KLH 7.2.4 Speaker System Review: Full Immersion - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #31 of 32 Old 12-07-2019, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 239 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9557 Post(s)
Liked: 6606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin GS View Post
To be honest, this sounds like a typical BS response from a vendor who does not perform anechoic tests. If I were to hazard a guess, they are not posting the expected in room high frequency response; otherwise, that 23 Khz (-3db?) in room response would indicate that these speakers are incredibly bright (i.e. huge spike in the high frequencies, since high frequencies are generally muted in NA style [i.e. furniture, sofas, and rugs/carpets] rooms).
Well when I tested the Albanys here at home they were, in my opinion only, dull and lacking detail.

I returned them for that reason and got the much better sounding LX16s, (to my ears and to my friend's ears who was in the market).

Geoff A. J., California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 12-07-2019, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajCA View Post
Well when I tested the Albanys here at home they were, in my opinion only, dull and lacking detail.

I returned them for that reason and got the much better sounding LX16s, (to my ears and to my friend's ears who was in the market).
If that is generally the case, then it is possible they posting expected in room response for the low frequency but not the high frequency. A common practice be manufacturers who do no post anechoic response for speakers, but disingenuous since it is posting two different types of responses for the same speaker under different circumstances. i.e. expected in-room response for lower frequencies, but expected anechoic response for higher frequencies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
klh , klh kendall

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page