• 1 Post By RayGuy
  • 1 Post By rhelliott2

post #1 of 30 Old 07-16-2019, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 10
LR speakers with Chane A2.4

I have a Chane A2.4 as my center speaker with old Panasonic HTIB speakers as LR which I wanted to replace. Am on a budget so was considering pioneer SP-BP-SS or SONY SSCS as two options. Which one of these two (or any other speakers) will timbre match my center? I have SVS subwoofer. My preferences :

1. Dialogue clarity. Having trouble with muffled voices / dialogues
2. Ears hurting - my ears are hurting even at Lower volumes within 20-30 minutes of listening
3. Use the system mainly for watching movies.

Chane A1.4 are a bit on the higher side for me and I will need to mount the speakers on the wall (due to wife factor)

Also will it make any difference if I replace my LR with budget options that I have mentioned above? Or should I just stick with my current speakers for now?

Thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 07-16-2019, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7066 Post(s)
Liked: 5371
1. Dialogue is 95% from the center, so your choice of L/R speakers won't affect that. If you're having trouble with voice clarity on the A2.4 it's probably a receiver setting or speaker placement issue...this is one of the clearest-playing centers out there.

2. If you are unusually sensitive to high frequencies I'm guessing this due to the Panasonic HTIB speakers, as the Chane speakers are quite neutral. You may want to turn down the treble in your receiver to see if that helps.

3. The Pioneer BS22 would be a safe choice if you're trying to avoid sharp treble, by all accounts...I'd give these a try first.
BufordTJustice and Lp85253 like this.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #3 of 30 Old 07-16-2019, 10:25 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8794 Post(s)
Liked: 5972
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomangox View Post
I have a Chane A2.4 as my center speaker with old Panasonic HTIB speakers as LR which I wanted to replace. Am on a budget so was considering pioneer SP-BP-SS or SONY SSCS as two options. Which one of these two (or any other speakers) will timbre match my center? I have SVS subwoofer. My preferences :

1. Dialogue clarity. Having trouble with muffled voices / dialogues
2. Ears hurting - my ears are hurting even at Lower volumes within 20-30 minutes of listening
3. Use the system mainly for watching movies.

Chane A1.4 are a bit on the higher side for me and I will need to mount the speakers on the wall (due to wife factor)

Also will it make any difference if I replace my LR with budget options that I have mentioned above? Or should I just stick with my current speakers for now?

Thanks a lot!
$10/box returns within 60 days if not happy; wall mountable.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_107SIG...ck-Walnut.html
BufordTJustice likes this.

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 07-16-2019, 10:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 2720 Post(s)
Liked: 2495
The tweeter in the Chane will not timber match, except to another speaker with the same tweeter. That said, it's characteristics are closer to an AMT tweeter than any other type. Emotiva, Martin Logan, and Golden Ear are the primary players in this market,

Which is better? Don't know. Look at the ML 4i, GE Supersat3, Emotiva Airmotive B1/T1. Pick your poison.

If you really want to go on the cheap, look at the AMT offerings from Monoprice and Dayton Audio.

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.

Last edited by RayGuy; 07-16-2019 at 11:34 PM.
post #5 of 30 Old 07-17-2019, 05:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1905 Post(s)
Liked: 2035
1. Some movies are mixed with the voice low, so make sure you are not basing your conclusions off of a couple movies.
2. The Chane 2.4 speaker will be clear, detailed and is pretty sensitive, so if you are having dialogue clarity issues, that Chane ain't the culprit. How loud do you listen? if your are pushing your HTiB speakers too much, you might be getting distortion that is drowning out any good audio.
3. You might simply have an issue where you HTiB speakers have sensitivity of say 82db and the Chane around 90 and they just make a terrible match...but either way, replacing the L/R will cure the issue, I suspect. And the obvious answer is that the Chane 1.4s would be the best match for that center.

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
post #6 of 30 Old 07-17-2019, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 1351 Post(s)
Liked: 1537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
1. Some movies are mixed with the voice low, so make sure you are not basing your conclusions off of a couple movies.
2. The Chane 2.4 speaker will be clear, detailed and is pretty sensitive, so if you are having dialogue clarity issues, that Chane ain't the culprit. How loud do you listen? if your are pushing your HTiB speakers too much, you might be getting distortion that is drowning out any good audio.
3. You might simply have an issue where you HTiB speakers have sensitivity of say 82db and the Chane around 90 and they just make a terrible match...but either way, replacing the L/R will cure the issue, I suspect. And the obvious answer is that the Chane 1.4s would be the best match for that center.
+1

Set up #1 Speakers LR: Tekton Enzo XL ; Center: Tekton Pendragon Subs (2) 2019 JTR 118HTs
Set up #2 : QA3020i LR, Center: Emotiva C1 Subs (2) HSU VTF2 MK5,
post #7 of 30 Old 07-17-2019, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks,

I’ve had the chane for about a year plus and have watched several movies. The dialogues seem to be a bit muffled and I have tried different settings on my onkyo 818 receiver. The center speaker of my HTIB has better dialogue clarity but misses out a lot on the other frequencies. I am not an expert but the difference is as if someone is sitting in front of me vs a more restricted voice. My room acoustics are not too good and will try to improve that.

Thanks !
post #8 of 30 Old 07-17-2019, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the responses. I’ll try to pick a couple of speakers from the list ( I didn’t even know names of most of the ones proposed) and give them a try and report here as soon as I do that ...

Polk looks like a good option esp since it’s easy to mount - will research others - I’ll probably try out the pioneers and one more from the ones suggested here. Thanks again !
post #9 of 30 Old 07-17-2019, 03:57 PM

Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7066 Post(s)
Liked: 5371
Quote:
I’ve had the chane for about a year plus and have watched several movies. The dialogues seem to be a bit muffled and I have tried different settings on my onkyo 818 receiver. The center speaker of my HTIB has better dialogue clarity but misses out a lot on the other frequencies. I am not an expert but the difference is as if someone is sitting in front of me vs a more restricted voice. My room acoustics are not too good and will try to improve that.
If you're sure that your HTIB center has better dialogue clarity and it's in the exact same placement position/angle then I wonder if you might have gotten a defective unit (hey it happens to everyone at one time or another) or one that was damaged in shipping...because this seems extremely odd to me, totally unprecedented in fact.

I would reach out to Jon Lane about this, he's known to offer very good customer support.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #10 of 30 Old 07-18-2019, 05:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just a test last night, again making my point about movie mixing and dialogue...was watching Wind River last night, mostly as background while working. There are a couple scenes where dialogue is really hard to hear, I had to bump up the volume, well, then there are a couple scenes where you will regret bumping up the volume as the special effects are really loud. Thinking about this thread, I threw in the movie 2012 and the dialogue on my EMP center channel speaker was perfect.
Anyway, just make sure you listen to a couple movies before determining your center channel is or is not good enough...FYI.
BufordTJustice, doni01 and Lp85253 like this.

Set up #1: EMP e5Ti, e5Ci, and EMP e5Bi surrounds, Outlaw LFM1 Plus sub, SVS NSD SB12 sub, Marantz Slimeline 1504 AV receiver
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and EMPtek10i10i sub, Denon 1910 AV receiver
Set up #3: Philharmonics- BMR in a 2.0 system, music only, Yamaha RXV-363 AV receiver
post #11 of 30 Old 07-18-2019, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

No doubt about Jon’s customer service. Actually that’s the reason why I did not return the speaker ... well here’s my whole story - I obviously bought Chane after seeing its reviews and recommendations on this forum. After I bought it my immediate reaction was to return it. I contacted Jon and he was most helpful in facilitating that but what was most intriguing for me was that he was very interested in knowing why I didn’t like the speaker. And then I kept reading about speaker break in period and how you need to give some time etc etc. so, I gave time to speaker - enough time to come out of the return period. Then i started thinking that the problem was not with the speakers but with ME... I told myself that I’m an audio moron, an audio illiterate... and that I need to educate myself and change my tastes...I looked back and noticed that I have been listening to Panasonic systems for decades now (I’m 47) ... there’s something about their sound that draws me to them - I have bought 3 systems in my lifetime - all Panasonic. The difference is that I feel that the singer is right in front of me singing vs singing in a closed bathroom. I can hear the slight whistle of the singer when they say words with the letter ‘S’ like in no other system. So why do I want to change them? Cause my ears hurt 😞 ... it all adds up - I think the speakers have been high in treble, my ears are tuned to it and probably that’s the reason for my ears hurting as well. I probably have bigger problems with my hearing but need to get that checked... after 1 year I thought my ears would have now tuned to the chane and hooked back my old Panasonic center. To my surprise I still liked Panasonic but only a shade better ... pls note that overall the chane is definitely better, but I am specifically looking for clarity in vocals, dialogues etc .. and something that does not hurt my ears! So it a complex situation involving my age, my habits, my (highly) possible hearing loss, my brain and my speakers.
post #12 of 30 Old 07-18-2019, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Just a test last night, again making my point about movie mixing and dialogue...was watching Wind River last night, mostly as background while working. There are a couple scenes where dialogue is really hard to hear, I had to bump up the volume, well, then there are a couple scenes where you will regret bumping up the volume as the special effects are really loud. Thinking about this thread, I threw in the movie 2012 and the dialogue on my EMP center channel speaker was perfect.
Anyway, just make sure you listen to a couple movies before determining your center channel is or is not good enough...FYI.
Thanks !! I will do that and play a variety of songs / movies to test them .. I’ll probably buy the pioneers and test the whole thing again ..
post #13 of 30 Old 07-18-2019, 06:28 AM
Audio Engineer

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked: 1019
Quote:
No doubt about Jon’s customer service. Actually that’s the reason why I did not return the speaker ... well here’s my whole story - I obviously bought Chane after seeing its reviews and recommendations on this forum. After I bought it my immediate reaction was to return it. I contacted Jon and he was most helpful in facilitating that but what was most intriguing for me was that he was very interested in knowing why I didn’t like the speaker. And then I kept reading about speaker break in period and how you need to give some time etc etc. so, I gave time to speaker - enough time to come out of the return period. Then i started thinking that the problem was not with the speakers but with ME... I told myself that I’m an audio moron, an audio illiterate... and that I need to educate myself and change my tastes...I looked back and noticed that I have been listening to Panasonic systems for decades now (I’m 47) ... there’s something about their sound that draws me to them - I have bought 3 systems in my lifetime - all Panasonic. The difference is that I feel that the singer is right in front of me singing vs singing in a closed bathroom. I can hear the slight whistle of the singer when they say words with the letter ‘S’ like in no other system. So why do I want to change them? Cause my ears hurt 😞 ... it all adds up - I think the speakers have been high in treble, my ears are tuned to it and probably that’s the reason for my ears hurting as well. I probably have bigger problems with my hearing but need to get that checked... after 1 year I thought my ears would have now tuned to the chane and hooked back my old Panasonic center. To my surprise I still liked Panasonic but only a shade better ... pls note that overall the chane is definitely better, but I am specifically looking for clarity in vocals, dialogues etc .. and something that does not hurt my ears! So it a complex situation involving my age, my habits, my (highly) possible hearing loss, my brain and my speakers.

It's this simple: if you want or prefer a non neutral sound, then that's just what you want. No biggie and no problem.

I'm forced to get annual audiograms due to my work, but i do recommend getting your hearing checked if you haven't before. It may be just fine, but it's a good investment in your health just to know.

Maybe you could play some test tones from 800Hz to 3kHz in 200Hz intervals to get an idea of what the Panasonic is doing that the A2.4 is not.

Room measurement is preferred, but test tones can give you a really good idea and are free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Parasound HALO C2 pre/pro | modded Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Panny BDT-500 | Google Chromecast Audio/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD Transport | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | Darbee DVP-5000S | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | surround: custom finished Chane A5rx-c | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES (full member).
post #14 of 30 Old 07-18-2019, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The speaker break in is, well, not a myth but you are not really waiting for a speaker to break in. Speaker break-in happens pretty quick and you are likely past that point already. However, your ears/brain will adapt to the sound and you may find yourself liking it more with time...
As Buford suggest, you may just prefer a more forward/bright speaker, or whatever your HTiB sound profile has and maybe, you will want a upgrade that is not as neutral as the Chane speakers are. There is no "one sound fits all" formula!
BufordTJustice and Lp85253 like this.

post #15 of 30 Old 07-18-2019, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Just watched the same movie last night and you my friend are RIGHT ON!! Same exact experience that I had. Kept playing back and fourth with the remote to adjust the volume. So yes every movie is mixed different and sometimes the testing should be based on a variety of movies vs one. I would suggest to the OP to stick with the same brand especially when that brand is so popular in this forum. So I would either save and get two more A2.4's as left and right or two A1.4 that way they can timbre match.
post #16 of 30 Old 07-18-2019, 09:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1462
Can you show us a picture of your setup? Shouldn't be having this issue with that speaker.

Also: on-wall Chanes are coming (hopefully) soon, if that's a requirement.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
post #17 of 30 Old 07-20-2019, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! Will get an ear exam done plus hold on for a bit longer to invest in the right speakers (maybe chane wall mount speakers if they do come out)

My current set up is in the basement and far from acoustically asthetic - my receiver is on the floor with the center speaker on it - I’ve lifted the center speaker a bit with door stops to angle it to my seating position (which is also on the floor) - my LR are mounted on wall quite far from center ... about 12 feet from center. I might bring them closer if I get new speakers ...There is a subwoofer - SVS 1000 (ported) ... My receiver is ONKYO 818 and I have run the Audessey with this set up. Not many things around in the that absorb sound

I’ll try to load a picture as soon as I get home from my travel ..
post #18 of 30 Old 07-20-2019, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 3211 Post(s)
Liked: 2670
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the responses. I’ll try to pick a couple of speakers from the list ( I didn’t even know names of most of the ones proposed) and give them a try and report here as soon as I do that ...

Polk looks like a good option esp since it’s easy to mount - will research others - I’ll probably try out the pioneers and one more from the ones suggested here. Thanks again !
How is the center placed? In a cabinet cubby hole, pushed back against the wall, on the bottom shelf?
Could just be a placement issue.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 , Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #19 of 30 Old 07-20-2019, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

There is no cabinet - just receiver on the floor and center kept on top of it ... the speaker is about 8 inches from the wall and the port of the speaker is closed (with a foam plug that comes along with the speaker)
post #20 of 30 Old 07-20-2019, 04:09 PM
Audio Engineer

Quote:
There is no cabinet - just receiver on the floor and center kept on top of it ... the speaker is about 8 inches from the wall and the port of the speaker is closed (with a foam plug that comes along with the speaker)

You mean the center channel is directly resting on top of the AVR?

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said 'faster horses'." -H. Ford | Parasound HALO C2 pre/pro | modded Adcom MOSFET GFA-5500 | Acurus/Mondial A200x3 | Panny BDT-500 | Google Chromecast Audio/Apple TV 4K | Toshiba SD-9200 CD Transport | Vizio 55" LED/LCD | Darbee DVP-5000S | L+R: Chane MTM Prototype | Chane A2.4 center | surround: custom finished Chane A5rx-c | Member: NATIA, LEVA, & AES (full member).
post #21 of 30 Old 07-20-2019, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Yes it is ... is it a big No, no ? there are two door stops under the speaker that create some gap between the two plus tilt the speaker a bit up towards the seating area ..
post #22 of 30 Old 07-20-2019, 08:22 PM
Audio Engineer

Quote:
Yes it is ... is it a big No, no ? there are two door stops under the speaker that create some gap between the two plus tilt the speaker a bit up towards the seating area ..

It's definitely not ideal. From both a vibration isolation standpoint and a heat standpoint.

Transmaniacon and mpk1970 like this.

post #23 of 30 Old 07-30-2019, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Just thought I’d close out this thread with the update. Thanks for all the advice.

I just couldn’t pass on the $73 per pair deal on the Sony SSCS5 ... spent several hours auditioning them and comparing them to my old HTIB speakers and the Chane. I’m now realizing that the Chane indeed is great - it’s very pure across all frequencies and warmer, Fuller... the Sony’s have a lot more treble and lack the mid range and of course the low range as compared to the Chane, but their mid range is certainly much better than my HTIb front speakers. But They hurt my ears too, and I haven’t seen anyone complaining about ear fatigue with the sonys so An ear exam is next... I wish I could get all 3 chane A2.4 but I might keep the sscs5 and one day buy the chane 2.4 and move the Sony to the rear ...

I did play a lot with my receiver settings, ran audessey again and reduced the high frequencies through my receiver equalizer as suggested in this thread. Sound is better but overall it’s not too much of an upgrade from what it was earlier - I’ll have to improve my room acoustics for sure ... thanks again everyone
mpk1970 and BufordTJustice like this.
post #24 of 30 Old 07-31-2019, 05:16 PM
Audio Engineer

Quote:
Just thought I’d close out this thread with the update. Thanks for all the advice.

I just couldn’t pass on the $73 per pair deal on the Sony SSCS5 ... spent several hours auditioning them and comparing them to my old HTIB speakers and the Chane. I’m now realizing that the Chane indeed is great - it’s very pure across all frequencies and warmer, Fuller... the Sony’s have a lot more treble and lack the mid range and of course the low range as compared to the Chane, but their mid range is certainly much better than my HTIb front speakers. But They hurt my ears too, and I haven’t seen anyone complaining about ear fatigue with the sonys so An ear exam is next... I wish I could get all 3 chane A2.4 but I might keep the sscs5 and one day buy the chane 2.4 and move the Sony to the rear ...

I did play a lot with my receiver settings, ran audessey again and reduced the high frequencies through my receiver equalizer as suggested in this thread. Sound is better but overall it’s not too much of an upgrade from what it was earlier - I’ll have to improve my room acoustics for sure ... thanks again everyone

Check out @rhelliott2 's most recent post in the Chane owners' thread on some simple and cheap mods he made to improve his system.

post #25 of 30 Old 07-31-2019, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:

Wow sorry to hear about your issues.

I think one big problem you have is mixing your LCR. I noticed chanes are not that efficient and mixing with different speakers that have a different crossover, tweeter & efficiency is asking for problems. I can only imagine what audyssey is doing for correction.

Before my chanes I had some SVS Primes and those are BRIGHT. I did not like their metallic tweeter. Before my SVS Primes I had some Klipsch RP160M those are also on the bright side... My point is chanes are the most detailed, warm soft speakers I have ever heard of ( I've owned A Lot of speakers)

What is your audyssey settings? Can you attach your post-room correction results here?

I had an issue with my Chanes sounding hollow.

I used port plugs & bought some isolation pads ( parts express$16) toed in my L&R ran room correction again and problem is gone!

Here is my set up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by rhelliott2; 07-31-2019 at 07:38 PM.
post #26 of 30 Old 08-01-2019, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Well, you really don't need the Chane 2.4s across the front...just get yourself a pair of the new A1.5 and you will have a very nice front stage! Yes, when you get speakers for under 100/pair, they will almost always have compromises, but I am surprised to hear the Sony's aren't much of an upgrade from HtIB speakers!
mpk1970 and Lp85253 like this.

post #27 of 30 Old 08-04-2019, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ! That makes sense. Will buy the A1.5s one day and move the Sony to the rear
post #28 of 30 Old 08-04-2019, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

@rhelliott

Thanks. I have no idea on ‘What is your audyssey settings? Can you attach your post-room correction results here? not sure how to get that..will google it .here is how my speakers are placed - far from ideal... but i tried moving LR in a bit, but liked the sound better when they are farther apart as it seems to enhance the LR sound effects in movies. They are not equidistant from the center but I am guessing audessey makes that correction
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AD1989CB-98EB-48A1-9696-B614570DE45B_1564931517950.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	2598172  
post #29 of 30 Old 08-04-2019, 12:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 2720 Post(s)
Liked: 2495
Given that layout, you might have better results by mounting the center at the wall/ceiling intersection, aimed downwards towards your seated ears. I know your receiver would appreciate it (allowing it to breath again). Difficult to tell from the pic, but the L&R should also be angled downward, if they aren't already.

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.

Last edited by RayGuy; 08-04-2019 at 12:21 PM.
post #30 of 30 Old 08-04-2019, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
@rhelliott

Thanks. I have no idea on ‘What is your audyssey settings? Can you attach your post-room correction results here? not sure how to get that..will google it .here is how my speakers are placed - far from ideal... but i tried moving LR in a bit, but liked the sound better when they are farther apart as it seems to enhance the LR sound effects in movies. They are not equidistant from the center but I am guessing audessey makes that correction
You can download the audyssey app for the apple app store or the Google play app store, it's $20 and it's very helpful, unless you plan on learning REW don't buy the app then, you won't need it for REW.

You definitely need to move your AVR, you are gonna shorten the life, or you can buy a Aircom T10 and place it between your center & AVR. I would definitely get some isolation wegde and Angle your center up towards your face/ears.

As for the rest of your speakers this guide from Dolby is very helpful.

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/su...5-1-setup.html

Did you ever get your hearing test done?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page