What should i get ? (speakers) - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 30Likes

post #31 of 34 Old 05-24-2019, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Would the NHTs be good for a bigger room too? I've been looking to replace my JBL Home Theater In a Box speakers for a while.

Currently have:
Yamaha TSR-7790 AVR
Definitive Technologies ProCenter 1000 (would be open to replacing this with an NHT center too if it makes sense)
F/R speakers are all JBL Satellites
Just bought a Bic Venturi V1020 to replace the JBL SUB135

Couch is about 9 feet away from TV/Center speaker but room extends further back for another 15 feet although it's not necessary for the speakers to fill the room beyond the couch.

Speakers are used mainly for TV and movies and some music. F/R speakers need to be mounted on-wall and center speaker is sitting on TV stand at the moment, so it can't have too much height.

Last edited by churwitz; 05-24-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 05-24-2019, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 3083 Post(s)
Liked: 2559
Quote:
Originally Posted by churwitz View Post
Would the NHTs be good for a bigger room too? I've been looking to replace my JBL Home Theater In a Box speakers for a while.

Currently have:
Yamaha TSR-7790 AVR
Definitive Technologies ProCenter 1000 (would be open to replacing this with an NHT center too if it makes sense)
F/R speakers are all JBL Satellites
Just bought a Bic Venturi V1020 to replace the JBL SUB135

Couch is about 9 feet away from TV/Center speaker but room extends further back for another 15 feet although it's not necessary for the speakers to fill the room beyond the couch.

Speakers are used mainly for TV and movies and some music. F/R speakers need to be mounted on-wall and center speaker is sitting on TV stand at the moment, so it can't have too much height.
If you're flush mounting to the wall, NHT are the perfect candidate due to being a sealed cabinet. The 6.5" drivers would certainly be a significant upgrade. If you have room to set a 3rd SuperOne below TV, that would be ideal.
williewonk likes this.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, , Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 , Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.

Last edited by pase22; 05-24-2019 at 11:55 AM.
post #33 of 34 Old 05-24-2019, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pase22 View Post
If you're flush mounting to the wall, NHT are the perfect candidate due to being a sealed cabinet. The 6.5" drivers would certainly be a significant upgrade. If you have room to set a 3rd SuperOne below TV, that would be ideal.
Thank you! They won’t be flush mounted - hoping to mount them on the wall but not in. Is it possible to find an on-wall mount they work with?

Would you say for a center speaker:
SuperOne > superCenter > definitive procenter 1000?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 Old 05-24-2019, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 3083 Post(s)
Liked: 2559
Quote:
Originally Posted by churwitz View Post
Thank you! They won’t be flush mounted - hoping to mount them on the wall but not in. Is it possible to find an on-wall mount they work with?

Would you say for a center speaker:
SuperOne > superCenter > definitive procenter 1000?
It's always best to match the front 3 for a seamless soundstage, but it's not a rule set in stone. Since NHT are sold each and not per pair, no harm in trying them with the Procenter to see if it blends well. You can always order another one or supercenter later on. With such a large space, you may want to consider adding a 2nd Bic sub.

I use B-tech speaker mounts for my setup. The less expensive one would do just fine if you want to save a few bucks.
https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Univers...-2-spons&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/B-Tech-BT77-U...%2C164&sr=8-20
williewonk likes this.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, , Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 , Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.

Last edited by pase22; 05-24-2019 at 12:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page