Originally Posted by mariogonzalezzz
the difference between a $300 pair of speakers vs 2k pair of speakers is very subtle, except bass.
i have jbl 530s and 520c now.
i wont be upgrading again.
this is just a hobby, something to keep you occupied.
just have fun with it
I absolutely disagree.
I went from this:
* 1 Harman Kardon 3490 Receiver
* 2 Polk Monitor 70 speakers
* 1 BIC Formula F-12 12" Subwoofer
* 1 LG Electronics 47LN5700 47-Inch 1080p Smart TV
* 2 Klipsch Cornwall III speakers (to use as left and right channels)
* 1 Klipsch Heresy III speaker (to use as a center channel)
* 1 Paradigm Defiance X15 subwoofer
* 1 Anthem AVM 60 Preamplifier/Processor
* 1 Monoprice Monolith 5 (200 watts RMS x 5) - Made by ATI
* 1 LG C8 65" OLED 4K HDR Dolby Atmos Smart TV
The difference is ENORMOUS!! VASTLY VASTLY VASTLY superior sound in my new set-up!! Of course my new set-up is approximately $6900 in speakers (retail price), but if you turn off the center channel (the Heresy III) for music, it's $5900 in speakers (retail price). However, my older set-up was technically $780 in speakers (retail price) by today's standards.