Whats a higher end version of Elac Debut 2.0? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By FlashGordon30
  • 1 Post By skylolow

post #1 of 8 Old 06-10-2019, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Whats a higher end version of Elac Debut 2.0?

I have just returned my emotiva 3.0 system because I still was getting a sort of muddy and dark hard to understand dialog. I played with audessy 1000 times and finally i used my own eq chops (im an audio engineer) and i still could not dial in a nice eq curve for better sound. So I purchased the Elac debut 3.0 system and I finally am happy. I can even watch subpar (audio Quality) dish movies on FX and at LOW LEVELs! this is amazing for me. It has a great eq curve that is lean and articulate but still not revealing itself as bright. I love these speakers. Im just wondering if anyone could point me to the expensive versions of these? I tried the unifi series already by the way and I like the debut 2.0 much better for hometheater not so much for music. I am leaning towards ELac Adante, Revel, or Focal. Does anyone have any advice on what I should look forward to for my endgame?
azada likes this.

Last edited by FlashGordon30; 06-10-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-10-2019, 06:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 1686 Post(s)
Liked: 1676
For the next step up that’s good with music and movies, I would look at the Klipsch RP line.

--------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE:
Lots of stuff. Check the Audio Gear Classifieds
post #3 of 8 Old 06-10-2019, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What speakers is great is very "user" driven in the end.

Emotiva is very popular speaker on here but for you just didn't quite cut it.

There isn't much wrong with ELAC debut 3.0 for home theater. Especially if you enjoy the sound quality your getting because that is all the really matters in the end.

I personally fell in love with the Infinity Reference series(towers and rc263 center). Super clean and crisp mid and highs. Lows could use a little more boom but that is what two HSU subs handle and it sounds great for home theater or music to my ears.

I don't know how much you want to spend but I don't think the "endgame" really exist for most. $$$$$$$$$$$ vs performance in speakers is just a crazy spread across the board.
FlashGordon30 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-15-2019, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8575 Post(s)
Liked: 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashGordon30 View Post
I have just returned my emotiva 3.0 system because I still was getting a sort of muddy and dark hard to understand dialog. I played with audessy 1000 times and finally i used my own eq chops (im an audio engineer) and i still could not dial in a nice eq curve for better sound. So I purchased the Elac debut 3.0 system and I finally am happy. I can even watch subpar (audio Quality) dish movies on FX and at LOW LEVELs! this is amazing for me. It has a great eq curve that is lean and articulate but still not revealing itself as bright. I love these speakers. Im just wondering if anyone could point me to the expensive versions of these? I tried the unifi series already by the way and I like the debut 2.0 much better for hometheater not so much for music. I am leaning towards ELac Adante, Revel, or Focal. Does anyone have any advice on what I should look forward to for my endgame?
Hard to say.

Good news is that Crutchfield offers $10/box returns on bookshelves and $75/pair for towers within 60 days and carries those brands and others that measure well so your financial risk is not that high.

Geoff A. J., California
post #5 of 8 Old 06-15-2019, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 3088 Post(s)
Liked: 2570
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashGordon30 View Post
Since you like the Elac sound, trying out the Adante would be a good place to start. Focal Aria, Paradigm prestige, Kef R series, Revel Performa would all be a noticeable step up from the Elac Debut.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, , Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 , Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-15-2019, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
Hard to say.

Good news is that Crutchfield offers $10/box returns on bookshelves and $75/pair for towers within 60 days and carries those brands and others that measure well so your financial risk is not that high.
That is a great way to audition speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pase22 View Post
Since you like the Elac sound, trying out the Adante would be a good place to start. Focal Aria, Paradigm prestige, Kef R series, Revel Performa would all be a noticeable step up from the Elac Debut.
Or these:

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)

Last edited by Soulburner; 06-15-2019 at 02:55 PM.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-15-2019, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8575 Post(s)
Liked: 5773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
That is a great way to audition speakers.

Crutchfield also carries Dynaudio, Monitor Audio, PSB, and Sonus Faber among others.

Perhaps the OP can gain some insight from these measurements as he seems to prefer a not pronounced level of treble or midrange.

https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/in...=16&Itemid=140

Geoff A. J., California
post #8 of 8 Old 06-15-2019, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2962 Post(s)
Liked: 2875
Quote:
Originally Posted by pase22 View Post
Bingo

----------------
Who AM I
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page