• 1 Post By pase22

post #1 of 4 Old 09-14-2019, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Speakers for atmos

Hi

I'm very happy with my current HT, but i purchase a new Samsung 65NU8000 TV and now i watch all my content via TV smart function, but the TV and receiver can communicate in 5.1, so, is time to upgrade the receiver that have work really good for 7 years.

I'm thinking on getting a Pioneer VSX-LX303, that have a lot more features than what I need, and given that it's atmos enable I'm planning on setting a 5.1.4 system.

My current speaker are Pioneer Andrew Jones for right, left and center, and Dayton Audio SAT-BK 3-3/4" for rear.

I can't install ceiling speakers because i have concrete ceilings, and don't want to use up-firing speakers.

So, my question are:

1. Can I use 4 Dayton Audio SAT-BK 3-3/4" mount as high as i can and point then to the seating position?
2. Should i upgrade rear speaker and get 2 more Dayton for atmos?
3. Should i use some kind of special speaker for this application?

I'm can't spend thousands of dollars on this, I just want a system that sounds nice and i can enjoy with family and friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-14-2019, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2201 Post(s)
Liked: 1458
Why not get 2 pair of these? they're in same price range and are better speakers

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...eeter--300-451

Afro GT
post #3 of 4 Old 09-14-2019, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 3409 Post(s)
Liked: 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by symon_say View Post
Hi

I'm very happy with my current HT, but i purchase a new Samsung 65NU8000 TV and now i watch all my content via TV smart function, but the TV and receiver can communicate in 5.1, so, is time to upgrade the receiver that have work really good for 7 years.

I'm thinking on getting a Pioneer VSX-LX303, that have a lot more features than what I need, and given that it's atmos enable I'm planning on setting a 5.1.4 system.

My current speaker are Pioneer Andrew Jones for right, left and center, and Dayton Audio SAT-BK 3-3/4" for rear.

I can't install ceiling speakers because i have concrete ceilings, and don't want to use up-firing speakers.

So, my question are:

1. Can I use 4 Dayton Audio SAT-BK 3-3/4" mount as high as i can and point then to the seating position?
2. Should i upgrade rear speaker and get 2 more Dayton for atmos?
3. Should i use some kind of special speaker for this application?

I'm can't spend thousands of dollars on this, I just want a system that sounds nice and i can enjoy with family and friends.
Mounting the speakers up high aimed at the MLP is the way to go. Larger drivers like Dayton Audio B652 would provide much better effects and aren't really more expensive.
Ryan Statz likes this.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: Kef Q100 ,JBL Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-14-2019, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks.

I'll check those speakers to.

What about Polk Audio OWM3??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement