Monoprice Monolith THX Certified HT Speakers w/Atmos: 5.1.4 System Review - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 55Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 117 Old 05-17-2019, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
adam2434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 574
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonolithGuy View Post
Nope, they aren't made by Triad. These were engineered from scratch based on performance targets set by me.
Yeah, but who engineered them? An existing speaker manufacturer? Independent consultant?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I realize that you likely can't divulge this.


-

5.1 and 2.0 ch: Outlaw 975/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Rotel RB-1552/Audiosource Amp 3/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage and Dayton IO655 on patio. 2.1 ch: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2. 2.0 ch: Rotel RX-1052/Emotiva DC-1/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED. 2.0 ch: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3. Kitchen: Sonos Play5.
adam2434 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 117 Old 05-20-2019, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Tucson, AZ, Telluride, CO, & Los Angeles,CA, USA
Posts: 3,355
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonolithGuy View Post
Nope, they aren't made by Triad. These were engineered from scratch based on performance targets set by me.
@MonolithGuy ...big kudos to you and the others at Monoprice who are "rediscovering" THX speaker technologies, easily some of the most misunderstood and inappropriately maligned in the industry over the decades. I became very involved with THX back in the early 2000s when John Dahl was there and Tony Grimani taught much of the THX course (at Skywalker). The design of these new speakers appears to be very impressive not only with regards to sound reproduction but with dispersion...which was always a very big deal for THX. It's funny how things come full circle with smooth horizontal dispersion across the listening area coming back in style. I always thought of it as "elliptical directivity" and so useful in our imperfect listening rooms.

What is the THX certification process like these days from your perspective?
Cam Man is offline  
post #93 of 117 Old 05-21-2019, 10:43 AM
Member
 
JamHandMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergenfield, NJ
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I'm not sure if this is a good place to post, but if there was a toss up between these and Airmotiv line of speakers... is this a valid comparison? I prefer speakers that aren't ported, but the current sale over at emotiva is hard to pass up, especially on the price of the towers vs the monolith L/R.

My system is a 3.1 setup with a x8500H. I don't have a large space to fill, but I want something that's going to bring me dynamic range and detail at lower volumes. I might get chewed up for this comment, but the Airmotiv C2 and T2 have high sensitivity which I think is what I'm looking for... but just wanted to ask some opinion against this set...

I fully understand speakers are mostly a thing of opinion...
JamHandMan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 117 Old 05-22-2019, 05:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Macros73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamHandMan View Post
I'm not sure if this is a good place to post, but if there was a toss up between these and Airmotiv line of speakers... is this a valid comparison? I prefer speakers that aren't ported, but the current sale over at emotiva is hard to pass up, especially on the price of the towers vs the monolith L/R.

My system is a 3.1 setup with a x8500H. I don't have a large space to fill, but I want something that's going to bring me dynamic range and detail at lower volumes. I might get chewed up for this comment, but the Airmotiv C2 and T2 have high sensitivity which I think is what I'm looking for... but just wanted to ask some opinion against this set...

I fully understand speakers are mostly a thing of opinion...
I can't comment on a sound quality comparison, but as someone who underestimated the footprint of the Monolith center channel speaker, I appreciate that the AirMotiv's appear to have recessed and angled cable connectors. That could save you a few inches if you're using banana plugs and your space is less than optimal.

What speakers would you (or anyone else listening) choose to use for surrounds and height (if not using the built-in Atmos) to pair with the Monoliths?
Macros73 is offline  
post #95 of 117 Old 05-22-2019, 08:36 AM
Member
 
JamHandMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergenfield, NJ
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macros73 View Post
I can't comment on a sound quality comparison, but as someone who underestimated the footprint of the Monolith center channel speaker, I appreciate that the AirMotiv's appear to have recessed and angled cable connectors. That could save you a few inches if you're using banana plugs and your space is less than optimal.

What speakers would you (or anyone else listening) choose to use for surrounds and height (if not using the built-in Atmos) to pair with the Monoliths?
If you are doing movies only maybe NHT Super Ones or Super Zeros as example. You have have room for a ported design? Maybe the B1 pair from AitMotiv line if you want something a little larger.

My only space issue is attempting to figure out how to get my tv and my center channel on the TV stand... :/ Seating position is pretty close and it's really difficult to get a center channel under the TV... I might need to take a chance making something custom.....
JamHandMan is offline  
post #96 of 117 Old 05-22-2019, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 18,436
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8593 Post(s)
Liked: 5791
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamHandMan View Post
If you are doing movies only maybe NHT Super Ones or Super Zeros as example. You have have room for a ported design? Maybe the B1 pair from AitMotiv line if you want something a little larger.

My only space issue is attempting to figure out how to get my tv and my center channel on the TV stand... :/ Seating position is pretty close and it's really difficult to get a center channel under the TV... I might need to take a chance making something custom.....
Depending on the center channel and the tv stand a tv can sit directly on top of a center channel.
JamHandMan likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is offline  
post #97 of 117 Old 05-22-2019, 10:49 AM
Member
 
JamHandMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergenfield, NJ
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
Depending on the center channel and the tv stand a tv can sit directly on top of a center channel.
Wait... I didn't think to do that... Thanks for the idea.
JamHandMan is offline  
post #98 of 117 Old 05-22-2019, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 18,436
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8593 Post(s)
Liked: 5791
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamHandMan View Post
Wait... I didn't think to do that... Thanks for the idea.
My center is so big my (100lb?) 60" Plasma could sit on it.

A well made speaker can take a LOT of weight...assuming it is a box without a sloping top.

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is offline  
post #99 of 117 Old 05-22-2019, 01:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Macros73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamHandMan View Post
My only space issue is attempting to figure out how to get my tv and my center channel on the TV stand... :/ Seating position is pretty close and it's really difficult to get a center channel under the TV... I might need to take a chance making something custom.....
I had the exact same issue and cheated by purchasing one of those TAVR TV stands with an integrated VESA mount. It gets the TV up high enough that I can put the center channel on the top shelf, vertically aligned with and underneath the TV.

While I accounted for height, I neglecting to account for depth and the binding posts of my center speaker are so close to the TV mount column that banana plugs are gonna be difficult. I'll probably just have to use bare wire on that end. It worked out pretty well but just be sure to check all the dimensions for your speaker and stand.

You can also find tabletop VESA mounts which will raise the TV up, or if possible, you could consider a wall mount.

Edited: I had to raise the TV higher for comfortable viewing, so I also assembled a center speaker stand out of some black rigid plastic CD organizers and a piece of red oak that happened to be the right size. Painted the wood to blend in better. It's sturdy and lifts the speaker such that it's just under the TV.

Last edited by Macros73; 06-06-2019 at 06:22 AM.
Macros73 is offline  
post #100 of 117 Old 06-03-2019, 10:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Liquid$team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post
Okay, I asked and was told that the in-walls should become available in about six weeks.
Its been 6 weeks since you posted the above on April 15th...... I have been waiting for these since I first saw them on the website.... the wait is killing me lol

Projector:Epson 6050ub Screen:Elite screens manual SRM Pro series 120" TV: Vizio P75f Pre/Pro:Marantz AV7705 Amplifier:Monolith 7x Speakers:Klipsch THX8000-L (LCR) R5800 side surrounds, 5650-S rear surrounds Subwoofers:PSA v1811x2 Bluray Player:Panasonic ub820 Media Streamer:Fire TV cube

Last edited by Liquid$team; 06-03-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Liquid$team is offline  
post #101 of 117 Old 06-06-2019, 06:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Macros73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdino23 View Post
Picked up 3 of the center channels and 2 of the atmos L/R speakers.
How do you have the 3 center channel speakers configured? Are you using 3 centers for your L/C/R front speakers?

I do not need the Atmos modules, and if the centers will work better for music/movies than the towers, I should consider that instead of using the towers for L/R.

Last edited by Macros73; 06-06-2019 at 06:10 AM.
Macros73 is offline  
post #102 of 117 Old 06-06-2019, 06:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Macros73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oops. I am repeating myself.
Macros73 is offline  
post #103 of 117 Old 06-06-2019, 07:03 AM
Member
 
toddwz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
My center is so big my (100lb?) 60" Plasma could sit on it.

A well made speaker can take a LOT of weight...assuming it is a box without a sloping top.
What center is that? It's heavier than many subs.
toddwz is offline  
post #104 of 117 Old 06-06-2019, 09:06 AM
Member
 
Steve Sleeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I can find anyone who has owned or heard both the SVS PB200 and the mono 12" and not thought the mono was superior. Well worth looking into these speakers. I wish they would just remove the whole THX thing and lower the prices instead of kickback labeling.

Denon AVR-X6500h Klipsch RP-8000f RP-440C (4) RP-150MS sides in parallel RB-51 rears, 4 JBL C67P pendants for atmos, 2 monolith 12" subs
Epson 5040UB, Sony Ubp-X700, AC infintiy T9, Nvidia Shield, 142" 2.35 silver ticket screen
Steve Sleeve is offline  
post #105 of 117 Old 06-06-2019, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 4,467
Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3419 Post(s)
Liked: 4196
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwz View Post
What center is that? It's heavier than many subs.
My 125lb center... JTR Noesis 212HT.



I know it looks like the TV is sitting on top of the center speaker. It is not.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
chucky7 is offline  
post #106 of 117 Old 06-06-2019, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
BP1Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, Oh
Posts: 583
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Looks like there's a gap for another 4kULF....
chucky7, bulls and BufordTJustice like this.

Sony XBR65x900e / STR-DN1080 / original PS4 / WOW! Ultra TV / Quantum Access Mini PC Stick w/Windows 10 / 8 x Rockville SPG88 8“ DJ PA Speakers / Dayton Audio SA1000 / Kicker 08S15L74 in a Tapped-Tapered Quarter Wave Tube (negative flare tapped horn).
BP1Fanatic is offline  
post #107 of 117 Old 06-06-2019, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 4,467
Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3419 Post(s)
Liked: 4196
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP1Fanatic View Post
Looks like there's a gap for another 4kULF....
Since I live in the same city as Monoprice, I might just go and pick a pair of THX-365Ts up and write a review/impression about them...
bulls likes this.

Speakers: L/C/R: JTR Neosis 212HT. Surrounds: Jamo C103, KEF Q100, Polk Audio RTiA3.
Subwoofer: JTR Captivator 4000ULF.
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H. TV: Samsung UN75NU8000FXZA.

FS: Jamo C103, KEF Q100 and Polk RTiA3
chucky7 is offline  
post #108 of 117 Old 06-06-2019, 09:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: L.A.
Posts: 1,189
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
Since I live in the same city as Monoprice, I might just go and pick a pair of THX-365Ts up and write a review/impression about them...
oof 500$ each
doesnt say or i missed anything about power handling /max watts, only sensitivity 86 , 4ohm
(my chane's spec says rec power 20-150W on 8ohm)

display - vizio p65
AVR x4300h +lepai 2ch amp = 7.2.4
L/C/R - Chane 2.4, SURROUND - dayton 3in cubes *temporary
BASS - 2x Seaton F18 + JTR 1400 "the wind machine" (not port noise)
2100 ft^3

Last edited by bulls; 06-06-2019 at 09:42 PM.
bulls is offline  
post #109 of 117 Old 06-06-2019, 11:20 PM
Newbie
 
airdino23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macros73 View Post
How do you have the 3 center channel speakers configured? Are you using 3 centers for your L/C/R front speakers?

I do not need the Atmos modules, and if the centers will work better for music/movies than the towers, I should consider that instead of using the towers for L/R.

I am using the uprights for my left and right.
I am using the other two centers for my rears.
So basically all 5 speakers are the same for my 5.2.4 set up.

It made a wonderful difference when playing 5.1 audio DVDs.
Also for sports I use the 9-channel setting on my Yamaha. Fills the room with the crowd.
airdino23 is offline  
post #110 of 117 Old 06-06-2019, 11:23 PM
Newbie
 
airdino23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post
Airdino, NEVER use the low impedance setting on any AVR, regardless of the nominal impedance of the speakers. I highly recommend you switch it back to (or whatever the higher setting is).

See here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post46041745 for an explanation, particularly the comparative output figures for the high and low impedance settings in Audioholic's measurements of the Denon.
Thank you for this.
I have done so much research based on your comments.
I moved it back to 8.
I love this forum.
GIEGAR likes this.
airdino23 is offline  
post #111 of 117 Old 06-07-2019, 12:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
GIEGAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,363
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdino23 View Post
Thank you for this.
I have done so much research based on your comments.
I moved it back to 8.
I love this forum.
No worries! Good to see you back at 8Ω.
GIEGAR is online now  
post #112 of 117 Old 06-07-2019, 04:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
BP1Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, Oh
Posts: 583
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls View Post
oof 500$ each
doesnt say or i missed anything about power handling /max watts, only sensitivity 86 , 4ohm
(my chane's spec says rec power 20-150W on 8ohm)
Word! Since chucky has the Denon AVR-X4400H, he would need 2 pairs for the full Dolby Atmos effect.

Sony XBR65x900e / STR-DN1080 / original PS4 / WOW! Ultra TV / Quantum Access Mini PC Stick w/Windows 10 / 8 x Rockville SPG88 8“ DJ PA Speakers / Dayton Audio SA1000 / Kicker 08S15L74 in a Tapped-Tapered Quarter Wave Tube (negative flare tapped horn).
BP1Fanatic is offline  
post #113 of 117 Old 06-15-2019, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 18,436
Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8593 Post(s)
Liked: 5791
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwz View Post
What center is that? It's heavier than many subs.
My memory failed me, it's only 43lbs but it could support an elepahant!

https://www.hifigear.co.uk/usher-v-6...udspeaker.html

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is offline  
post #114 of 117 Old 06-15-2019, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger
 
imagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 15,466
Mentioned: 425 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8812 Post(s)
Liked: 15473
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdino23 View Post
Picked up 3 of the center channels and 2 of the atmos L/R speakers. I already had rear Atmos speakers in place. I got it all installed and adjusted/tuned (for now). Connected to a Advantage Yamaha RX-A2060. I am using a 5.2.4 set up. I kept the two HSU subs in this room. I wanted to move my previous HSU HC-1 speakers elsewhere in my house.

I ran through a couple Atmos 4K discs and some 5.1 audio DVDs and even some normal audio CDs.

My personal benchmark is the Beatles LOVE 5.1 DVD Audio disc. I have heard this disc on very high end set ups playing the first two tracks and it gave me goose bumps. My HSU set up never got there. The first song is open and airy, but the transition to track two is rough and my previous set ups muddied the transition and the following vocals never popped. To my happiness and glee, the Monoprice speakers nailed it. I actually got goose bumps. My wife laughed her ass off. She humors me and my obsessions.

Honestly, I carefully unpacked these speakers because I kinda assumed they weren't going to be much better than what I had, I was preparing for having to re-package them back up and return them. But I will be throwing the boxes out today. I am keeping these. The opening action seq. in Deadpool 4K disc has so much chaos going on in the audio, from the opening song to the massive car pile up. It was a different experience with this set up. For me at least. I had a big ass smile on my face. This is what I was hoping for.

I am sure many of you have much more extreme benchmarks and tests. For me, I have used the Deadpool intro and Beatles DVD so many times, I knew instantly that this is what I was missing from my previous set ups. I am very happy.

Before pulling the trigger, I went over to the Magnolia sections of my local Best Buy to see what they had set up in the demo rooms. They were very honest and said they didn't have anything too crazy. The employee and I goofed off a bit listening to what they did have. I didn't love anything I heard. I am very happy to know that I got all 5 of these speakers for the cost of one B&W tower they had at Best Buy.

Another surprise was the packaging. Of course thick beefy boxes. The speakers were floating in foam, snug as can be. They were individually wrapped in these nice soft fabric bags knotted at the top. it was like opening a gift. Maybe all bookshelf speakers come like this, but I was impressed. It was fun to open each of the 5 boxes. It was all part of the excitement.

I am excited to hear from others that try these out.
No, most speakers at this price point do not come that nicely packed at all. These speakers are just a straight up superior bang for the buck proposition, no qualifier is required.

Mark Henninger
Editor, AVS Forum
imagic is online now  
post #115 of 117 Old 06-27-2019, 03:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Macros73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdino23 View Post
I am using the uprights for my left and right.
I am using the other two centers for my rears.
So basically all 5 speakers are the same for my 5.2.4 set up.

It made a wonderful difference when playing 5.1 audio DVDs.
Also for sports I use the 9-channel setting on my Yamaha. Fills the room with the crowd.
How are you liking the speakers after a few weeks? I am still struggling to find surrounds like I like and I keep considering your idea of using 2 of the centers as surrounds. I hesitate because I’ve read that generally, the driver orientation in centers does not lend itself to great performance as surrounds. How do you have yours positions as far as height, angle from listening position, and what are you using as stands?
Macros73 is offline  
post #116 of 117 Old 07-08-2019, 07:14 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,

First time posting, I’m working on a new home theatre in my basement and have narrowed it down to these or Paradigm 700f/800f. For now I’m going to use my old paradigm cinema 110 rears and probably monoprice ambers for my in ceilings.

I know it’s a long shot but anyone out there able to compare the 2 or make any recommendations? Being from Canada with the exchange and shipping/duty the monoprice are not automatically a lot cheaper muddying my decision. I can buy the paradigms locally.

Any advice is welcomed!
Winnipeg85 is offline  
post #117 of 117 Old 07-09-2019, 02:51 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg85 View Post
Hi,

First time posting, I’m working on a new home theatre in my basement and have narrowed it down to these or Paradigm 700f/800f. For now I’m going to use my old paradigm cinema 110 rears and probably monoprice ambers for my in ceilings.

I know it’s a long shot but anyone out there able to compare the 2 or make any recommendations? Being from Canada with the exchange and shipping/duty the monoprice are not automatically a lot cheaper muddying my decision. I can buy the paradigms locally.

Any advice is welcomed!

I decided to add Klipsch rp-8000 to my shortlist because I thought the decision was going to be too easy. I'll probably add and remove a few more in my head every day until I buy something.
Winnipeg85 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
atmos speakers , monolith thx , monoprice monolith

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off