CS400i Replacement Tweeter - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-01-2019, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
CS400i Replacement Tweeter

I've got a Polk Audio CS400i that I picked up a while ago to "match" some Polk Audio SDA-1's that I inherited. I hooked the sucker up to my amp and got a ton of muddy audio. A few forum posts later and I diagnosed the issue as blown tweeter. I took the front plate off and ran an ohm test on the tweeter just to be sure, and sure enough, it is blown. I've contacted Polk Audio for replacement parts (SL6506 and SL6502) and they stopped producing them long ago. Does anybody know of alternate tweeters that will work/match Polk SDA-1's better?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-01-2019, 03:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by financedtick View Post
I've got a Polk Audio CS400i that I picked up a while ago to "match" some Polk Audio SDA-1's that I inherited. I hooked the sucker up to my amp and got a ton of muddy audio. A few forum posts later and I diagnosed the issue as blown tweeter. I took the front plate off and ran an ohm test on the tweeter just to be sure, and sure enough, it is blown. I've contacted Polk Audio for replacement parts (SL6506 and SL6502) and they stopped producing them long ago. Does anybody know of alternate tweeters that will work/match Polk SDA-1's better?

Thanks in advance.
I think trying to find a salvaged one on eBay is your best bet.

Trying to find an alternative tweeter that works well without measurements and crossover mods that also fits properly in the raised bezel will be very difficult.

-

5.1 and 2.0 ch: Marantz AV7704/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Audiosource Amp Three x 2/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage and Dayton IO655 on patio. 2.1 ch: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2. 2.0 ch: Outlaw 975/Outlaw M2200 x 2/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED. 2.0 ch: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3. Kitchen: Sonos Play5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page