Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-26-2019, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 1
XEO 4 vs Excite X14

Hello everyone and have a good Sunday
I found the Dynaudio XEO 4 on amazon at a very interesting price (€ 1.000), this would avoid other costs for an amplifier, dac and cables, it would also eliminate the unknown combination of amp + speakers, but how Dynaudio is compared XEO 4 with the Excite X14 in terms of sound. I will use the speakers in the near field connected with optical connection to my Desktop PC, could XEO 4 be an ideal solution exploiting the on-board DSP and room acoustics adjustments?

Big Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-26-2019, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8978 Post(s)
Liked: 6141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinhifi View Post
Hello everyone and have a good Sunday
I found the Dynaudio XEO 4 on amazon at a very interesting price (€ 1.000), this would avoid other costs for an amplifier, dac and cables, it would also eliminate the unknown combination of amp + speakers, but how Dynaudio is compared XEO 4 with the Excite X14 in terms of sound. I will use the speakers in the near field connected with optical connection to my Desktop PC, could XEO 4 be an ideal solution exploiting the on-board DSP and room acoustics adjustments?

Big Thanks
These guys heard both:

https://www.whathifi.com/dynaudio/xeo-4/review

https://www.whathifi.com/dynaudio/excite-x14/review

Geoff A. J., California
post #3 of 7 Old 03-27-2019, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

I have nothing to criticize on the reviewers, in fact sometimes they can be a guide for the neophyte, but I would like an impartial and coherent opinion from different owners who have used these two speakers and be able to make a comparison between the various statements.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-27-2019, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8978 Post(s)
Liked: 6141
Quote:
I have nothing to criticize on the reviewers, in fact sometimes they can be a guide for the neophyte, but I would like an impartial and coherent opinion from different owners who have used these two speakers and be able to make a comparison between the various statements.

Thanks
The answer may exist here:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...-s-thread.html

Geoff A. J., California
post #5 of 7 Old 03-27-2019, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked: 696
Quote:

Thanks [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
I’ve owned XEO 3 in the past and now own X14. Not really the same but similar. Unfortunately it’s been about 2 years in between owning them so I can’t really compare. I do know Ive been happy with both. I guess it kind of matters if you want to just play music and what source or if you like to tweak your gear from time to time.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-27-2019, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your interest, the speakers will be used for various uses, such as rock music, pop, classical and soundtracks, but above all for the reproduction of HD movies and videogames, so I would need a certain degree of versatility. I'll add a pneumatic suspension subwoofer to give more depth to the scene and recreate the sound effects in movies and games.

Sorry for my bad english
post #7 of 7 Old 03-28-2019, 03:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked: 696
Quote:
Thank you for your interest, the speakers will be used for various uses, such as rock music, pop, classical and soundtracks, but above all for the reproduction of HD movies and videogames, so I would need a certain degree of versatility. I'll add a pneumatic suspension subwoofer to give more depth to the scene and recreate the sound effects in movies and games.

Sorry for my bad english [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/IMG]
In that case I think you’re better off with a receiver and X14. That would be my choice in your scenario.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page