Upgrading from Polk Rti10 / CSi5? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #1 of 36 Old 07-15-2019, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Upgrading from Polk Rti10 / CSi5?

I posted in Anthem owners thread but thought it may be more appropriate here. I am running into a couple of issues with my 12+ year old Polk HT setup now that I've upgraded my AVR to an Anthem MRX1120. The center (and sometimes the LR) have trouble reaching reference volumes without sever clipping / distortion in the voice. I hadn't noticed this on my previous Marantz SR7009 so I'm not sure if this is a situation where Anthem is pushing more power that the Polk can't handle or something is weird with the Anthem response / amp coloring. I've heard rumblings of different AVR being warmer vs others brighter. Similarly I'm hearing high end harshness I never heard before, causing me to have to step down a few volume notches or run treble at - 4dB. Again - never ran into this when running them on the Marantz.

I've been fiddling with Anthem settings for a few days now and am starting to expect I'll have to replace my speakers. I am hoping to find suggestions on what speakers I should be looking at for primarily watching UHD movies with high quality audio tracks and Netflix. I see a few common brands recommended here (Emotiva, KEF) but not sure what is most appropriate for my AVR and use case. Appreciate any help!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 07-15-2019, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 174
www.powersoundaudio.com

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Transmaniacon likes this.
post #3 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelliott2 View Post
www.powersoundaudio.com

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply! I've just browsed the website and found a couple of reviews. I'm curious how using 10" woofers for such a wide range instead of a mid-driver affects the frequency response. I guess fewer crossovers helps keep the efficiency high - I'm guessing the high efficiency is why you are recommending them? Seems harder to find technical info on them like the crossover freq and response curve. The range seems lower than what other manufacturers publish but that's likely all marketing anyway - none of that matters if they sound great, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1788 Post(s)
Liked: 1626
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyld0 View Post
Thanks for the reply! I've just browsed the website and found a couple of reviews. I'm curious how using 10" woofers for such a wide range instead of a mid-driver affects the frequency response. I guess fewer crossovers helps keep the efficiency high - I'm guessing the high efficiency is why you are recommending them? Seems harder to find technical info on them like the crossover freq and response curve. The range seems lower than what other manufacturers publish but that's likely all marketing anyway - none of that matters if they sound great, right?

Those speakers are sealed and as such aren’t going to play as deep as a ported design. They are intended to be used with a subwoofer, and are very capable. Given your listening habits, it does sound like a high efficiency speaker would suit you well.

5.1: Samsung PN60F5300 | Sony BDP-S1700 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12

2.0: Oppo DV-980H | Apple Airport Express | Topping D30 | Parasound HCA-1500a | Chane A1.4
post #5 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
Those speakers are sealed and as such aren’t going to play as deep as a ported design. They are intended to be used with a subwoofer, and are very capable. Given your listening habits, it does sound like a high efficiency speaker would suit you well.
I have two Rythmik FV15HP that should get the job done for subs. They are fairly well integrated in my room but I went ahead and ordered up a miniDSP to further tune them.

How is the clarity of voice in the center channel with a speaker of this design?

post #6 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have two Rythmik FV15HP that should get the job done for subs. They are fairly well integrated in my room but I went ahead and ordered up a miniDSP to further tune them.

How is the clarity of voice in the center channel with a speaker of this design?

Well that certainly covers the low end...

These speakers have very impressive clarity and power handling, and your ears will give up before they do. They are designed to deliver reference quality sound without missing a beat. You also won’t need expensive external amplification to get there.

I think you’d be amazed at the sound quality they produce. The designer of these speakers is the former designer at SVS and has received near universal praise for his subs and speakers. Feel free to message Tom on the site, he’s incredibly helpful and will answer any specific questions with no pressure to buy.
rhelliott2 likes this.

5.1: Samsung PN60F5300 | Sony BDP-S1700 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12

2.0: Oppo DV-980H | Apple Airport Express | Topping D30 | Parasound HCA-1500a | Chane A1.4
post #7 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7069 Post(s)
Liked: 5373
Quote:
Great subs, I'm envious!

If the PSA speakers fit your budget, space and WAF then I'd grab them since you seem to like reference levels. Have never heard any complaints about them at all.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #8 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba922 View Post
Great subs, I'm envious!

If the PSA speakers fit your budget, space and WAF then I'd grab them since you seem to like reference levels. Have never heard any complaints about them at all.
Forgive my ignorance but aren't I supposed to like reference levels? I thought that was kind of the point of it - this is the volume intended for full movie soundtrack enjoyment. I know it's all personal preference but am I an outlier that I am actually aiming to be able to turn the AVR up to 0 when I'm watching a movie? Just curious as I guess I thought that's what most HT folks were doing.

post #9 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Forgive my ignorance but aren't I supposed to like reference levels? I thought that was kind of the point of it - this is the volume intended for full movie soundtrack enjoyment. I know it's all personal preference but am I an outlier that I am actually aiming to be able to turn the AVR up to 0 when I'm watching a movie? Just curious as I guess I thought that's what most HT folks were doing.

No, very very few people have the luxury or the eardrum endurance to play at reference levels on a regular basis...most are in the 65-75db range. "Reference level" = 85db and up.

To get a real idea of what "reference levels" means, I suggest downloading a free SPL Meter app to your smartphone and seeing how many DBs you are actually getting when playing music or movies at whatever volumes are doable AND enjoyable in *your* home. A receiver's volume level reading is useless.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #10 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
No, very very few people have the luxury or the eardrum endurance to play at reference levels on a regular basis...most are in the 65-75db range. "Reference level" = 85db and up.

To get a real idea of what "reference levels" means, I suggest downloading a free SPL Meter app to your smartphone and seeing how many DBs you are actually getting when playing music or movies at whatever volumes are doable AND enjoyable in *your* home. A receiver's volume level reading is useless.
Got it! My target curve in the AVR room correction software is at 75dB so I guess I'm not at reference levels after all, although the sound approaching that 0 mark on my AVR is great and enjoyable except for the vocals /distortion/highs. I have REW so I could run some tests. Sounds like these PSA could still be a great fit for my use case of primarily movies and TV powered from the Anthem MRX1120.

post #11 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Great subs, I'm envious!

Since it's a dedicated basement theater+bar, the WAF is quite flexible. As long as everything fits in the room / walls, I should be good to go. Looks like I might have some challenges with the width of the surrounds between some windows on one wall, but I think I can make it work with some wood mounting plates. Given that the MRX1120 has full power to the first 5 channels, and lower power for the rear and height speakers, I'm considering getting the towers, center, and wall mount surrounds now and leave my Polk rear and Atmos speakers for now and see how it sounds...

post #12 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I guess fewer crossovers helps keep the efficiency high - I'm guessing the high efficiency is why you are recommending them? none of that matters if they sound great, right?
Correct on the efficiency.

Don't take my word for it. Demo them yourself.

Call Customer service ask for Tom V
post #13 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Got it! My target curve in the AVR room correction software is at 75dB so I guess I'm not at reference levels after all, although the sound approaching that 0 mark on my AVR is great and enjoyable except for the vocals /distortion/highs. I have REW so I could run some tests. Sounds like these PSA could still be a great fit for my use case of primarily movies and TV powered from the Anthem MRX1120.
The PSA speakers are great, no doubt, but 75db average listening is easily had by a great many speakers, no need for super high sensitivity.

Take your pick: Hsu CCB-8, Ascend 340SE, JBL Studio 590, Chane A2.4 and/or A5.4, Emotiva T2/C2, Tektons, etc. just to name a few options.

post #14 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
The PSA speakers are great, no doubt, but 75db average listening is easily had by a great many speakers, no need for super high sensitivity.

Take your pick: Hsu CCB-8, Ascend 340SE, JBL Studio 590, Chane A2.4 and/or A5.4, Emotiva T2/C2, Tektons, etc. just to name a few options.
It's obviously impossible to know what I like just by browsing websites but I was getting the feeling that Emotiva T2 might be the way to go especially since they are on closeout. Unfortunately they are making some changes and C2 are completely sold out. Sounds like new designs coming on both but it will be some time.

I am really intrigued by the PSA but want to make sure I'm not suggesting that volume is the most important thing to me. Truly a great total enveloping experience with clarity and immersion that makes me forget I'm in my basement is the goal (as I'm sure it is for many).

The review on the PSA I read suggested there was a discount code for buying a set. Anyone know about that? I'm hoping to get a few more folks pushing me in a certain direction before I pull the trigger. Auditioning them is great with the 60 day policy but I'm hoping I won't have to return them

post #15 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
The review on the PSA I read suggested there was a discount code for buying a set. Anyone know about that? I'm hoping to get a few more folks pushing me in a certain direction before I pull the trigger. Auditioning them is great with the 60 day policy but I'm hoping I won't have to return them
Best way to go IMO is to order a set of bookshelves from 3 companies and compare, then send back the losers and order the rest of the speakers from the winning company.

Some will give you free return shipping, like HTD (Level 3 bookshelves), RSL, and JBL (I think their free return shipping even includes towers). Crutchfield.com offers flat rate $15 return shipping for everything except towers. Some people have been able to return stuff to Amazon as Prime members without paying any return shipping or restocking fees.

The Emotiva T2 I think can even be purchased as singles if you call up Emotiva directly and ask, in case you can do an identical vertical center which is generally considered to be the best of all possible worlds for the center channel. Or if you can't wait for the new C2 to roll out, you could get a single Chane A2.4 for your center and I'm sure it will blend flawlessly (which it does in my setup with Philharmonic BMRs as L/R).

post #16 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
there was a discount code for buying a set. Anyone know about that? I'm hoping to get a few more folks pushing me in a certain direction before I pull the trigger. Auditioning them is great with the 60 day policy but I'm hoping I won't have to return them

Call or email PSA customer service and ask for a discount code. Tell them you want to buy a L/C/R Tom V might be able to get you a discount code.
post #17 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Best way to go IMO is to order a set of bookshelves from 3 companies and compare, then send back the losers and order the rest of the speakers from the winning company.

Some will give you free return shipping, like HTD (Level 3 bookshelves), RSL, and JBL (I think their free return shipping even includes towers). Crutchfield.com offers flat rate $15 return shipping for everything except towers. Some people have been able to return stuff to Amazon as Prime members without paying any return shipping or restocking fees.

The Emotiva T2 I think can even be purchased as singles if you call up Emotiva directly and ask, in case you can do an identical vertical center which is generally considered to be the best of all possible worlds for the center channel. Or if you can't wait for the new C2 to roll out, you could get a single Chane A2.4 for your center and I'm sure it will blend flawlessly (which it does in my setup with Philharmonic BMRs as L/R).
I've seen Chane pop up a bunch so I just reviewed their website. Similarly priced to Emotiva which is about 1/2 of PSA. They have more technical info on their website and looks good. Nothing wall mount, I guess I'd have to build some shelves of some kind for the book shelves if I go that route.

Hard to understand the overall quality. Really might help if someone explains why my old Polk Rti10 and CSi5 are bad. Most of the write ups I've found on them are old but people are praising them for HT. I don't know if this is a situation where technology and measurement tools has progressed significantly in the last 10 years where we can get much better speakers for cheaper / or similarly priced in the case of PSA. Although I'm sure I got the Polk stuff on clearance so I think I'm just remembering list prices.

post #18 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I've seen Chane pop up a bunch so I just reviewed their website. Similarly priced to Emotiva which is about 1/2 of PSA. They have more technical info on their website and looks good. Nothing wall mount, I guess I'd have to build some shelves of some kind for the book shelves if I go that route.

Hard to understand the overall quality. Really might help if someone explains why my old Polk Rti10 and CSi5 are bad. Most of the write ups I've found on them are old but people are praising them for HT. I don't know if this is a situation where technology and measurement tools has progressed significantly in the last 10 years where we can get much better speakers for cheaper / or similarly priced in the case of PSA. Although I'm sure I got the Polk stuff on clearance so I think I'm just remembering list prices.
Unlike both PSA and Chane, Emotiva does make two wall-flush-mountable surround speakers, the E1 and E2.

To be honest if I were in your shoes I'd keep the RTi10 and just go with a better center...the Chane A2.4 might be all the upgrading you need. If it isn't, THEN I would add the Chane A5.4 or a pair of A2.4 for your L/R. I've read that the old RTi10 and 12 need a beefy external amp to play to their true potential, FWIW...the Chanes would be a much easier load I think. Probably easier than Emotiva (which are 4 ohms not 8).

post #19 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Unlike both PSA and Chane, Emotiva does make two wall-flush-mountable surround speakers, the E1 and E2.

To be honest if I were in your shoes I'd keep the RTi10 and just go with a better center...the Chane A2.4 might be all the upgrading you need. If it isn't, THEN I would add the Chane A5.4 or a pair of A2.4 for your L/R. I've read that the old RTi10 and 12 need a beefy external amp to play to their true potential, FWIW...the Chanes would be a much easier load I think. Probably easier than Emotiva (which are 4 ohms not 8).
Funny - I was considering getting the MRX720 and adding an external 5 channel amp to power the LCR and surrounds and just using the internal amps for back and Atmos but found so many glowing reviews on how the 1120 is plenty powerful and an all in one. So I splurged for the 1120 thinking I wouldn't need an external amp so I'd be kind of ticked off if I still need one for the Polk. I'm not sure more power would fix it though, their response is pretty harsh up high.

It looks like PSA does have some wall mount surrounds.

I'm starting to wonder if you're right regarding the center... Chane over PSA there you think?

post #20 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:

I had Ton of older Polks. ( I love Polk)

RT800i
RT600i
RT2000P
Rti35
RTi6

All one thing in common( cross over failure)

Chane are amazing, for the price, I currently own a pair A1.5 and A2.4. Chane will make a wall mountable speaker soon.

PSA Is not cheap (made in USA) they make great stuff. I currently own a PSA V1510 sub, which I'm very happy with.

Once My kids get older ill get some towers... Maybe Chane's L towers or Some PSA Towers. Chane & PSA are small companies and they will not treat you like a number.

other Brands I would consider is Ascend Acoustics & Salk.
post #21 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
So I splurged for the 1120 thinking I wouldn't need an external amp so I'd be kind of ticked off if I still need one for the Polk. I'm not sure more power would fix it though, their response is pretty harsh up high.

I'm starting to wonder if you're right regarding the center... Chane over PSA there you think?
I'm not really sold on the idea that a super duper amp makes a huge difference, but an easy and inexpensive experiment would be to add one of these to your receiver to power just the RTi10 to see if there's any improvement...if not Amazon should refund most/all of your expense:
https://www.amazon.com/Crown-XLS1002...s%2C136&sr=8-3

Class D amps are a very different animal from traditional Class AB amps: much smaller, run very cool, and cost a whole lot less. They are the dirty little secret that the audio boutique world doesn't want consumers to know about since the profit margins don't compare.

Regarding Chane vs PSA, my general life philosophy is to start at a moderate price point and then incrementally move up as needed...so yes I would try the Chanes first, and reserve the PSA for if you don't feel satisfied with the Chane.

post #22 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 2702 Post(s)
Liked: 2506
Quote:
Funny - I was considering getting the MRX720 and adding an external 5 channel amp to power the LCR and surrounds and just using the internal amps for back and Atmos but found so many glowing reviews on how the 1120 is plenty powerful and an all in one. So I splurged for the 1120 thinking I wouldn't need an external amp so I'd be kind of ticked off if I still need one for the Polk. I'm not sure more power would fix it though, their response is pretty harsh up high.

It looks like PSA does have some wall mount surrounds.

The PSA is more efficient, more dynamic and can play louder with less distortion. The design is much closer to what is in commercial theaters or at least the good ones.
iceatola likes this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
post #23 of 36 Old 07-16-2019, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
The PSA is more efficient, more dynamic and can play louder with less distortion. The design is much closer to what is in commercial theaters or at least the good ones.
Yeah I'm wondering if I just start with a center if I should just go with the PSA center and see how it sounds with my Polk L and R towers. If I love it, maybe I'll add the towers. I'm definitely down with using subs, but I'm kind of trying to figure out if the narrower response range will bother me at all.

post #24 of 36 Old 07-17-2019, 05:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah I'm wondering if I just start with a center if I should just go with the PSA center and see how it sounds with my Polk L and R towers. If I love it, maybe I'll add the towers. I'm definitely down with using subs, but I'm kind of trying to figure out if the narrower response range will bother me at all.

You are going to hamstring that center with the Polk Towers in my opinion. It certainly would work well, but it’s a lot to spend on something you won’t be using to it’s full extent.

If you plan to upgrade the whole sound stage, then go for it, but if you just want a center change, I’d snag a Chane A2.4 and be done with it for a lot less coin.

post #25 of 36 Old 07-17-2019, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
You are going to hamstring that center with the Polk Towers in my opinion. It certainly would work well, but it’s a lot to spend on something you won’t be using to it’s full extent.

If you plan to upgrade the whole sound stage, then go for it, but if you just want a center change, I’d snag a Chane A2.4 and be done with it for a lot less coin.
The irony is that if I go Chane, it's a lot more affordable to upgrade the towers as well as the wall flush mount speakers they are coming out with soon. Also looks like they'll have a newer / bigger center channel coming soon too...

The center is so cheap compared to what I was considering spending for a full set of new PSA that it's almost inconsequential. I just want to make sure it's a true upgrade over the Polk CSi5.

post #26 of 36 Old 07-17-2019, 11:05 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8796 Post(s)
Liked: 5981
Quote:
The irony is that if I go Chane, it's a lot more affordable to upgrade the towers as well as the wall flush mount speakers they are coming out with soon. Also looks like they'll have a newer / bigger center channel coming soon too...

The center is so cheap compared to what I was considering spending for a full set of new PSA that it's almost inconsequential. I just want to make sure it's a true upgrade over the Polk CSi5.

AVS did a review of PSA speakers and really really liked them but made the caveat that for normal sized rooms and "normal" vs extreme listening volumes the lesser priced alternatives you are talking about were just as good.

My sister in law has Polk TSi towers and center and despite the "hate" for them on AVS I found that after "fixing" mistakes made by Audyssey that they actually sounded very good so I'm assuming your CSi/RTi combo is that much better.

I think buying a pair of bookshelves, or just the center, from Chane or similar would be the best way to discover if they would be "next level" for you.

No need to leap to PSA unless extreme fidelity at very high volumes is your goal IMHO.

Geoff A. J., California
post #27 of 36 Old 07-17-2019, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 3213 Post(s)
Liked: 2670
Quote:

If you're clipping with 2 FV15's and a flagship AVR something doesn't sound right. The speakers are set to small and crossed over at 80hz-90hz?

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 , Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #28 of 36 Old 07-17-2019, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pase22 View Post
If you're clipping with 2 FV15's and a flagship AVR something doesn't sound right. The speakers are set to small and crossed over at 80hz-90hz?
Clipping and vocal distortion is occurring on the highs, not the lows.

post #29 of 36 Old 07-17-2019, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
AVS did a review of PSA speakers and really really liked them but made the caveat that for normal sized rooms and "normal" vs extreme listening volumes the lesser priced alternatives you are talking about were just as good.

My sister in law has Polk TSi towers and center and despite the "hate" for them on AVS I found that after "fixing" mistakes made by Audyssey that they actually sounded very good so I'm assuming your CSi/RTi combo is that much better.

I think buying a pair of bookshelves, or just the center, from Chane or similar would be the best way to discover if they would be "next level" for you.

No need to leap to PSA unless extreme fidelity at very high volumes is your goal IMHO.
I used to think so but I've been questioning a lot lately. I think changing to Anthem from Marantz has brought out the brighter side of the Polk - and maybe the additional power from the MRX1120 contributed. I am starting to think the center channel will make the biggest difference.

I don't use bookshelves in my current setup - towers up front and wall mounts everywhere else. The layout of the room makes speaker stands difficult. I should probably buy the Chane center based on the feedback. I guess I'm hoping someone will come out and definitely say the Chane is an overall better speaker (for my purposes) than the 12 year old Polk CSi5 I'm running now (and then I'll go buy it and report back when it comes in

post #30 of 36 Old 07-17-2019, 12:05 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8796 Post(s)
Liked: 5981
Quote:
I used to think so but I've been questioning a lot lately. I think changing to Anthem from Marantz has brought out the brighter side of the Polk - and maybe the additional power from the MRX1120 contributed. I am starting to think the center channel will make the biggest difference.

I don't use bookshelves in my current setup - towers up front and wall mounts everywhere else. The layout of the room makes speaker stands difficult. I should probably buy the Chane center based on the feedback. I guess I'm hoping someone will come out and definitely say the Chane is an overall better speaker (for my purposes) than the 12 year old Polk CSi5 I'm running now (and then I'll go buy it and report back when it comes in

Well I can say that this VERY inexpensive 3 way Polk center will be much better than what you have now.

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-LS...SR8KPSWC2WGZQG

As would its pricier big brother.

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-LS.../dp/B0067XUYC8

When they came out these bookshelves were $750 each.

https://www.adorama.com/pkalsm703mvc...urce=adl-gbase

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page