Buying Klipsch Premier, need help with 7.2.4 setup - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-18-2019, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Buying Klipsch Premier, need help with 7.2.4 setup

Hey there,

Been doing some research to put together build by HT in the basement and I needed some advice.

I'm working with a budget that fits a mid-range level sound system (speakers and AV) so I've honed in on getting Klipsch Premiere series speakers. I also considered Airmotiv since they are on cleareance but it seems like the C2 center channels are sold out or that would have also been a good consideration.

My top down floor plan is attached and my question is which speaker from Klipsch do I use for side surround and rear surround? I was thinking bookshelf RP-600M but they also have RP-502S for surround.

Also any recommendations on a subwoofer? I plan to get the speakers listed below so far.

Front Right Tower Speaker Klipsch RP-8000F
Center Speaker Klipsch RP-504C
Cieling Speakers Klipsch CDT-5800-C II
Boohshelf Speakers Klipsch RP-600M
Subwoofer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HT Room v3.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	2604308  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-18-2019, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1700 Post(s)
Liked: 1287
I think this is a good layout, though make sure you find a dealer that’ll discount this for you. Never pay full price for retail speakers.

As for subs. The latest SPL line or older Reference Premier line subs from Klipsch will work for you, to match the Klipsch look (I love matching brands personally) especially if you are getting a discount.

Other non matching ID options include Rythmik, HSU, Monolith. These brands range from 10” subs to 18” subs and prices from $500-$2500.

Leave it at 8 ohms and call it a day :)
post #3 of 6 Old 08-18-2019, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks @russ

Any advice on getting bookshelf RP-600M monopole vs. RP-502S for surround?

There is a very long and contentious thread discussing monopole vs. bipole vs. dipole. I read the spec. of RP-5025 and its not clear if they are bipoles or dipoles and it seems Gene from Audioholics prefers bi-poles which sync. audio between the 2 speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 08-18-2019, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1700 Post(s)
Liked: 1287
It appears since you only have a single row of seats that Monopoles will work the best.

RP600M’s for you!

Object based formats like Atmos perform ideally when using monopoles, of course when you have multiple rows then it gets tricky

Leave it at 8 ohms and call it a day :)
post #5 of 6 Old 08-18-2019, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 224 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8964 Post(s)
Liked: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid Sohail View Post
Hey there,

Been doing some research to put together build by HT in the basement and I needed some advice.

I'm working with a budget that fits a mid-range level sound system (speakers and AV) so I've honed in on getting Klipsch Premiere series speakers. I also considered Airmotiv since they are on cleareance but it seems like the C2 center channels are sold out or that would have also been a good consideration.

My top down floor plan is attached and my question is which speaker from Klipsch do I use for side surround and rear surround? I was thinking bookshelf RP-600M but they also have RP-502S for surround.

Also any recommendations on a subwoofer? I plan to get the speakers listed below so far.

Front Right Tower Speaker Klipsch RP-8000F
Center Speaker Klipsch RP-504C
Cieling Speakers Klipsch CDT-5800-C II
Boohshelf Speakers Klipsch RP-600M
Subwoofer
For that size room I would think the RP6000 and RP500s would be more than enough.

The difference between a 5.2.4 and 7.2.4 receiver can be as much as $1000 and I'm not sure the extra 2 channels deliver $1000 worth of value in a relatively small space.

Geoff A. J., California
post #6 of 6 Old 08-18-2019, 05:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 1561
I don't think surrounds should be forward of the seating position. They should be at 90-120 degrees.

HT: Samsung PN64H5000 (recommended settings) | NAD T758 V3 | Buchardt S400 (2) | Emotiva E2 (2) | Rythmik Audio F12 (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page