• 1 Post By NewbeeBekind
  • 1 Post By Zorba922

post #1 of 20 Old 08-16-2019, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
New SVS Ultra Speakers

I have been researching a number of speaker brands and am down to Klipsch RF and SVS Ultra line. I am leaning toward the SVS Ultras but am concerned that they will becoming out with an updated Ultra line as the last versions came out in 2013.

Does anyone have any insights on when their next line may come out?

Any other brands I should look at before I fully commit?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 08-16-2019, 10:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1968 Post(s)
Liked: 1836
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbeeBekind View Post
I have been researching a number of speaker brands and am down to Klipsch RF and SVS Ultra line. I am leaning toward the SVS Ultras but am concerned that they will becoming out with an updated Ultra line as the last versions came out in 2013.

Thanks.
IMO the Klipsch RF are not in the same league as the SVS Ultra. Klipsch Reference Premiere (RP) would be more comparable.

Let us know more about your needs/wants, budget, use type, environment, other equipment etc. AVS'rs love chiming in with speaker recommendations.
post #3 of 20 Old 08-16-2019, 10:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1558
If you have money for the SVS Ultras, buy the RP-600 or RP-6000F and call it a day.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 08-16-2019, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Quote:

Thanks.
IMO the Klipsch RF are not in the same league as the SVS Ultra. Klipsch Reference Premiere (RP) would be more comparable.

Let us know more about your needs/wants, budget, use type, environment, other equipment etc. AVS'rs love chiming in with speaker recommendations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
If you have money for the SVS Ultras, buy the RP-600 or RP-6000F and call it a day.
Sorry guys. My bad. I meant the Klipsch RP line. My budget for LCR and two surrounds would be $3k to $4k, obviously wanting to spend less if I can. So I believe both are in that range.

Any advice is appreciated. Big investment.
post #5 of 20 Old 08-17-2019, 12:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry guys. My bad. I meant the Klipsch RP line. My budget for LCR and two surrounds would be $3k to $4k, obviously wanting to spend less if I can. So I believe both are in that range.

You should be able to get top of the line Klipsch RPs well under your budget. SVS are good speakers but there is better bang for your buck on the market. If you want to save some money, look for the closeout RPs (RP 280F towers)
Adamg (Ret-Navy) and drh3b like this.
post #6 of 20 Old 08-17-2019, 12:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 3289 Post(s)
Liked: 2735
Quote:

My suggestion is to pick up a pair of Klipsch RP bookshelf speakers from BB since they have an excellent return policy. SVS offers a 45 day in home trial with free shipping both ways. Listen to both side by side and return the loser. You can then order the rest of the setup.
pappaduke, gajCA and PlanetAVS like this.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 , Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #7 of 20 Old 08-17-2019, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Great input.

Now for the first part of my question. Any one know when a new Ultra line may be released? Seems like six years is a long time. Isn't it due?
post #8 of 20 Old 08-17-2019, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:

You should be able to get top of the line Klipsch RPs well under your budget. SVS are good speakers but there is better bang for your buck on the market. If you want to save some money, look for the closeout RPs (RP 280F towers)
Thank you. At the SVS price range for towers (Pinnacle Prime are $800ea), which brands would give a better "bang for you buck." Pinnacle Prime was ranked very highly in sound and vision, audioholics and avforums.
Adamg (Ret-Navy) likes this.
post #9 of 20 Old 08-17-2019, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7089 Post(s)
Liked: 5395
Quote:
If your usage is mainly HT/TV and you already have some good sub(s), then I'd stick with the Klipsch RP or even less expensive brands.
audiofreak38 likes this.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #10 of 20 Old 08-17-2019, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8958 Post(s)
Liked: 6125
Quote:
Thank you. At the SVS price range for towers (Pinnacle Prime are $800ea), which brands would give a better "bang for you buck." Pinnacle Prime was ranked very highly in sound and vision, audioholics and avforums.
RP6000F are currently $800/pair.

Geoff A. J., California
post #11 of 20 Old 08-17-2019, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pase22 View Post
My suggestion is to pick up a pair of Klipsch RP bookshelf speakers from BB since they have an excellent return policy. SVS offers a 45 day in home trial with free shipping both ways. Listen to both side by side and return the loser. You can then order the rest of the setup.
Great idea, with the caveat that SVS doesn't ship to Canada.

Another option is to go to a Best Buy Magnolia to listen, they carry both Klipsch and SVS although the models in stock could vary of course.
post #12 of 20 Old 08-17-2019, 10:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
SVS recently launched their new Pinnacle series which sits in between the Prime and Ultra series. They may be worth an audition.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: JBL Loft 50 , Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #13 of 20 Old 08-17-2019, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Great idea, with the caveat that SVS doesn't ship to Canada.

Another option is to go to a Best Buy Magnolia to listen, they carry both Klipsch and SVS although the models in stock could vary of course.
They do have distributers here such as Sonicboomaudio and Summit HIFI. He can also get them through Electronicsforless.
https://www.sonicboomaudio.com/speak...16vqvl9jbbg7e3
https://www.summithifi.com/collections/svs
https://www.electronicsforless.ca/se...d2&keyword=svs

post #14 of 20 Old 08-17-2019, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
They do have distributers here such as Sonicboomaudio and Summit HIFI. He can also get them through Electronicsforless.
https://www.sonicboomaudio.com/speak...16vqvl9jbbg7e3
https://www.summithifi.com/collections/svs
https://www.electronicsforless.ca/se...d2&keyword=svs
Understood, just pointing out that the free two way shipping doesn't apply to Canada. I tried to place an order earlier this week for some accessories (to ship to Canada) and discovered this.
post #15 of 20 Old 08-17-2019, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
SVS recently launched their new Pinnacle series which sits in between the Prime and Ultra series. They may be worth an audition.
That's what I am thinking. Any others?
post #16 of 20 Old 08-17-2019, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1558

Do take the time to listen to their comments about the other speakers, as well.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
post #17 of 20 Old 08-17-2019, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Whoa. That was seriously in depth but informative. Thanks. Still leaning SVS.
post #18 of 20 Old 08-18-2019, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7089 Post(s)
Liked: 5395
Quote:
That's what I am thinking. Any others?
In Canada, your best bang for the buck by far will be the NHT speakers sold through Amazon.ca at or sometimes even below, US prices. And I imagine Amazon.ca will have liberal return policies similar to US Amazon.

If your usage is mainly HT, I'd just do NHT SuperOnes all around and put the savings into 1-2 SVS PB1000 subs.

In a side by side comparison with the SVS Ultras, assuming you have a sub in play, I'd expect the SuperOnes to deliver 90% of the same performance in music, and be dead even in HT.

~ Are you a "geek hobbyist" obsessed with squeezing out that last 5-10% improvement? The economy will thank you...especially the Chinese one. Or are you more of a get-set-and-forget "casual user" who simply wants to increase your enjoyment of movies, TV and gaming? Relax, HT isn't rocket science, nor does it have to cost an arm and a leg---especially if you ignore the aforementioned vocal minority. And remember to smile...it's just a silly hobby, after all. :)
post #19 of 20 Old 08-18-2019, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Paradigm Premier or prestige if you go with bookshelf speakers.
PSB Imagine
Kef Q series or previous generation R series.
Klipsch RP

All of which are available at 2001 audio if you have one in your area.

post #20 of 20 Old 08-18-2019, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I have the svs ultra bookshelves in white with a svs pb 1000 for a small 2nd system in my living room. I also have the rp 500m that I use as rears in my theater room, so I compared the two together in my living room system and to my ears no comparison the ultra sounded better. Like everyone says you have to hear them for yourself.
Allen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page