Folks - I am starting a new thread as the previous thread for my search around front center, right and left speakers has concluded in me ordering the JBL Studio 590s. I would like to thank all AVS members who helped me for this.
I have attached the layout of my room. The plan is as follows. I will be doing an Acoustically transparent screen with the three JBLs behind the screen. On the picture below, this will be about 2 feet from the wall on the front. This will give me about 13.5 feet from the acoustically transparent screen to the back wall.
I had a total budget of $3k for speakers, receiver and subwoofer. After spending for the JBLs, I have $1600. I am interested in hearing your opinion on the following questions.
But before we start, the obvious question is why I am not selecting the JBL 210 for my surrounds and the answer to that is because the speakers are too large in size for my room dimensions below. The dimensions of the speaker are 10 1/16 (W) x 10 1/4 (H) x 5 3/4 (D). I would really appreciate if you can take into account my room dimensions while replying below.
1. If I want to prewire for Dolby Atmos, should I go with a 5.2.2, 5.2.4, 7.2.2 or 7.2.4 configuration?
2. Based on the answer to question 1, can you recommend speakers for surround and Atmos that will leave me room in the budget to still buy a receiver and subwoofer? I saw a number of speaker pairs being offered around $200. The JBL 210 is on sale at Amazon for a pair at $175 now. I would have bought this if not for the size. So based on intelligent investment in the right speaker, I will have money left over for the sub and receiver if I can spot a good deal. As examples,
3. If the budget would be tight to buy both receiver and subwoofer, the order of priority in what I can give up is a subwoofer as I have an existing MLT2 (Martin Logan) subwoofer I could use to start with and later build on top but ideally I would like to get surrounds, ceiling, subwoofer and receiver within the $1600.
4. Do I need special speaker for Atmos or normal ceiling speakers would do? Example below.
5. Do I need a 7, 9 or 11 channel receiver. Found an Onkyo 9.2 for $500 below.
6. Finally if after all the above I will still have money left over, please let me know a good sub. If this is not an adequate budget let me know if I can reuse my existing MLT2 speakers and sub without investing in new ones.
Thanks for all your help.
Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk