Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Decent speaker match?

Hello,

*Proposed speakers:
Wavecrest audio HVL-1s x 3 in front
Klipsch CDT 3650 cII x 4 as surrounds
PL200 sub

I recently moved into a new house and we are moving our 7.1 system into our large master suite, because of this we decided to make it look nicer and go from ceiling mounted speakers to in ceiling while leaving the front as is, I ordered 4 x CDT 3650 c ii's without giving it much thought but now I am second-guessing if it might sound unbalanced. They are replacing energy take classic surrounds ...easy to beat I assume but I was figuring in ceiling's struggle to keep up with book shelf speakers and would not over power the front HVL1's but am now thinking I should re think the entire setup?

I know it's a pretty mismatched system at this point but I'm trying to keep it all resonably matched.

I would appreciate any input!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-18-2019, 04:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3427 Post(s)
Liked: 2890
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMontu View Post
Hello,

*Proposed speakers:
Wavecrest audio HVL-1s x 3 in front
Klipsch CDT 3650 cII x 4 as surrounds
PL200 sub

I recently moved into a new house and we are moving our 7.1 system into our large master suite, because of this we decided to make it look nicer and go from ceiling mounted speakers to in ceiling while leaving the front as is, I ordered 4 x CDT 3650 c ii's without giving it much thought but now I am second-guessing if it might sound unbalanced. They are replacing energy take classic surrounds ...easy to beat I assume but I was figuring in ceiling's struggle to keep up with book shelf speakers and would not over power the front HVL1's but am now thinking I should re think the entire setup?

I know it's a pretty mismatched system at this point but I'm trying to keep it all resonably matched.

I would appreciate any input!

Thanks
If you have an AVR with room correction, the speakers will be level matched when you run the program. The in-ceiling speakers will not play louder than the front 3 or vice-versa.

If budget allows, go for an HSU-VTF-2 MK5 Rhythmik LV12F on Monoprice Monolith. Any of those will a big step up over the PL-200.

Kef LS50,Q200C, Q100, SVS SB-2000, Denon AVR-X3400H, NAD 216, Panasonic 50" Plasma, Xbox One.
Bedroom: Kef Q100 ,JBL Loft 20, Bic F-12, Denon AVR-S710W, PS3, 32" Insigna LED.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-18-2019, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks!

That's what I was thinking, the sub...before moving we were having a problem with the sub going inactive randomly...not sure If it's the receiver or the sub (already tried the cable) I'm hoping it's the sub and if so the wife agrees we want to replace it...thanks for the recommendations

For the record the AVR is a denon 1912 (which I do hope to replace at some point due to an annoying issue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-18-2019, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3224 Post(s)
Liked: 3126
have you or have you not bought the front 3 speakers yet?

----------------
Who AM I
post #5 of 5 Old 10-18-2019, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
have you or have you not bought the front 3 speakers yet?
I've owned them for some time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page