Worth replacing Energy RC with SVS speakers? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kini62

post #1 of 3 Old 06-18-2019, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Worth replacing Energy RC with SVS speakers?

Just moved into our new custom house where I finally got to build a media room. Currently have 2 Energy RC-70 towers, RC-LCR center, Energy V-SW10. The media installer for the home put in Episode 1500 in wall and in ceiling for my sides and rears equaling a 7.1 surround. Installers calibrated the system which I am needing to double check before making a decision but really like the sound of the Episode speakers while my long time Energy fronts are sounding very warm, muffled and lacking in this new setup. Considering moving the Energy to another room for music and replace with SVS Pinnacle towers, SVS Ultra Center and either an SVS PB 3000 or PB 4000 sub. Any thoughts of if this is a step up or to the side? Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-18-2019, 01:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 2680 Post(s)
Liked: 2470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike44 View Post
Just moved into our new custom house where I finally got to build a media room. Currently have 2 Energy RC-70 towers, RC-LCR center, Energy V-SW10. The media installer for the home put in Episode 1500 in wall and in ceiling for my sides and rears equaling a 7.1 surround. Installers calibrated the system which I am needing to double check before making a decision but really like the sound of the Episode speakers while my long time Energy fronts are sounding very warm, muffled and lacking in this new setup. Considering moving the Energy to another room for music and replace with SVS Pinnacle towers, SVS Ultra Center and either an SVS PB 3000 or PB 4000 sub. Any thoughts of if this is a step up or to the side? Thanks for any input.
SVS makes it easy to hear for yourself so I say go for it. 2 subs are almost always better than one especially if you have multiple seats.
Hetfieldjames and Pike44 like this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
post #3 of 3 Old 06-18-2019, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
SVS makes it easy to hear for yourself so I say go for it. 2 subs are almost always better than one especially if you have multiple seats.
Thanks. Currently feeling bad demoing them that way and for sure returning as I'd be buying through someone who gets a very heavy discount. SVS price would be $4,199.96 for all 4 speakers while I'd be getting them for $2,400. Media installers for some reason only wired for one sub so was thinking I'd go for the PB 4000 which specs are way above my Energy sub. Current seating arrangement is a 4 seat sofa with an attached chaise for 1 row seating as 2 rows felt a little tight since I also work from home in this room so my desk area takes up the back of the room.

Last edited by Pike44; 06-18-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page