• 1 Post By miketofani
  • 1 Post By cocrh

post #1 of 5 Old 05-11-2019, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Polk and JBL

I will soon be replacing my DefTech 7006 5channel dipole setup. While it's great for 5.1, it sucks for 5.1.4. I keep seeing Polk and JBL mentioned around here probably more than the internet direct companies. I love music and strickly listen to 2.1 for that purpose. I have the HSU vtf3mk5 for the low end so I am good there. I set the crossover at 90hz because I hate anything above 90 coming through the sub. I would like to go with towers for the front so I can take them to 80hz. I would like a center to go with them, although I am not concerned about the timbre matching unicorn. Not much travels to the rears so a decent bookshelf will suffice. I may pick up 4 to use a 7.1 4 system. What is the best bang for the buck in the Polk and JBL category to meet my demands? I am going to start off with LCR once a good deal pops up. I am in no hurry and I don't have a problem with used speakers so if there is an older model I should look out for please recommend it. Thanks guys...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-12-2019, 02:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 3086 Post(s)
Liked: 2565
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketofani View Post
I will soon be replacing my DefTech 7006 5channel dipole setup. While it's great for 5.1, it sucks for 5.1.4. I keep seeing Polk and JBL mentioned around here probably more than the internet direct companies. I love music and strickly listen to 2.1 for that purpose. I have the HSU vtf3mk5 for the low end so I am good there. I set the crossover at 90hz because I hate anything above 90 coming through the sub. I would like to go with towers for the front so I can take them to 80hz. I would like a center to go with them, although I am not concerned about the timbre matching unicorn. Not much travels to the rears so a decent bookshelf will suffice. I may pick up 4 to use a 7.1 4 system. What is the best bang for the buck in the Polk and JBL category to meet my demands? I am going to start off with LCR once a good deal pops up. I am in no hurry and I don't have a problem with used speakers so if there is an older model I should look out for please recommend it. Thanks guys...
The JBL studio 590 is current half price and sale ends today. They'd sound great for both music and movies.
https://www.jbl.com/loudspeakers/STU...upport#start=1
These B15's would work nicely as surrounds.
https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Bookshelf...%2C141&sr=8-16
The A125 center or you can go with something else.
https://www.jbl.com/loudspeakers/STA...urrent#start=1

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, , Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 , Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketofani View Post
I will soon be replacing my DefTech 7006 5channel dipole setup....
Where are you located. I buy most of my speakers of CL. I also have some JBL 880's ($300 pr) or Studio 580's ($500 pr) if you're in N. CA. Otherwise, I'm pretty good at sniffing out a deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-12-2019, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 24
That's great deal on the 590s and if I had the cash I would be all over it. That is not the case at this moment. It's going to be a few weeks. I am north of Indianapolis, Indiana... The mecca of nothing. There are some Cap 2400s on CL a this moment so I guess I am not the only one around here with good taste but ATM there is nothing local. I contacted the guy and he already sold his SVS speakers.
Lp85253 likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-12-2019, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Watch the deals threads. From online retailer Adorama the Polk LSiM 703 bookshelves are very nice at $299.00 each but would have to wait for the LSiM 704C center to go on sale for around $229.

Another great option and on sale are the Emotiva T1 towers and the C1 or C2 centers. Both centers are very nice but the C2 is huge. E1's for surrounds.

https://emotiva.com/collections/loudspeakers
Lp85253 likes this.

Last edited by cocrh; 05-12-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page