AVS Forum banner

Hear the differences in speakers, ONLINE!?!!?

491 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Russdawg1 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It does work to a certain degree with a good set of headphones. I use my Sony MDR-Z7M2's, which the previous model is on their list. I used this when I was debating on a few different pairs of bookshelf speakers to buy. The Speakercompare had the Polk RTiA1's sounding good to me, so I bought them and have been very happy with them. So 1 for 1 in my book.:D

#4 ·
yes, we have discuss this in several threads since Crutchfields started the on line thing in 2018. Off course, even with really good headphones, the speakers will sound different live, since the speakers are using drivers "other than" the ones in your headphones and of course, the service is only as good as your headphones. Lastly, some speaker will interact with your room differently than others, so there is that. But anyway, good effort by Crutchfield to try to provide an on line listening...just not sure I would buy based on a listening session on line!

#6 ·
Yes you can rent some audiophile level headphones through Crutchfield. I have some high end headphones and played around with the online listening tool a little and at a high level you may be able to hear some of the sonic differences between speakers. As mentioned above it is not really close to being able to listen in our own room, with your own gear, but it is better than nothing and might help you narrow down a choice to a couple speakers for an in-room demo.

With so many brick and mortar speaker stores and department stores closing, this is the future vs trying to be able to listen in person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.