Originally Posted by bulldog78
1) Your budget. No set budget, I'd like to keep it mid range. TV is ~3000$ so 3.1 speakers that will match.
2) Your listening interests: movies/gaming/music--and whether or not any of those are your primary concern. Movies and TV, some music
3) Your existing audio equipment (make/models) if any. Include comments about what you hope to improve upon. TV 85" Sony XBR85X900F
4) The size of your room. Please also mention if there are adjacent open areas and how big they are (important for subwoofer choice). So this is our great room, it is 19' x 19' with 18' ceiling with a kitchen behind it that is 15' x 19' with 10' ceiling here is a ghetto fabulous mock up https://ibb.co/c6S8mvC
5) Any placement restrictions. TV is wall mounted to front wall see mock up
6) Any aesthetic or size concerns. No
7) Any equipment you are already considering (or would not consider). I am open to suggestions we have the TV already
8) Any particular audio sonic signatures you know you prefer (e.g., you are a basshead, you have a preference for bright treble, etc.) [COLOR=red]I like bass, but would need to tone it down when the kids are in bed...
Welcome back! So it sounds like you sold off all the RBH speakers as well as the SVS PB1000?
For 3.1 in that kind of space, I'd recommend this time around:
a. Emotiva T2 + C2 center, $1400 shipped
b. Ascend 340SE x 3, about $1K with OEM tower-look stands (or $834 if you skip the stands and buy normal stands like the Monolith ones).
c. Chane A2.4 x 3, about $860 shipped
d. Chane A5.5 towers + A2.4 center, $1243 shipped === caveat: the A5.5 are "pre-order" which historically means they could arrive by the end of this month, next month, etc. You do get a nice $100 discount if you use their pre-order code though.
For such a big open space having enough sub will be key, so I'd go with a robust 15" one like the Hsu VTF-3 or VTF-15H both of which are currently on sale, which will run $900-1000 shipped. You'll still be way under budget, no need to go much above that unless you plan to do critical music listening.