• 1 Post By mtbittle
  • 1 Post By MIX_MASTER_ICE

post #1 of 22 Old 05-19-2019, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
New home, large theater area

Sure it's been asked a million times, but having trouble finding advice, so asking once more. Short of the long is that I'm looking for a 5.1 system for my new area. Already have a projector and screen that's roughly 9.5x5.5 ft (16:9) and a large seating area (20 ft wide x 20 ft deep). I don't mind piecing together speakers, but want to invest wisely. I'm sure there's better than the Klipsch reference pack, so I'm asking the professionals here, especially since the size of room. Buying a receiver (Onkyo 686 likely), but have roughly $1500 for speakers. I can raise the budget, but I'm not a true audiophile, unfortunately.

For example, I have Edifier 1700 bookends for my Audiotechica record player, and love it. Sure there's better, but looking for cost-experience ratio here too.

Much thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 05-19-2019, 10:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2539 Post(s)
Liked: 2389
For a large home theater with a large seating area, I would strongly suggest getting a pair of quality, powerful subwoofers. Don't skimp out on a couple of $200 budget subs, then later have to re-buy "good" subs for HT. Buy once, cry once. Obviously, $1500 isn't going to be enough of a budget for a 5.2 speaker set up, but you can add speakers as you go. Right now the Monolith THX Ultra 12 sub is on sale from Monoprice via rakuten.com for $660. You could go the route of buying one now, then buying a second later. This would allow you to also get started on your speakers within that $1500 budget.
mpk1970 likes this.

Subs>RBH I-12e/I-12. HSU VTF-15H mk2. Monolith THX 12(x2)/THX 10(x2). XTZ 1X12. SVS PB-1000(x2). Speakers>JBL Studio 530/520c, 270/230/235c/225c, Arena 130/125c. Jamo S807/S803. Pioneer FS52/BS22A/C22. Sony CS3/CS8/CS5. QA 3020i/3090Ci, 2020i/2000c. Monolith AM Cinema 5 bs. Polk RTiA1/CsiA4. Infinity R152. Other Audio>Sony MDR-Z7m2, WH-XB700, XB32, XB31.RBH EP1. Logitech GPro HS. Plantronics RIG 500 Pro HS. LG FH6,RK8,PK5,PH4. UE Boom3.
post #3 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 01:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 2988 Post(s)
Liked: 2481
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbittle View Post
Sure it's been asked a million times, but having trouble finding advice, so asking once more. Short of the long is that I'm looking for a 5.1 system for my new area. Already have a projector and screen that's roughly 9.5x5.5 ft (16:9) and a large seating area (20 ft wide x 20 ft deep). I don't mind piecing together speakers, but want to invest wisely. I'm sure there's better than the Klipsch reference pack, so I'm asking the professionals here, especially since the size of room. Buying a receiver (Onkyo 686 likely), but have roughly $1500 for speakers. I can raise the budget, but I'm not a true audiophile, unfortunately.

For example, I have Edifier 1700 bookends for my Audiotechica record player, and love it. Sure there's better, but looking for cost-experience ratio here too.

Much thanks in advance!
At 3200 cubic feet (assuming 8ft ceiling) you'll need some hefty subs like HSU VTF-3 MK5 as mentioned above. For speakers it depends on your listening habits and seating distance. If you listen at or close to theater levels, you'll be looking at high efficiency speakers with compression drivers like PSA. If you listen at more moderate levels, Klipsch and JBL would actually be good options for HT use.
mpk1970 likes this.

Kef Q100 FL/FR,SL/SR, Q200C, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, , Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 , Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 05:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 1274 Post(s)
Liked: 1415
If JBL 590s still on sale check them out or the Emotiva T2s

Both of these budget towers are on sale and be difficult beat for your budget.....plus the Emo C2 center would work wonderful
Put a pair of Emo T1s in the back

You basically can do Emo T2s front, C2 center and T1s in rear for around $1500 for whole set since they all on sale....that would be kick ass system!!!

Then like Mixmaster said get 2 high quality subs and you are absolutely set........

Set up #1 Speakers LRC: Emotiva T2 & C2, Rears: Emotiva B1, Subs (2) 2019 JTR 118HTs, Receiver: Marantz SR5012, 7.2,100 Watt, AMP: Outlaw5000
Set up #2 Son's Room: QA3020i LR, Emotiva C1 Center, Denon AVR, Subs (2) HSU VTF2 MK5,
Set up #3 Elab B6 2.0 Debut w Fosi Audio amp 50W Set up #4 QA3020 w Fosi Audio amp 50W Set up #5 Chane's A1.4 w Fosi Audio 50W amp
post #5 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8451 Post(s)
Liked: 5636
Quote:

Much thanks in advance!
Where are you located in case there is a local speaker maker near you or an excellent well known retailer.

Folks here will have you blowing your entire budget on massive subs but, in reality, as in my secondary room, you can get a satisfying movie experience in a large room using more modest subs like RSL's Speedwoofer 10 which is $400 with free returns if not happy.

Geoff A. J., California
post #6 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4412 Post(s)
Liked: 2478
Quote:

Much thanks in advance!

A set of Emotiva T1's, a C2, and a pair of E1's on clearance would be excellent. T2's don't look to be available anymore. The tweeter is a little low on the T1, so you can always buy pre-made or build a couple small pedestals to elevate the speakers a little bit. Then you can get that Rakuten deal on the THX 12" sub from Monoprice. That would keep you pretty much in budget for speakers and get you started with a solid sub.

Have you considered Dolby Atmos and DTS: X immersive surround? That is absolutely worth looking into. I would rather you spend the money on something like this on closeout with a free gift card bonus than a cheapy Onkyo:

https://www.newegg.com/p/12K-001H-00...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; 05-20-2019 at 10:55 AM.
post #7 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
Folks here will have you blowing your entire budget on massive subs but, in reality, as in my secondary room, you can get a satisfying movie experience in a large room using more modest subs like RSL's Speedwoofer 10 which is $400 with free returns if not happy.

IMO, that's some terrible advice. Time and time again over my years here on AVS I have seen people buy lesser subs, then later upgrade due to not being satisfied. I've even done it myself multiple times. For a large home theater I wouldn't even have the RSL Speedwoofer 10s on my LONG list of possibles. The Monolith 12 is far more capable and accurate. It's not even remotely close comparing these two for home theater. Speedwoofer 10S is $400 and the Monolith 12 is currently available for $660. $260 difference, but the capability differences are much more than that price difference. Example, the Monolith 12 max output at 31.5Hz is 111.3db, while the 10s is 102.2dB. To break that down, it would roughly take three Speedowoofer 10s subs placed together to equal the output capability of the Monolith 12. At 20Hz four Speedwoofer 10's still wouldn't equal the output capability of one Monolith 12. BTW, 30Hz is right around the F3 point of the 10s as measured by Soundandvision.com and Brent Butterworth. It's smaller driver and cabinet don't allow it to produce lower extension and output the Monolith 12 is capable of. These are key aspects to a home theater sub. And that's not even mentioning the accuracy and how clean the Monolith 12 plays, plus the flexibility it offers with mutiple set up configurations. Is the Monolith 12 worth $260 more than the 10s? Yeah, I think maybe it is.

Subs>RBH I-12e/I-12. HSU VTF-15H mk2. Monolith THX 12(x2)/THX 10(x2). XTZ 1X12. SVS PB-1000(x2). Speakers>JBL Studio 530/520c, 270/230/235c/225c, Arena 130/125c. Jamo S807/S803. Pioneer FS52/BS22A/C22. Sony CS3/CS8/CS5. QA 3020i/3090Ci, 2020i/2000c. Monolith AM Cinema 5 bs. Polk RTiA1/CsiA4. Infinity R152. Other Audio>Sony MDR-Z7m2, WH-XB700, XB32, XB31.RBH EP1. Logitech GPro HS. Plantronics RIG 500 Pro HS. LG FH6,RK8,PK5,PH4. UE Boom3.

Last edited by MIX_MASTER_ICE; 05-20-2019 at 02:10 PM.
post #8 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 50
My living space is open to my kitchen and dining room. So I have over 6000 cubic feet of space to fill. I ended up going with an SVS PC-4000. I needed a BIG sub that didnt take up a huge space. The cylinder shape helps with that. It fills the space great for my viewing area. I would love to get a second one if I get the chance. Check out SVS's Outlet section, I was able to get my pc-4000 for $1499, its normally $1799
post #9 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
Quote:

IMO, that's some terrible advice. Time and time again over my years here on AVS I have seen people buy lesser subs, then later upgrade due to not being satisfied. I've even done it myself multiple times. For a large home theater I wouldn't even have the RSL Speedwoofer 10s on my LONG list of possibles. The Monolith 12 is far more capable and accurate. It's not even remotely close comparing these two for home theater. Speedwoofer 10S is $400 and the Monolith 12 is currently available for $660. $260 difference, but the capability differences are much more than that price difference. Example, the Monolith 12 max output at 31.5Hz is 111.3db, while the 10s is 102.2. To break that down, it would roughly take three Speedowoofer 10s subs placed together to equal the output capability of the Monolith 12. At 20Hz four Speedwoofer 10's still wouldn't equal the output capability of one Monolith 12. BTW, 30Hz is right around the F3 point of the 10s as measured by Soundandvision.com and Brent Butterworth. It's smaller driver and cabinet don't allow it to produce lower extension and output the Monolith 12 is capable of. These are key aspects to a home theater sub. And that's not even mentioning the accuracy and how clean the Monolith 12 plays, plus the flexibility it offers with mutiple set up configurations. Is the Monolith 12 worth $260 more than the 10s? Yeah, I think maybe it is.[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
+1. Monolith 12 > RSL Speedwoofer 10

post #10 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
IMO, that's some terrible advice. Time and time again over my years here on AVS I have seen people buy lesser subs, then later upgrade due to not being satisfied. I've even done it myself multiple times. For a large home theater I wouldn't even have the RSL Speedwoofer 10s on my LONG list of possibles. The Monolith 12 is far more capable and accurate. It's not even remotely close comparing these two for home theater. Speedwoofer 10S is $400 and the Monolith 12 is currently available for $660. $260 difference, but the capability differences are much more than that price difference. Example, the Monolith 12 max output at 31.5Hz is 111.3db, while the 10s is 102.2dB. To break that down, it would roughly take three Speedowoofer 10s subs placed together to equal the output capability of the Monolith 12. At 20Hz four Speedwoofer 10's still wouldn't equal the output capability of one Monolith 12. BTW, 30Hz is right around the F3 point of the 10s as measured by Soundandvision.com and Brent Butterworth. It's smaller driver and cabinet don't allow it to produce lower extension and output the Monolith 12 is capable of. These are key aspects to a home theater sub. And that's not even mentioning the accuracy and how clean the Monolith 12 plays, plus the flexibility it offers with mutiple set up configurations. Is the Monolith 12 worth $260 more than the 10s? Yeah, I think maybe it is.
I've had 15" "state of the art in their day" subs in my 5.1 system since 1986 so I get the value of a great sub assuming you have the budget to pull it off.

But for those on a budget bassheads are the bane of AVS IMHO.

My personal experience in my secondary room tells me that satisfactory results indeed can be achieved even with modest gear...which is what the OP is actually looking for.

Despite the "numbers" Brent Butterworth had a lot of very good things to say about the Speedwoofer 10s.

"What caught my ear first was the way the Speedwoofer 10 handled the spaceship flyovers. It really seemed to grab hold of my listening room the way a big super-subwoofer like the Hsu Research VTF-15H Mk2 does; I felt an awesome, slightly frightening shake in my chair. For a 10-inch subwoofer, this is excellent performance. It handled the explosion easily, giving me that same scary, edge-of-the-seat experience. When the drama moved to the Chancellor's office, I noticed that the conversation sounded extremely clear, no matter who was speaking. And the ominous low-frequency tones that run underneath the dialogue were easy to hear; with some small systems, they're mostly lost."

https://hometheaterreview.com/rogers...stem-reviewed/

"For me, the BasX S12’s most obvious competitor is the Rogersound Labs (RSL) Speedwoofer 10S ($399). The RSL is my reference for affordable subwoofers because it sounds great, and its output is more like what I typically measure from $600 subs. The Speedwoofer 10S has a 350W amp, a 10” driver, and a cabinet with a volume about 25% less than the Emotiva sub’s. I compared the two at length, placing each in the same spot in turn and matching their levels.

Asking which of these two subs is better is like asking which is the better color, red or blue. The BasX S12 did have more output in the deepest bass frequencies, but it tended to exaggerate that output somewhat. I could generalize that the Speedwoofer 10S might be a better choice for an audiophile two-channel system, while the BasX S12 might be a better choice for a home theater, but your tastes might lead you to a different conclusion."

https://www.soundstageaccess.com/ind...-s12-subwoofer

Looking at the OP's needs, this RSL system with free returns if not happy, sounds like a very good fit.

https://rslspeakers.com/products/cg2...heater-system/

Geoff A. J., California
post #11 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2657 Post(s)
Liked: 2435
Quote:
Not everyone has the same preference for bass. For many on this forum they would laugh at having "just" a pair of Mono 12s in that size room.

I have a fair amount of output in my smallish room for movies and occasional music but in my bedroom at around 2600 cubic feet I have a polk 8" sub for music only and it's enough for what and how I listen.

For the OP working with a limited budget it's going to be tough and compromises will have to be made somewhere unless they are willing to piece things a little at a time.

But for sure the Mono 12 at that price is a great deal. If that deal goes away the HSU VTF2.5 would be the next best choice.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
post #12 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
Monolith 12 had better be at twice the price but the OP would likely be better off with dual Speedwoofers than a single Monolith 12 in his space.

Remember he can buy the RSL system and return the sub and keep the speakers if not happy, or return the whole set with zero financial risk...or he can choose to add a second.

Geoff A. J., California
post #13 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Monolith 12 had better be at twice the price but the OP would likely be better off with dual Speedwoofers than a single Monolith 12 in his space.

Remember he can buy the RSL system and return the sub and keep the speakers if not happy, or return the whole set with zero financial risk...or he can choose to add a second.

Monolith 12 is currently $660 on sale, so that's only $260 more. It's in a whole other league compared to the 10s. Heck, the Monolith 10, which was recently on sale for $375, is far more capable than the 10s.

Last edited by MIX_MASTER_ICE; 05-20-2019 at 04:10 PM.
post #14 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

Like others have said, the Monolith THX 12 is on sale, which really makes it the better buy by quite a lot.

post #15 of 22 Old 05-20-2019, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thanks so much for all the great info here. Really appreciate it! Certainly have some homework to do, but you've definitely helped me narrow things down.
Dan Hitchman likes this.
post #16 of 22 Old 05-21-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Monolith 12 is currently $660 on sale, so that's only $260 more. It's in a whole other league compared to the 10s. Heck, the Monolith 10, which was recently on sale for $375, is far more capable than the 10s.
Can't recall if the HSU VTF2 is one of the subs you auditioned.

If so how does it stack up to the Monolith 12 in your opinion?

$607 every day price for that 12" sub is also a good deal if the OP doesn't want to go for dual smaller subs.

Geoff A. J., California
post #17 of 22 Old 05-21-2019, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Can't recall if the HSU VTF2 is one of the subs you auditioned.

If so how does it stack up to the Monolith 12 in your opinion?

$607 every day price for that 12" sub is also a good deal if the OP doesn't want to go for dual smaller subs.

VTF-2.5 is one I have never had the pleasure of owning or auditioning. $607/shipped is a fair price on it and sometimes it goes on sale for I think $577. It should have, at least by reviewers who have measured it, a little more output capability above 50Hz, but less lower in range compared to the Monolith 12. I think the biggest factor would be in how these subs sound. I do have the HSU flagship sub, the VTF-15H MK2 and there is a noticeable difference in how it sounds compared to even the Monolith 12. One other factor is to get the lowest extension with the VTF-2.5 you must run it in one port mode, which does greatly increase the chance of port noise being an issue. The VTF-3.5 also suffers from this, but the VTF-15H not quite as much from my experience. Port noise with the Monolith 12 really isn't a factor, even in one port mode. You have to try REALLY hard to make it produce any foul sound. It plays incredibly clean with extremely low distortion. Claridy created an incredibly beefy and high performing driver and the large cabinet also helps in this regard.

To elaborate on the port modes, the VTF-2.5 has a max output of 97.5dB in one port mode and 87.3dB in 2 port mode @16Hz. Monolith THX Ultra 12 has max output of 98.5dB in one port mode and 97.6dB in 2 port mode @16Hz. So with the Monolith you lose very output in 2 port mode, but the HSU you lose a lot and are really forced to go 1 port mode to get anything usable. So if you want that lower extension with the VTF-2.5 it must be in 1 port mode and that creates the potential for increased distortion and port noise. It's very similar to how the Outlaw Ultra X12 performs, with the same basic design.

So the VTF-2.5 is a really good sub for the $600ish price and it is smaller than the Monolith 12 or PB-2000. I usually advocate for buying ANY electronics on sale and would never recommend buying the Monolith 12 for $800, since it does occasionally go on sale. The HSU sales are minimal, so $30 off isn't such a big discount. I'm not aware of SVS ever discounting the PB-2000 new, but they do run used and damaged units on sale in their outlet. When the price of the Monolith 12 and VTF-2.5 is only a round $50, that's a no brainer to get the Monolith, IMO.
gajCA likes this.

post #18 of 22 Old 05-21-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
VTF-2.5 is one I have never had the pleasure of owning or auditioning. $607/shipped is a fair price on it and sometimes it goes on sale for I think $577. It should have, at least by reviewers who have measured it, a little more output capability above 50Hz, but less lower in range compared to the Monolith 12. I think the biggest factor would be in how these subs sound. I do have the HSU flagship sub, the VTF-15H MK2 and there is a noticeable difference in how it sounds compared to even the Monolith 12. One other factor is to get the lowest extension with the VTF-2.5 you must run it in one port mode, which does greatly increase the chance of port noise being an issue. The VTF-3.5 also suffers from this, but the VTF-15H not quite as much from my experience. Port noise with the Monolith 12 really isn't a factor, even in one port mode. You have to try REALLY hard to make it produce any foul sound. It plays incredibly clean with extremely low distortion. Claridy created an incredibly beefy and high performing driver and the large cabinet also helps in this regard.

To elaborate on the port modes, the VTF-2.5 has a max output of 97.5dB in one port mode and 87.3dB in 2 port mode @16Hz. Monolith THX Ultra 12 has max output of 98.5dB in one port mode and 97.6dB in 2 port mode @16Hz. So with the Monolith you lose very output in 2 port mode, but the HSU you lose a lot and are really forced to go 1 port mode to get anything usable. So if you want that lower extension with the VTF-2.5 it must be in 1 port mode and that creates the potential for increased distortion and port noise. It's very similar to how the Outlaw Ultra X12 performs, with the same basic design.

So the VTF-2.5 is a really good sub for the $600ish price and it is smaller than the Monolith 12 or PB-2000. I usually advocate for buying ANY electronics on sale and would never recommend buying the Monolith 12 for $800, since it does occasionally go on sale. The HSU sales are minimal, so $30 off isn't such a big discount. I'm not aware of SVS ever discounting the PB-2000 new, but they do run used and damaged units on sale in their outlet. When the price of the Monolith 12 and VTF-2.5 is only a round $50, that's a no brainer to get the Monolith, IMO.
Thanks.

I guess you must listen at higher SPLs than I do as the only HSU I've heard is the VTF1 at my sister in laws and while we played what I consider to be loud for a movie never noticed any port noise/chuffing issues with the smallest HSU which seems to be the natural competitor with the Speedwoofer.

Geoff A. J., California
post #19 of 22 Old 05-21-2019, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks.

I guess you must listen at higher SPLs than I do as the only HSU I've heard is the VTF1 at my sister in laws and while we played what I consider to be loud for a movie never noticed any port noise/chuffing issues with the smallest HSU which seems to be the natural competitor with the Speedwoofer.

I never listen at even reference levels. Port noise doesn't just occur with crazy high volume levels. It's more so with what frequency is being played. That's why I and others who try subs have some LFE movie scenes that are known to cause issues. A few I've always liked to use are the rope break scene in Oblivion, grenade scene in WWZ and the server room scene in Pulse. When you get something playing around the port tune and the port starts taking over from the driver, a lot of air gets moved. This shows pretty plainly the limitations of the sub in regards to port noise. This is why I could never recommend the Rythmik LV12R. It did a really poor job handling lower LFE, while I ran the exactly same settings and levels with the RBH I-12 and it had no real issues. Of course the I-12, even in lowest extension mode, still uses two of the three 3" ports, with one plugged.

post #20 of 22 Old 05-21-2019, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I don't know how your sister has the VTF-1 set up or configured. Obviously how hot the sub is being ran, what port configuration, q Control setting and what source material is being played all play a factor in how the sub will perform. Audioholics did a review and measured the VTF-1 and noted it had port chuffing issues in 1 port mode. I think the $400-$500 range of subs is pretty interesting. You have the VTF-1 for $455, RSL Speedwoofer 10S for $400, SVS PB-1000 for $500 and Monolith THX Select 10 for $500. Only the Monolith 10 is using basically the same components of it's bigger brothers. I don't think RSL has any bigger subs in their line. The Monolith 10 is also least expensive and the only 10" sub to achieve the Audioholics large room rating.

Last edited by MIX_MASTER_ICE; 05-21-2019 at 02:23 PM.
post #21 of 22 Old 05-21-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
I don't know how your sister has the VTF-1 set up or configured. Obviously how hot the sub is being ran, what port configuration, q Control setting and what source material is being played all play a factor in how the sub will perform. I think the $400-$500 range of subs is pretty interesting. You have the VTF-1 for $455, RSL Speedwoofer 10S for $400, SVS PB-1000 for $500 and Monolith THX Select 10 for $500. Only the Monolith 10 is using basically the same components of it's bigger brothers. I don't think RSL has any bigger subs in their line. The Monolith 10 is also least expensive and the only 10" sub to achieve the Audioholics large room rating.
Interestingly while Audioholics has reviewed a ton of SVS subs I can't find one for the PB1000.

Geoff A. J., California
post #22 of 22 Old 05-21-2019, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Interestingly while Audioholics has reviewed a ton of SVS subs I can't find one for the PB1000.

I don't think Audioholics ever reviewed the PB-1000. Brent Butterworth reviewed it, I think for soundandvision, but that review was much maligned due to his numbers being out of whack. I think his numbers had the PB-1000 being much stronger than the PB12-NSD and some of the higher frequency numbers were crazy high.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page