• 1 Post By RayGuy
  • 1 Post By dan webster

post #1 of 8 Old 05-25-2019, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Polk quality?

Is there a reason none of the specialty av stores sell Polk? I am looking to buy a set of speakers for 5.1.4 and had someone recommend Polk to me. But when I check with any shops they tell me that polk is garbage aren’t solid in hifi shops. I have also heard the same about denon after a change in ownership a few years back. What receiver and speakers can I get without breaking a $5k budget?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-25-2019, 07:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 360
The Polk LSiM line of speakers are very good and you can get some decent prices on Adorama most of the time. As for Denon, they have some very good AVRs from a price/features/performance standpoint like the x4400h/x4500h.
audiofreak38 likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-25-2019, 10:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2515 Post(s)
Liked: 2262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhopperts View Post
Is there a reason none of the specialty av stores sell Polk? I am looking to buy a set of speakers for 5.1.4 and had someone recommend Polk to me. But when I check with any shops they tell me that polk is garbage aren’t solid in hifi shops. I have also heard the same about denon after a change in ownership a few years back. What receiver and speakers can I get without breaking a $5k budget?
You can buy polk at Best Buy. Why would a high end store want to compete with that?
eljaycanuck likes this.

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-26-2019, 02:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 2988 Post(s)
Liked: 2481
Quote:
If it's mainly for TV & movies, Klipsch RP series may be a good option. If you have a larger room and listen at theater levels, PSA would be a good starting point. Depending on room size, you're looking at about 2k (give or take) just for AVR and subs.

We need a little more information.

Kef Q100 FL/FR,SL/SR, Q200C, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, , Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 , Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-26-2019, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
Quote:
You can buy polk at Best Buy. Why would a high end store want to compete with that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pase22 View Post
Quote:
If it's mainly for TV & movies, Klipsch RP series may be a good option. If you have a larger room and listen at theater levels, PSA would be a good starting point. Depending on room size, you're looking at about 2k (give or take) just for AVR and subs.

We need a little more information.
Thanks for the feedback. Main purpose is movies. Room size is 12’x18’...7.5’ ceiling.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-26-2019, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 2988 Post(s)
Liked: 2481
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. Main purpose is movies. Room size is 12’x18’...7.5’ ceiling.
Have you been out to listen to any speakers? What did you like and dislike? It's difficult to recommend anything specific without knowing what type of sound signature you prefer. That said, Klipsch RP, JBL Studio & Chane are good candidates for HT use. Lots of good internet direct options as well.

Kef Q100 FL/FR,SL/SR, Q200C, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, , Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 , Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-26-2019, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 228
I have had lots of expensive speakers and the polk lsim line is fantastic. They are very under rated. i have the 707 towers in my 2 channel system. If you can get the adorama deal you cant go wrong. Did i mention they are absolutely beautiful to look at also.
Panson likes this.

Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 YamahaCX-A5200 Gemstone 200x7 Emotiva upa-500 amps
Oppo 103 Sony UBP-X800 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Jvc RS520 projector
silver ticket 125 2.35 screen Golden Ear Triton 5 L&R
super center XXL triton 7's sides Martin logan motion 12 rears
4 RSL C34 in ceiling SVS PB2-plus sub Outlaw LFM-1-plus sub
post #8 of 8 Old 05-27-2019, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
I’d have to agree with Dan and M0j0. The LSiM series from Polk are excellent speakers and very nice looking as well. I have the LSiM 707’s as my right and left with LSiM 706 as my center and I am very happy with them. They sound great for music and movies. Best of all, they are 50% off right now directly from Polk.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________
Running 5.2.4, Yamaha RX-A 2070, Parasound A31, Polk LSiM 707 (Fronts), Polk LSiM 706 (Center), Polk OWM3 (Surround), Polk TL3 (Atmos), Dual HSU ULS-15 MK2 Subs, Epson 5030UB, Silver Ticket 110"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page