Paradigm Persona Home Theater Setup - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 09-20-2019, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Paradigm Persona Home Theater Setup

Seriously looking at buying an entire setup of Paradigm Persona’s for a home theater/new house build. I’ve heard great things and had a chance to demo a pair of 9H’s a few months ago that blew me away.

I want to run an atoms setup but not sure what to run for overhead speakers as they currently do not offer anything in the Persona line for this??

Any ideas?

Also,

Is there another brand I should consider comparing against or at least check out before pulling trigger?

Any help or insight is appreciated!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-20-2019, 09:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Couldn't be making a better choice. If you're looking for home theater only, I wouldn't even bother going 9H. I'd get the 7F or 5F.

FS: Piano Black Martin Logan Motion 35XT, 50XT, 60XT, and Motion 4i
post #3 of 9 Old 09-20-2019, 09:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyz View Post
Seriously looking at buying an entire setup of Paradigm Persona’s for a home theater/new house build. I’ve heard great things and had a chance to demo a pair of 9H’s a few months ago that blew me away.

I want to run an atoms setup but not sure what to run for overhead speakers as they currently do not offer anything in the Persona line for this??

Any ideas?

Also,

Is there another brand I should consider comparing against or at least check out before pulling trigger?

Where are you located?

tony4k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-20-2019, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbase1 View Post
Quote:
Seriously looking at buying an entire setup of Paradigm Persona’️s for a home theater/new house build. I’️ve heard great things and had a chance to demo a pair of 9H’️s a few months ago that blew me away.

Any ideas?

Also,

Where are you located?
Alberta, Canada
post #5 of 9 Old 09-20-2019, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contuzzi View Post
Couldn't be making a better choice. If you're looking for home theater only, I wouldn't even bother going 9H. I'd get the 7F or 5F.
Why do you say that?
post #6 of 9 Old 09-20-2019, 09:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked: 249
With the clarity of their Beryllium tweeters and mid range drivers, the Persona are a serious contender for a high end HT setup. I just heard the F7 in a two channel demo at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, and the clarity and imaging are just fantastic. This setup also used two Paradigm subs, and the integration of the subs was also great.

DSC_0087 by MDTshots, on Flickr

I would say to also check out the Revel Performa Be range, which will be less costly, but still very, very good. They also had a demo at RMAF. Revel has also just released the F328Be floorstander, as well as a matching center channel speaker. Pictured are the F226BE, the smallest floor stander in the range.

DSC_0062 by MDTshots, on Flickr

FAMILY ROOM--Legacy Signature II tower speakers(Front L/R), PSB Image 5T tower speakers(Surrounds), Denon AVR-X5200W, Krell FPB 400cx, AR ES-1 turntable w/ Audioquest 404-B cartridge, Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player, RCA HD-DVD player, Samsung HL67A 750A TV
MASTER BEDROOM--Dynaudio Audience 82 tower speakers, Outlaw LFM-1 sub, Yamaha RX-V1800 receiver, Sherbourn 5/1500A 5-channel amp, Oppo BDP-83 Universal Disc Player, Panasonic 60-ST60 plasma TV.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-20-2019, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for that, I’ll check out the Revels as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post
With the clarity of their Beryllium tweeters and mid range drivers, the Persona are a serious contender for a high end HT setup. I just heard the F7 in a two channel demo at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, and the clarity and imaging are just fantastic. This setup also used two Paradigm subs, and the integration of the subs was also great.

DSC_0087 by MDTshots, on Flickr

I would say to also check out the Revel Performa Be range, which will be less costly, but still very, very good. They also had a demo at RMAF. Revel has also just released the F328Be floorstander, as well as a matching center channel speaker. Pictured are the F226BE, the smallest floor stander in the range.

DSC_0062 by MDTshots, on Flickr
post #8 of 9 Old 09-21-2019, 03:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 3408 Post(s)
Liked: 2877
Quote:

Any ideas?

Also,

For HT, maybe 5F or even 3F and add two subs to the mix. Throw in an Anthem AVM 60 and MCA 525 and you'll have a killer setup. You can just add an inexpensive Emotiva A-500 to power the atmos channels.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: Kef Q100 ,JBL Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-22-2019, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Yeah, for HT, I'd get the 3F in the front, and the Persona Center. I'd spend the extra money on Persona B side surrounds and back surrounds if you have to.

Also, an AVM60 with an MCA 525 is a great idea.

FS: Piano Black Martin Logan Motion 35XT, 50XT, 60XT, and Motion 4i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page