What to pair with Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2's? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By RayGuy
  • 1 Post By RayGuy

post #1 of 11 Old 07-18-2019, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What to pair with Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2's?

Setup is:

Yamaha R-N303

Speakers A Set: Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 (pair)

What do I pair on the B set? I was thinking some small satellites or do I bridge a center channel speaker?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-18-2019, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 350
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Just adding some speakers to the Speaker B connectors on back of the N303? Why not more Elacs? If looking for cheaper look at Boston Acoustic A25's - 2 for 150.00

https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...ck-each/1.html
post #3 of 11 Old 07-18-2019, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

I’d like to find something to help more with mid to high end frequencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 07-18-2019, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2034 Post(s)
Liked: 1698
Quote:
Originally Posted by activestatic View Post

take a look at the nht superone's and c1's...

YAMAHA TSR 5790.. front l/r emotiva b1's and /or kef q100's ..BIC v1220.....Emotiva basx10.... ascend cbm 170 center.. polk t15 rears..samsung 55" j620d
bedroom .. YAMAHA r-xv 383... front l/r.. wharfedale 10.1s... ascend cbm 170 center ... Emotiva basx8... samsung ku6300 50 in
post #5 of 11 Old 07-19-2019, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1478
Quote:
I think what he's asking is, what is the setup? Stereo? Surround?

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
post #6 of 11 Old 07-19-2019, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry, I’m running a stereo setup. 99% music listening.

post #7 of 11 Old 07-19-2019, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
I rarely post here, but this thread made me curious. The B6.2s are very well balanced, so I'm curious what you mean by "help more with mid to high end frequencies." I doubt that adding a second pair of (most likely) inferior speakers to play along with the Debuts could ever improve them. Also, is that the setup in your avatar? Do you listen with them sitting directly next to each other? The Debut 2s can create an excellent soundstage for such inexpensive speakers, but you need to separate them and put them on stands.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-19-2019, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 2729 Post(s)
Liked: 2498
If nothing else, you could increase the treble in the receiver. For stereo music listening, stick to two speakers, place them well, and tune them to your satisfaction. Extra speakers will just make things worse.
Lp85253 likes this.

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
post #9 of 11 Old 07-19-2019, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

I currently have them sitting about 6 feet apart. I only took the pic to show some friends and family what it looked like right after I slapped everything together.

I only have bass and treble adjustments on my stereo. Maybe I should just fiddle with that some more? I’m sure listening from an original source like CD or vinyl would sound better than what I’m streaming from my music library. I’ve worked in radio over 20 years and I have music that was sent as an mp3 when people were scared to send files above 128kbps because it would be too large to send via email. Rare recordings of artists that stopped by our studios with acoustic performances. I guess these speakers are revealing the truth about how crappy the fidelity of the recordings are as opposed to ripping audio as a wav direct from a cd.

I’m only trying to learn.

post #10 of 11 Old 07-19-2019, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
I guess these speakers are revealing the truth about how crappy the fidelity of the recordings are as opposed to ripping audio as a wav direct from a cd.
That's exactly what happens with better speakers. They sound less like "what they sound like" and sound more like what you feed them. Low bitrate mp3s have to sacrifice the higher frequencies, because that's what takes up the most data space. Some surround receivers have processing intended to improve low bitrate files, but I can't attest to how good a job they do. Usually you just replace one problem with a different one.
post #11 of 11 Old 07-19-2019, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 2729 Post(s)
Liked: 2498
Quote:
I currently have them sitting about 6 feet apart. I only took the pic to show some friends and family what it looked like right after I slapped everything together.

I only have bass and treble adjustments on my stereo. Maybe I should just fiddle with that some more? I’m sure listening from an original source like CD or vinyl would sound better than what I’m streaming from my music library. I’ve worked in radio over 20 years and I have music that was sent as an mp3 when people were scared to send files above 128kbps because it would be too large to send via email. Rare recordings of artists that stopped by our studios with acoustic performances. I guess these speakers are revealing the truth about how crappy the fidelity of the recordings are as opposed to ripping audio as a wav direct from a cd.

I’m only trying to learn.

Astute observation, and probably right on the mark. Play some music from other sources to see if you are getting consistently bad treble, to confirm.

Shame about those recordings. Probably irreplaceable. If they are an important part of your listening habits, you might consider trying the Q Acoustics 3020i, which is said to be a bit more forgiving of poorly-recorded material. May or may not help, GIGO typically applies!

Revealing speakers are all the fashion, but not always the best tool for the job.
activestatic likes this.

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.

Last edited by RayGuy; 07-19-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page