Thank you for all the replies. After a few hours of research and looking into what other people have attempted I've come to realize there is no pretty solution.
The only more approachable choice is the A2+ in front of the computer screens but even there they will be cluttering in probably to close to my face.
I wanted to maintain as much as possible the surround sound I currently get with the crappy Logitech X-530, which is not even really surround as I have the BL, FL, Center and FR speakers all in front of me, the BL and Center at desk level, the FL and FR mounted on the wall, and the BR is actually on the wall to my right about 40 cm away. I use my soundcard's 7.1 virtual shifter to adjust volume distribution so I get a more "central feel". I like to feel "immersed" in the sound of whatever I am listening to rather than "facing" it. So my setup is in a corner and here's all I've found (for future people that may wonder into this thread):
Here are all the "meh" options:
1. Floor Stands - PROs: no desk clutter, no wall holes, easy to position. CONs: with a tripple monitor setup the angle becomes to wide; requires space on both sides of the desk.
2. Wall Mounts - PROs: no desk clutter. CONs: with an adjustable standing desk you stop gettting good sound when you change the desk height.
3. Speakers Behind the screens - CONs. Really. Just CONs.
4. Small seakers beneath or in front of the screens - PROs: closest to the recommended triangle. CONs: desk clutter, too close to face, probably not enough soundstage
5. Drop to 2 screens - PROs: that would do it. CONs: can't. I use three screens for work.
6. Soundbar + Sub - PROs: at this point I don't seem to have much choice. CONs: you tell me.
Or... horizontal speakers? Could that be done? I saw a Youtuber with this and I'm thinking... does that work? I thought standing speakers were designed to be... standing.
So I'm getting to the conclusion that for my requirements any stereo setup is going to suffer too much in terms of position. When I said 25 cm I think I was being optimistic... it's more like 20cm and maybe still stretching.
So having that said... any thoughts on surround soundbars for PC as well as room acoustics?
Let me know what you think, and again I really appreciate all the feedback and suggestions
it has helped me and hopefully will help others.