Would like some opinions on my first HT Setup - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-16-2019, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Would like some opinions on my first HT Setup

For my first HT setup I went with a 5.1 setup that consists of 4 Klipsch R-14M Surrounds front L&R and Rear L&R, Klipsch R-52C Center Channel, 1 Dayton Sub-1200 Subwoofer, and a Sony STR-DN1080 Receiver. I know the receiver might be a little weak for this setup but for now until I get more money to upgrade it will have to do. Any opinions are appreciated I am still learning and appreciate any feedback I can get. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-16-2019, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComcastTech View Post
For my first HT setup I went with a 5.1 setup that consists of 4 Klipsch R-14M Surrounds front L&R and Rear L&R, Klipsch R-52C Center Channel, 1 Dayton Sub-1200 Subwoofer, and a Sony STR-DN1080 Receiver. I know the receiver might be a little weak for this setup but for now until I get more money to upgrade it will have to do. Any opinions are appreciated I am still learning and appreciate any feedback I can get. Thanks!
Klipsch speakers are notoriously easy to drive, so the Sony AVR shouldn't really have any issues. All of that really only comes into play if you decide you want to listen to things at ear-splitting/bleeding volume levels.

Home Theatre: Onkyo TX-NR747 | Polk Audio RTi A3 Front L/R | Polk Audio CSi A6 Centre | Polk Audio RTi A1 Surround L/R | HSU ULS-15 MK2 Subwoofer | Sony XBR55X900E | PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One S

Music: Cambridge Audio AXR100 | Stanton T.62 | Cambridge Audio AXC35 | KEF Q150 L/R | Elac S10EQ Subwoofer
post #3 of 5 Old 09-16-2019, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Thanks Ryan! Also should I just feed all hdmi cables from my media devices to my TV then optical out from TV to Receiver? Does it matter if I go this route vs feeding all hdmi's to the receiver?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-16-2019, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 306
I would connect your devices to the AVR and and run an HDMI from the AVR to the TV. If you go from devices to-to TV-to AVr I would still use an HDMI cable if eARC is in play.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-16-2019, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComcastTech View Post
Feed devices to AVR and run 1 HDMI to TV. Although some TV's offer lower latency on certain HDMI ports for gaming so if you game and your TV does that you may want to run Your gaming rig HDMI to the TV on it's own.

The RM-14 are rated at 90db sensitivity so they are easy to drive but on the lower end for Klipsch in general. They are rated at 50 watts so I think your AVR will be plenty powerful enough for them. Your center channel is rated at double the power (100 watts) but also much more sensitive at 95db so You should have no problem getting great clear dialogue from it.

Now sit back and enjoy until the upgrade bug bites you! lol

Projector:Epson 6050ub Screen:Elite screens manual SRM Pro series 120" TV: Vizio P75f Pre/Pro:Marantz AV7705 Amplifier:Monolith 7x and Emotiva A-700 for ATMOSSpeakers:Klipsch THX8000-L (LCR) R5800 side surrounds, 5650-S rear surrounds Klipsch 5800-C for ATMOSSubwoofers:PSA v1811x2 Bluray Player:Panasonic ub820 Media Streamer:Fire TV cube

Last edited by Liquid$team; 09-16-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page