Estes final mile - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-15-2019, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Estes final mile

Hello - I am expecting my three JBL 590 speakers. I see that the delivery company is called Estes final mile. I see a lot of negative reviews online for them. I just hope they don't bang up my speakers.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-15-2019, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1375 Post(s)
Liked: 938
It looks like most of the negativity isn’t from damaged products but from terrible service, as in they are lazy in where they place the shipment (most of the time not even placing it and forcing the customer is refuse shipment) and very poor delivery schedule (rarely on time). So make sure you abide by all the rules the deliverer sets, and that you are indeed there when they drop it off.

Leave it at 8 ohms and call it a day :)
post #3 of 4 Old 05-15-2019, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russdawg1 View Post
It looks like most of the negativity isn’t from damaged products but from terrible service, as in they are lazy in where they place the shipment (most of the time not even placing it and forcing the customer is refuse shipment) and very poor delivery schedule (rarely on time). So make sure you abide by all the rules the deliverer sets, and that you are indeed there when they drop it off.
Well I had to reschedule delivery to Friday after I had originally confirmed as Thursday. Now the Estes web site shows Thursday and the delivery company has sent me an email confirming Friday. They used a different delivery company for last mile delivery. When I pressed them they said they are a local delivery company and my delivery has been rescheduled for Friday but they don't manage the Estes website and cannot do anything if that still shows Thursday. Since this is three emails so far from the final delivery company confirming Friday, i am hoping that would be correct despite Estes website showing Thursday.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-15-2019, 12:29 PM
Rgb
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 621
If their depot is within reasonable driving distance, you may want to call fo rthem to hold at the depot for pickup if you have/can borrow a vehicle big enough to schlepp them from the depot to home.
That way you have control over the pickup time and final handling.
I did this with the freight company that shipped my first theater seats back in 1999
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page