Multi-room in-ceiling positioning - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-25-2019, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Multi-room in-ceiling positioning

Hello everyone,

I'm planning a multi-room system for a new conto apartment (Euro size apartment), ceiling height is 9,2 ft. As you can see in the picture attached I have:
- n. 1 studio (130 sq. ft.)
- n. 2 bathrooms (75 to 80 sq. ft.)
- n. 2 bedrooms (135 to 160 sq. ft.)

Main listening will be background basically in every room, maybe with the exception of the studio, where a more "serious" listening would be nice to achieve (not mandatory though). Please note that I have a large living room where I have the best critical and serious listening experience with floor-stand speakers. I've planned to use a stereo speaker for each bathroom, while in the other rooms a couple of speakers. Sources will be mainly music streaming services (e.g. Spotify and radio).

Q1. Do you see any major issue to where I position those speakers? Basically I position them at the center of each room, with the goal to have the whole room covered.
I've read different in-ceiling speaker manuals (e.g. B&W, Russound, NuVo, Kef, etc) and they seems to have different point of views on where to put in-ceiling speakers, that's why I would like to have your opinion on this topic.

Q2. For the studio, do you think tilt-able/pivotable tweeter might help to achieve a more "serious" listening and enhance imaging and staging?

Q3. Do you think 6,5 inch speakers might be enough for a background volume level listening or I might have way better results with 8 inch speakers? Of course I will have more bass, but I would rather spend more on better 6,5 inch speakers that go down a little more.

Any help is very appreciated. Thank you so much.
Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 14.57.36.png
Views:	8
Size:	507.1 KB
ID:	2606910  

Last edited by sundonak; 08-26-2019 at 06:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
ceiling , multi-room , placement , positioning , speaker

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page