR-DN1080 (would upgrade in the future if there’s a reasonable ROI for doing so). I am attracted to this series because I also want something beautiful; open to other suggestions as well but only something similarly attractive.

Overall, willing to invest in a great system, but only up to the point of diminishing returns. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5326 Post(s)
Liked: 3459
Quote:
Originally Posted by eab6287 View Post
Looking to upgrade my system’s performance with music and went to audition the 700 line. Currently have Mirage Omnisat LCR, Nanosat rears, and the S8 sub.

I heard the 703 and 702, but wasn’t able to directly swap back and forth, heard them sequentially. I didn’t hear a difference but I guess I might have had I been able to repeatedly switch?

I’d also like to consider the 704 due to the smaller footprint but the salesman (who was legit extremely helpful and knowledgeable, not pushy at all) recommended investing in something that would be satisfying for many years (which I agree with).

Any opinions on this? Is there really a perceptible difference between the three for a less critical ear? I will typically be listening to music, various genres, via either Sonos or AirPlay (Spotify) and am unlikely to get into hi res purely due to the convenience factor at least for the time being. Will power these with a Sony STR-DN1080 (would upgrade in the future if there’s a reasonable ROI for doing so). I am attracted to this series because I also want something beautiful; open to other suggestions as well but only something similarly attractive.

Overall, willing to invest in a great system, but only up to the point of diminishing returns. Thanks!
There's a really big difference between the 703s2 and 702s2. The added woofer in the 702s2 brings a lot of warmth and the decoupled tweeter adds a lot of good imaging and helps clarity. I think this is a much larger jump from 703s2 --> 702s2 than 704s2 --> 703s2. I strongly recommend biting the bullet and going 702s2 here.

I got 802d3's a couple years ago and also have a pair of 702s2's as rear surrounds in my theater. I use them for music a lot as well. The 702s2's are my 2nd favorite B&W speaker. For me, I rank them like this:

800d3 (I haven't heard this but assume its great)
802d3
702s2
803d3
805d3
804d3
703s2
705s2
706s2
704s2

Had the 702s2's existed when I bought the 802d3's, I probably would have just gotten 4 702s2 instead. The 802's are better but not $15k better. The 803d3's have improved clarity over the 702s2 and much better sound staging, but the 803d3's are a lot brighter and there's something magic about the mid ranges and warmth of the 702s2 that the 803d3's lack. I think the difference is that I tend not to like continuum speakers smaller than 6".

If the music you like has any amount of drums, bass guitar, low guitar strumming, celo then the 702s2 will be noticeably better than 703s3.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #3 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 1383
I guess I’ll be that dude and say stay away from Best Buy.

I hate the 703’s/most of Best Buy. Very overpriced. I would go in there close to every week to have a listen to B&W because I thought it was the best, then I got a pair of $500 bookshelf’s from Ascend Acoustics (CMT340’s) and the bass was much more articulate, they threw a wider soundstage, and the tweeter wasn’t bright.

Check out the measurements between the two. I hate to judge Speakers by how they measure because most of the time it doesn’t tell the whole story, but it sure as hell tells most of it:

My suggestion? Run. Far away. Lol.

If you have the money to afford B&W, you have the money to afford Revel. Or Ascend Acoustics. Both are much better. But I guess that’s just my opinion.
mbroadus and bear123 like this.

Leave it at 8 ohms and call it a day :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russdawg1 View Post

If you have the money to afford B&W, you have the money to afford Revel. Or Ascend Acoustics. Both are much better. But I guess that’s just my opinion.
Very good advice!

Tony

In search of the Holy Grail.
post #5 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 3408 Post(s)
Liked: 2876
Quote:

Listen to as many speakers as you possibly can. There's a lot of competition and some costing far less than B&W, however if esthetics are important, Kef and Canton would good options and are currently both well below MSRP.
https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...ck-each/1.html
https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...tml#!condition

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: Kef Q100 ,JBL Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #6 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeno View Post
Very good advice!

Thanks!

I was going to be a bit meaner and say “As soon as it says B&W on it, you’ve already passed diminishing returns” :P

post #7 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 10:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2838 Post(s)
Liked: 1810
Quote:
but the salesman (who was legit extremely helpful and knowledgeable, not pushy at all) recommended investing in something that would be satisfying for many years (which I agree with).

Well, that's good advice for sure. Do you have any other dealers in your area? Like pase22 said, listen to as many speakers as possible, even if it means traveling a bit out of your way. Given the investment to satisfy for many years to come, it's worth it to try...

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
post #8 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I hate the 703’s/most of Best Buy. Very overpriced. I would go in there close to every week to have a listen to B&W because I thought it was the best, then I got a pair of $500 bookshelf’s from Ascend Acoustics (CMT340’s) and the bass was much more articulate, they threw a wider soundstage, and the tweeter wasn’t bright.

Check out the measurements between the two. I hate to judge Speakers by how they measure because most of the time it doesn’t tell the whole story, but it sure as hell tells most of it:

The Ascend is not going to work aesthetically unfortunately - understand that a solid chunk of the budget would be going toward build quality / looks and not all into the audio components and I’m okay with that.

I should add that I was at a respectable dealer, not a Best Buy, but understood re the advice to tend to stay away from what Best Buy tends to carry I guess.
post #9 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pase22 View Post
Listen to as many speakers as you possibly can. There's a lot of competition and some costing far less than B&W, however if esthetics are important, Kef and Canton would good options and are currently both well below MSRP.
https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...ck-each/1.html
https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...tml#!condition
Will check out KEF, thanks!
post #10 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 02:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The Ascend is not going to work aesthetically unfortunately - understand that a solid chunk of the budget would be going toward build quality / looks and not all into the audio components and I’m okay with that.

I should add that I was at a respectable dealer, not a Best Buy, but understood re the advice to tend to stay away from what Best Buy tends to carry I guess.

I didn’t mean to recommend that specific Ascend. That is actually what I own. But if you like looks, definitely check out Revel. Their Concerta2 and Performa3 lines are stunning. Will perform much better than B&W and look just as good, if not better.
mbroadus likes this.

post #11 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
There's a really big difference between the 703s2 and 702s2. The added woofer in the 702s2 brings a lot of warmth and the decoupled tweeter adds a lot of good imaging and helps clarity. I think this is a much larger jump from 703s2 --> 702s2 than 704s2 --> 703s2. I strongly recommend biting the bullet and going 702s2 here.

I got 802d3's a couple years ago and also have a pair of 702s2's as rear surrounds in my theater. I use them for music a lot as well. The 702s2's are my 2nd favorite B&W speaker. For me, I rank them like this:

800d3 (I haven't heard this but assume its great)
802d3
702s2
803d3
805d3
804d3
703s2
705s2
706s2
704s2

Had the 702s2's existed when I bought the 802d3's, I probably would have just gotten 4 702s2 instead. The 802's are better but not $15k better. The 803d3's have improved clarity over the 702s2 and much better sound staging, but the 803d3's are a lot brighter and there's something magic about the mid ranges and warmth of the 702s2 that the 803d3's lack. I think the difference is that I tend not to like continuum speakers smaller than 6".

If the music you like has any amount of drums, bass guitar, low guitar strumming, celo then the 702s2 will be noticeably better than 703s3.
Interesting - 705 > 704 despite the 705 being a bookshelf vs the 704 slim tower? I had figured that despite how great the 705 may be, a tower would always win out overall due to the additional drivers...
post #12 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I didn’t mean to recommend that specific Ascend. That is actually what I own. But if you like looks, definitely check out Revel. Their Concerta2 and Performa3 lines are stunning. Will perform much better than B&W and look just as good, if not better.
Ah got it, will do thanks!
post #13 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Any opinions on the Definitive Mythos STS?

They’re pretty slim and it would be very convenient to have the integrated subs, but any opinions re their performance? Midrange drivers are only 4.5”...
post #14 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Upgrade to B&W 7 series - opinions needed

Quote:
Any opinions on the Definitive Mythos STS?

They’re pretty slim and it would be very convenient to have the integrated subs, but any opinions re their performance? Midrange drivers are only 4.5”...

My friend broke this down to me extremely well. Check it out.

Those integrated subwoofers, how well do you think they perform as? Would you say equivalent to a Ported 12” Rythmik? Those are $600, and IMO will easily outperform whatever powered woofers (not how they are not true subwoofers) are in the DefTechs as you can place them and integrate them as a separate subwoofer which will also provide much better bass as the proper placement for a subwoofer is rarely where the L/R is placed. For ease of example we will say that somehow these subwoofers are equivalent.

Now we move to the speaker part. The non powered part of the DefTechs are basically an MTM. And you can get plenty of MTM’s that will outperform those tiny woofers and IMO harsh tweeter. Ascend CMT340’s for example.

So let’s bring it full circle. Will a pair of those DefTechs at $2000 with their current price outperform Ascend CMT340’s + 2 properly integrated 12” subwoofers from Rythmik that totals in at $1600?

Pssst: I’ll let you in on a trade secret! No.
markmon1 likes this.

post #15 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 04:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked: 432
I demoed the B&W 702 S2 and was very disappointed because they seemed very lifeless and 1 dimensional. They do get very good reviews so I’m unsure why they didn’t appeal to me. I demoed the GoldenEar 1.R and Focal 936s as well and ended up purchasing the 936s and couldn’t be happier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Oppo UDP-205, Bluesound Node 2i, Focal Aria 936/CC900
MacBook Pro, AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro
post #16 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 05:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echopraxia View Post
Also, to reinforce this point further: I used to have Paradigm Studio 60 tower speakers for a long time, and while I loved them while I had them, when I listened to B&W’s CM6 bookshelf speakers, I was absolutely blown away! B&W’s little bookshelf speakers sounded a league beyond the paradigm towers in every way, even when I listened side by side after I bought them. There was absolutely no comparison, to my ears. Yet I’m sure many people would prefer the opposite.

Yeah, it's a very personal thing on some significant measure! The only B&W speakers that I truly like are the 800-series Diamonds! I went Paradigm Prestige over B&W CM10 at the time, just a better speaker at the same price point to my ears. Just something on the harsh side about the CM10.

Quote:
As for Definitive Mythos: Personally I find every Definitive speaker I’ve ever heard to sound like garbage. I wouldn’t sell them to my worst enemy, unless they were going to replace Bose. I had a set of Definitive Mythos speakers I obtained from a trade, and sold them for almost nothing, because that’s what I feel they’re worth. IMO, massively overpriced underperformers. Ascend speakers are great but I don’t like the sound signature; IMO, Definitive speakers are just barely mediocre, period.

And I actually found the DefTech DI8R to be a more pleasing speaker than the Revel C763. Go figure.

Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #17 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Also, I really want to hear Revel F208 for example, because it seems to be “right up my alley” in terms of what I like: very full range sound from integrating large woofer, neutral, detailed, and with excellent crossover integration etc. But until I hear it in person, I’ll never know if I’ll actually like it at all.

You and me both! Not a fan of the overall look though, but I would love to hear these....

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #18 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
You and me both! Not a fan of the overall look though, but I would love to hear these....

I want the bass extension of the F208’s with the look of the Gloss White F206’s. Absolutely stunning. But they don’t make the F208’s in white

Guess you can’t have your cake and eat it too

post #19 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Yeah, the F208s look weird to me too. In contrast, the Revel Salon2’s look stunningly beautiful though, right up until you see the price tag

I think they have a showroom somewhere, I’ll proably manage to visit it some day. But part of me is afraid I’ll like the Salon2’s so much that I’ll find itself starting to save up towards the exorbitant about of money they cost. And I’ve already spent so much on speakers
post #20 of 30 Old 03-17-2019, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Interesting - 705 > 704 despite the 705 being a bookshelf vs the 704 slim tower? I had figured that despite how great the 705 may be, a tower would always win out overall due to the additional drivers...
Listening to the 705 in shop. Very impressed. For a bookshelf it offers a large expansive sound and incredible clarity. Only concern is that it may be a little punchy or hot on the mid/ upper end. I wonder if that might sound impressive initially but tiresome or annoying longer term. I am not sure. But overall I was pretty impressed. Not an audiophile, spotify premium and home theater and untrained ear.
post #21 of 30 Old 03-18-2019, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:

Also, sorry my posts got sidetracked (responding to those who dislike B&W): Regarding your original question, as another owner and lover of B&W's speakers, I 100% concur with @markmon1 's first response above in pretty much every way. If you've decided that you will be buying a B&W and not some other brand, I highly recommend the B&W 702 S2 (with Audyssey room correction) above the other options you're weighing.

Last edited by echopraxia; 03-18-2019 at 10:27 AM.
post #22 of 30 Old 03-18-2019, 03:47 PM

Location: North Shore of central Long Island, NY (Stony Brook)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 48
What companies use RAAL tweeters (besides Salk and Philharmonic)? Do they make a big improvement? I was looking at the Salk catalog and noticed that all their speakers over$2800/pr use them. I haven't found a place to audition them. How do they compare with electrostatic speakers, such as the Martin Logan ESL? Thanks.

PS I'm still hoping for a Philharmonic product.
BuddTX likes this.
post #23 of 30 Old 03-18-2019, 04:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVhike View Post
What companies use RAAL tweeters (besides Salk and Philharmonic)? Do they make a big improvement? I was looking at the Salk catalog and noticed that all their speakers over$2800/pr use them. I haven't found a place to audition them. How do they compare with electrostatic speakers, such as the Martin Logan ESL? Thanks.

PS I'm still hoping for a Philharmonic product.

Selah Audio.

Not too many. Too expensive, not enough margin for big brand companies.

Electrostat Di-Poles like that ML are a completely different topic.

post #24 of 30 Old 03-18-2019, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Whatever you buy, I would audition it in your own home, with your own equipment, before making a final decision.

As a poor College student, I fell in love with the B&W 801's, back in the 80's. Alas, I will never own a pair, while awesome, they are just too expensive, considering there are lots of other options available today.

I was able to get my "affordable" State of the Art Speakers from Dennis Murphy, the Philharmonic 3's. Unless I win the lottery, these are my last speakers, and heck, even if I do win the lottery, why switch?

I don't want to sway you away from B&W, Home theater is all about enjoyment, and if you like the B&W 7 series, then audition the finalists in your home, and make a decision.

That said, since aesthetics are important to you, have you considered Salk Sound?
Each speaker is a work of art, even before you listen to them, and can be customized to your liking:
http://www.salksound.com/home.php
post #25 of 30 Old 03-18-2019, 09:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked: 949
Quote:

The point of diminishing returns starts at $1. Now what’s worth the investment and what’s not? That’s up to your ears.

Regarding your speakers, I hate to feel like I’m piling on, but I did not like the 700 series. They sound bright, really bright. I get the bass was decent, but as someone said, the u shaped sound is accurate, lots of highs and lows but the mids are recessed unless you play music with just mid frequencies and then they can sound good, but still just not for me.
Def tech and golden ear imo are much the same, GE a little better but not much.
KEF, Focal, Dynaudio (this is what I own), Dali, Sonus Faber, Totem, Scansonic, Monitor Audio, & Revel are to me, much better speakers. Many of these speakers can be found on Crutchfield.
post #26 of 30 Old 03-19-2019, 02:31 PM

Location: North Shore of central Long Island, NY (Stony Brook)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddTX View Post
Whatever you buy, I would audition it in your own home, with your own equipment, before making a final decision.

As a poor College student, I fell in love with the B&W 801's, back in the 80's. Alas, I will never own a pair, while awesome, they are just too expensive, considering there are lots of other options available today.

I was able to get my "affordable" State of the Art Speakers from Dennis Murphy, the Philharmonic 3's. Unless I win the lottery, these are my last speakers, and heck, even if I do win the lottery, why switch?

I don't want to sway you away from B&W, Home theater is all about enjoyment, and if you like the B&W 7 series, then audition the finalists in your home, and make a decision.

That said, since aesthetics are important to you, have you considered Salk Sound?
Each speaker is a work of art, even before you listen to them, and can be customized to your liking:
http://www.salksound.com/home.php
The Salks do appeal to me, and their more expensive models do have the Raal tweeters. But where to audition them?
post #27 of 30 Old 03-19-2019, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVhike View Post
The Salks do appeal to me, and their more expensive models do have the Raal tweeters. But where to audition them?

Check the “I’ll demo my speakers for other enthusiasts” thread.

If you’d like to hear a Raal tweeter specifically, Ascend and Selah Audio also have Raal offerings that may be easier for you to find/listen to.

post #28 of 30 Old 03-23-2019, 12:03 AM

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 187
I have four 702s inbound for my surrounds. I plan on A/B a pair with my 800 D3 off my McIntosh MC303s with my C1100 & D1100 just for the hell of it. The C1100 has 2 outputs so I will be able to toggle between the two easily and hear the 702s off some nice equipment with up to 300 watts a channel.

NX5 / Panamorph / SI Black Diamond Zero Edge Pro / Salamander Designs / AQ Niagra
AV8805 / UB9000 / AppleTV 4K / PS4 Pro / Connect / Node 2i / RPM-10 C
C1100 / D1100 / MC303s / 800D3 / HTM1D3 / 702 S2 / CCM7.3 / PC4000s

Last edited by RaceCarDriver; 03-23-2019 at 09:33 AM.
post #29 of 30 Old 03-23-2019, 01:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5326 Post(s)
Liked: 3459
Quote:

As for Definitive Mythos: Personally I find every Definitive speaker I’ve ever heard to sound like garbage. I wouldn’t sell them to my worst enemy, unless they were going to replace Bose. I had a set of Definitive Mythos speakers I obtained from a trade, and sold them for almost nothing, because that’s what I feel they’re worth. IMO, massively overpriced underperformers. Ascend speakers are great but I don’t like the sound signature; IMO, Definitive speakers are just barely mediocre, period.
I am with you on this. And I'd lump goldenear into this (sort of a definitive off shoot).

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #30 of 30 Old 03-23-2019, 01:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 391
705 S2 from bowers and wilkins is the best value for money of all their current speaker ranges and models. They are great speakers for stereo 2 ch. music listening.

705 S2 is better than all other speakers in the 700 range except the 702 S2 (only these two models in the 700 range have the tweeter on top design). And some people prefer the 2 way design of the 705 S2 over the 702 S2 for stereo listening. The 702 S2 has more mid bass and low end punch but a 705 S2 with a sealed box subwoofer works very well.

If you are demoing the 700 range, don't forget to audition the 705 S2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page