Hello, I'm currently looking at a pair of AudioEngine A5+ wireless as I've had the AudioEngine A5's for a few years now with my MacBook Pro, however I'm wondering what the next step would be here or if these are truly something worth keeping at. I am interested in seeing how the market has changed and what passive bookshelf speakers are looking like now that I can sit on my desk (I will hook up and look into some type of amp with this as well) since I've last looked, as it's been a while
1) Budget - 500-750
2) Listening - 90% music (EDM i.e. dubstep/melodical/future/trap/house/techno/etc, think Soundcloud), 10% gaming
3) Existing audio - Like I mentioned I had a pair of AudioEngine A5+'s and these have served my purpose well in my taste but I feel like I may be isolating myself possibly now to other offerings.
4) Size of my room - 13 x 11 x 7.5 ft currently (Here is the layout attachment from my previous thread for the subwoofer https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attac...8&d=1566058784
5) Placement - Mainly on my desk (63", on the outer sides of my monitor on the left and laptop on the right)
6) I do enjoy the 5" cones that the A5+'s offer as they give great mid ranges in my experience
7) Rythmik f12 for the subwoofer (thread for this here https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-s...questions.html
), integration would be nice here
8) Definitely more of a bass head but I'm going to let the subwoofer take care of these
I do have a thread about this previously although for HT purposes which is no longer the case over here https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...mall-room.html
and would like to get a feel of what brands I should look at and those I can be wary of.
I've followed Elac's for a while now although not the subwoofers now, as well as the design of KEF however I'm not entirely sure of the quality which would take a priority here, as well as some others.