Ceiling Speaker Recommendations - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-17-2019, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Ceiling Speaker Recommendations

Hey Everyone! I'm new here. Just moved into a new home with an established home theater/bar. Looking to add 4 in ceiling speakers to run a 5.1.4 with Atmos. Length of room is 21' and width is 24'. first row of seats are 13' from screen and second row is 18' and on an elevated platform. Running an overhead Epson projector with screen.

AVR is Yamaha 3080
5 existing speakers are TruAudio don't know the actual speaker models as they are in wall
Sub is 12" down firing Boston Acoustics

Trying to decide on which in ceilings to go with. How much of an improvement is the Martin Logan IC-8, Electromotion IC or Deftech DI-8R vs the Polk RC80i?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-17-2019, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2702 Post(s)
Liked: 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric Hersh View Post
Hey Everyone! I'm new here. Just moved into a new home with an established home theater/bar. Looking to add 4 in ceiling speakers to run a 5.1.4 with Atmos. Length of room is 21' and width is 24'. first row of seats are 13' from screen and second row is 18' and on an elevated platform. Running an overhead Epson projector with screen.

AVR is Yamaha 3080
5 existing speakers are TruAudio don't know the actual speaker models as they are in wall
Sub is 12" down firing Boston Acoustics

Trying to decide on which in ceilings to go with. How much of an improvement is the Martin Logan IC-8, Electromotion IC or Deftech DI-8R vs the Polk RC80i?
Quite a few forum members are using these with great results- https://rslspeakers.com/c34e-ceiling-speaker/

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Onkyo RZ820
Roku Ultra, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Quattron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page