Problems with crossovers going bad - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By pase22
  • 1 Post By pase22

post #1 of 5 Old 06-25-2019, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Problems with crossovers going bad

Any help would be appreciated, I picked up a set up in December, 2 B&W 702 s2's, Marantz sr5013 and audioquest dragonfly dac, audioquest rocket 33 speaker wire, a panamax power conditioner and I now have an SVS PB 1000. Everything was amazing for the first month, I then had some feedback (buzzing, popping) when I accedently unplugged the aux from the dac while playing at a decent volume. Ever since then I noticed the speakers didnt sound the same, the crossovers went bad and I had them replaced and a couple weeks the same thing happened with that pair. I'm now on my third pair, and I have tried everything I know how as far as wiring. Marantz told me to send the reciever into service and the service center told me it is very unlikely it's the reciever as it still functions and has never gone into protection mode or anything like that. Not sure what to do at this point but the speaker crossovers keep going out to where the sound gets crushed to the mid driver, no bass response and extremely flat after a couple weeks of use. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-25-2019, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 3094 Post(s)
Liked: 2574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigal19 View Post
Any help would be appreciated, I picked up a set up in December, 2 B&W 702 s2's, Marantz sr5013 and audioquest dragonfly dac, audioquest rocket 33 speaker wire, a panamax power conditioner and I now have an SVS PB 1000. Everything was amazing for the first month, I then had some feedback (buzzing, popping) when I accedently unplugged the aux from the dac while playing at a decent volume. Ever since then I noticed the speakers didnt sound the same, the crossovers went bad and I had them replaced and a couple weeks the same thing happened with that pair. I'm now on my third pair, and I have tried everything I know how as far as wiring. Marantz told me to send the reciever into service and the service center told me it is very unlikely it's the reciever as it still functions and has never gone into protection mode or anything like that. Not sure what to do at this point but the speaker crossovers keep going out to where the sound gets crushed to the mid driver, no bass response and extremely flat after a couple weeks of use. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks
If these were repaired under warranty, contact B&W. Tell them the crossover is bad and needs replacing.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 , Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-25-2019, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The problem is that 3 pairs have gone bad, which tells me it's not the speakers it's something in the system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-25-2019, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigal19 View Post
The problem is that 3 pairs have gone bad, which tells me it's not the speakers it's something in the system
I'd try a different AVR/AMP just to be sure. Try removing the power conditioner as well.
vzphoneman likes this.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 , Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-25-2019, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just because the AVR hasn't gone into protection mode, doesn't mean there's nothing wrong with it.
vzphoneman likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page