Best Bookshelf and Center for Vocal Clarity, Emotiva? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #31 of 31 Old 05-30-2019, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1933 Post(s)
Liked: 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0nestar8 View Post
The emotiva b1's are remarkably flat across the midrange considering their price. Here's a comparison to the "bright" Kef Q100:

Even the off-axis response is without any major midrange dips:

The broad hump centered around ~1.5kHz will make them even more intelligible for the human voice. The b1's have the kind of flatness you normally only see in studio monitors (which is what movies/TV are mixed on, not coincidentally) and "luxury" brands like Revel, Dyanudio, etc. In fact, the emos are probably much more neutral than either my own Revels or Dyns.

By all accounts, the little b1's are about as flat and clear as can be had for the price and are a great choice for clear dialogue/vocals.
Dennis also measured similar fr from the b1.. a little more plateau at 800hz to 1.5 khz as i recall .. i can attest to the clarity of voices.. they are a good budget bet...edit: they wouldn't be my 1st choice for voice clarity , but above the standard average ...

YAMAHA TSR 5790.. front l/r emotiva b1's and /or kef q100's ..BIC v1220.....Emotiva basx10.... ascend cbm 170 center.. polk t15 rears..samsung 55" j620d
bedroom .. YAMAHA r-xv 383... front l/r.. wharfedale 10.1s... ascend cbm 170 center ... Emotiva basx8... samsung ku6300 50 in

Last edited by Lp85253; 05-30-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page